Isa 44:28

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Isa 44:28 NIV who says of Cyrus, ‘He is my shepherd and will accomplish all that I please; he will say of Jerusalem, “Let it be rebuilt,” and of the temple, “Let its foundations be laid.” ’

http://www.easyenglish.info/bible-commentary/isaiah41-55-gc-lbw.htm- Verse 28 Now God will rescue his people again, as he rescued them from Egypt many centuries before. This time Cyrus, the King of Persia, will be his agent. Actually, God describes Cyrus as ‘his *shepherd’. A *shepherd is a sheep farmer. The ‘sheep’ mean God’s people. Cyrus is like the farmer who cares about his sheep. The *temple was God’s house in Jerusalem. Nebuchadnezzar destroyed it in 587 *B.C.

It astonishes Bible students that Cyrus’s name appears here. Isaiah lived more than a century before Cyrus’s birth. Bible students have two possible explanations:

(1) Because God knows everything, he told Isaiah Cyrus’ name. This may surprise us, but God did a similar thing in 1 Kings 13:2.

(2) A later *prophet, and not Isaiah, wrote these words. But in Isaiah chapter 44, God emphasises that, unlike an *idol, he really does know the future. If God told Cyrus’s name to Isaiah, that would be powerful evidence of that fact.

iakov

Jan 17, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Isa 44:28 NIV who says of Cyrus, ‘He is my shepherd and will accomplish all that I please; he will say of Jerusalem, “Let it be rebuilt,” and of the temple, “Let its foundations be laid.” ’
It astonishes Bible students that Cyrus’s name appears here. Isaiah lived more than a century before Cyrus’s birth. Bible students have two possible explanations:
Isaiah was quite probably written by Isaiah and at least one of his disciples and possible a third generation. Thus the book covers over 100 years.

iakov the fool

[SIZE=9pt]You have chosen to subject yourself to the rantings of iakov the fool. No warrantee is declared or implied. Individual mileage may vary. Enjoy the rest of your day. :D [/SIZE]