It Is Written!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By golly, Moses came down from the mountain with two tables of stone, and a KJV, (the authorized by God, version), and if it’s good enough for Moses, it’s good enough for me!!

Point in case

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea who worked at putting together the bibles we know today... I am talking about the translations that have been written already.
I would imagine a "scholar" is someone who has studied extensively.
My point about the churches was that many "teachers/pastors" are perverting the gospel... ( the one that is written ).

Just follow the money trail

Reactions: bbyrd009

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible has over 40 authors written over a 1500 year time span. Each author recorded the events at that time as well as writing what God had inspired them to write. (Basically, they were moved by the Holy Spirit to speak what they were shown)....compare it with song writers...they were inspired by some thought or event in their life that gave them the words to express this to the public.
The neatest thing about this is that with all these various authors there is no contradiction in it. Scripture interprets scripture. To fully understand it requires the help of the Holy Spirit, a hunger and thirst for it, wisdom, knowledge and understanding comes from studying it and it necessary to comprehend it.
Also, you must be spiritually minded to correctly interpret it because the carnal mind of man is always in error of his interpretation.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Also, you must be spiritually minded to correctly interpret it because the carnal mind of man is always in error of his interpretation.
There is ONE JESUS.... and thousands of interpretations on what it means to be a Christian and how to live a Christian life.
Is it any wonder that people with trust issues like me don't believe ANYONE??? LOL.... Just saying...

There are people within these forums who don't believe Jesus is God yet... they still call themselves Christians... It's rather confusing.

These people will all state that they are spiritually minded.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is ONE JESUS.... and thousands of interpretations on what it means to be a Christian and how to live a Christian life.
Is it any wonder that people with trust issues like me don't believe ANYONE??? LOL.... Just saying...

There are people within these forums who don't believe Jesus is God yet... they still call themselves Christians... It's rather confusing.

These people will all state that they are spiritually minded.
I certainly do believe that there is one Jesus, but how well do people who know him, know him? This too, I believe, is included in what Apostle Paul wrote here:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

So then some not knowing all of the details of who and what Jesus is speak with a mixture of words or with even completely wrong words due to the time and place in which they are at the moment.

All of us need to be growing closer to God. Does growth occur without nourishment?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I certainly do believe that there is one Jesus, but how well do people who know him, know him? This too, I believe, is included in what Apostle Paul wrote here:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

So then some not knowing all of the details of who and what Jesus is speak with a mixture of words or with even completely wrong words due to the time and place in which they are at the moment.

All of us need to be growing closer to God. Does growth occur without nourishment?
Words of great wisdom spoken by the OH SO GENTLE and TENDER one.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You forgot ANCIENT! Lol (what?...don't look at me like that!)

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, @soul man, the 8th chapter of Amos is a good picture of what we see happening today. Watered down messages from weak pastors, corrupt translations and paraphrases of the Bible, and idols everywhere “swallow up the needy” (v.4). Those familiar with prophecies about the end of this age are preparing, but sadly, many have not even heard. “Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it” (Amos 8: 11-12). May we all continue to hunger and thirst for righteousness while there is yet time! :) And keep the faith….
This is a gross misapplication of that Amos passage. That Amos passage is specifically about the time when God's Church is taken away to a place of safety just before the Tribulation begins. The whole reason why God said people would run all of the over place trying to know what He has to say in verse 12 is because His Church will have fulfilled its commission in warning the world and proclaiming the true gospel.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Bible has over 40 authors written over a 1500 year time span. Each author recorded the events at that time as well as writing what God had inspired them to write. (Basically, they were moved by the Holy Spirit to speak what they were shown)....compare it with song writers...they were inspired by some thought or event in their life that gave them the words to express this to the public.
The neatest thing about this is that with all these various authors there is no contradiction in it. Scripture interprets scripture. To fully understand it requires the help of the Holy Spirit, a hunger and thirst for it, wisdom, knowledge and understanding comes from studying it and it necessary to comprehend it.
@Heart2Soul There is a remarkable unity to it, even as its Spirit-led writers were so varied...and as you said, we need the Holy Spirit to lead us in understanding Scripture...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Heart2Soul There's a wonderful unity in Scripture even as varied writings were given over hundreds of years: all centred ultimately in Christ. We do indeed need the Holy Spirit to understand it truly.

(Oops, I see I already made a similar comment, but anyway this is true...)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul There's a wonderful unity in Scripture even as varied writings were given over hundreds of years: all centred ultimately in Christ. We do indeed need the Holy Spirit to understand it truly.

(Oops, I see I already made a similar comment, but anyway this is true...)
Lol I thought I was experiencing de ja vu there for a second.