Elijah And The Ravens...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The story about when God commanded the Ravens to feed Elijah at the a brook named Kerith teaches us about God's provision to us. (1 Kings 17:1-24)

Think back over your entire life and recall...there's ups and downs in life for all people, but are you missing any meals? Have you ever had a season of your life where you was missing meals?

As I look back at my life, I see that, I havent ever really missed any meals. I've never really had my utilities shut off before for non-payment. (well, I have had perhaps 2 or 3 times but that was always because they were being pricks like big corporations like to do.)

But I have always heard a lot of stories of these sort of things happening to people. It happens a lot. But, it didnt happen to me, so I wondered why not? And it punched me in the face, lol! The only people that I recall that has told me, their electrics off, or they aint got any food...all of them were either drugie people or drunks, or (as I see now), people who were not walking with the Lord in some way and were embracing the world and it's ways. What do you think of my theory?

Now Elijah went to King Ahab and told him, it isn't going to rain for 3.5 years! And the very next verse God tells Elijah to go hide out at the Brook Kerith and drink from it, and the ravens will bring him food. And so Elijah did just that, and the ravens did feed him. So I think we can safely assume that Elijah was camped out by the Brook Kerith for 3.5 years while it didn't rain, which prolly brought famine to the land.

I think that it was three and a half years may be curiously significant. That's the same amount of time as the great tribulation. Types and shadows?

Now I dont know about you folks, but I havent ever missed any meals, even when I wasnt walking with the Lord. I always worked though and paid my bills. I used to think it was me and I was good and smart (Lol!) but now I see that it was all the Lord's provision! (PTL!!) He fed my family, I didn't. Now that I'm retired, Money is tighter than ever. A few years ago the Lord told me I should make a pantry and use it. That was a good idea so I did. And some months are thin and some months are fat (considering, lol). Some are thinner than others. Then with the rise in food prices...my pantry sure got thinned out! Mostly the canned food. I still have most essentials but it needs restocked for sure...and still, I'm not missing any meals. I have to wonder when the famine hits the land. Food prices wont be high them, there wont be any food. If I am here, will the birds be feeding me? Or will I be gathering up manna from the back yard or something?

One thing seems obvious to me, it's less about the pantry and more about the Lord Himself. They will be fed. The ones who have drawn closer to the Lord, so the Lord draws closer to them, and feeds His sheep. We have nothing to worry about! Except one thing...if we walk away from the Lord into the world, the Lord will let us go to fend for ourselves. And when we keep our focus upon the Lord, we draw closer to Him. Then all these things shall be added unto you.

WOw. WHat do you think? Do you have a pantry? Have you thought about these things? Do you think ELijah shows us that we can be provided for by the fowls of the air or maybe even animals? I do.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Love the post.

God has always provided for us and I've seen his hand at work many times. When my husband was made redundant we only had his small benefit to live on and yet we were never short of food. We would find bags of groceries on our front doorstep or a few pounds pushed through the letterbox.

Last edited:

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love the post.

God has always provided for us and I've seen his hand at work many times. When my husband was made redundant we only had his small wage to live on and yet we were never short of food. We would find bags of groceries on our front doorstep or a few pounds pushed through the letterbox.

That's what I'm talking about right there! The Lord does take care of His people! He's helped me a bunch of times!. One time I was broke and out of coffee and knew I had company coming over and I thought to pray for some more coffee (it was my slow season) or work so I could get some, but I remembered the scripture that says, He already knows what we need so dont worry about it...what you will eat or drink. SO I didnt pray for it, and just stood on the word of God and had faith that something would happen.

So then when my company got there, the first thing my friend did was to hand me two pounds of coffee! Right then. I didn't tell my friend that I was out of coffee. I didnt know until he said he was on his way in a bit. I somehow realized instantly what happened. I started to pray for coffee but I stopped myself and did not pray for it. Because I stood in faith on the word...and Jesus responds to faith.

That coffee was at my house being made within 30 minutes of me deciding I dont need to pray about it. I like this story above all my testimines so far because it showed me, what kind of Lord I serve! The Lord God Almighty had coffee delivered to "my" house! It dont get any cooler than that! I have other testimonies where God did bigger things for me, but this one is soo super cool.

It was also better coffee than I usually buy. Some gourmet coffee that I never had before but it was delicious!. I asked my friend why he brought me coffee and he said no reason. I just havent seen you in a while and I know you like coffee. I never did tell him this testimony before I had to move to Ohio. He doesnt even know that God used him, lol!

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's what I'm talking about right there! The Lord does take care of His people! He's helped me a bunch of times!. One time I was broke and out of coffee and knew I had company coming over and I thought to pray for some more coffee (it was my slow season) or work so I could get some, but I remembered the scripture that says, He already knows what we need so dont worry about it...what you will eat or drink. SO I didnt pray for it, and just stood on the word of God and had faith that something would happen.

So then when my company got there, the first thing my friend did was to hand me two pounds of coffee! Right then. I didn't tell my friend that I was out of coffee. I didnt know until he said he was on his way in a bit. I somehow realized instantly what happened. I started to pray for coffee but I stopped myself and did not pray for it. Because I stood in faith on the word...and Jesus responds to faith.

That coffee was at my house being made within 30 minutes of me deciding I dont need to pray about it. I like this story above all my testimines so far because it showed me, what kind of Lord I serve! The Lord God Almighty had coffee delivered to "my" house! It dont get any cooler than that! I have other testimonies where God did bigger things for me, but this one is soo super cool.

It was also better coffee than I usually buy. Some gourmet coffee that I never had before but it was delicious!. I asked my friend why he brought me coffee and he said no reason. I just havent seen you in a while and I know you like coffee. I never did tell him this testimony before I had to move to Ohio. He doesnt even know that God used him, lol!
I love to hear testimonies of God's goodness to us and the way he provides. In my experience it hasn't been just food; he has provided clothes too. For years I had to buy my clothes from charity/thrift shops but was always well dressed, finding good clothes - some even new - at a fraction of the prices you'd have to pay in stores. I never went for the cheap stuff but always found things with good labels and always thanked God for the things I found. Also a few years ago I needed a bible as the one I was using was falling apart and new ones were so expensive. Anyway one day out with a friend I found one in a charity shop. It was brand new, still in its box, gold edged, red letter and with a page marker. It was beautiful and cost me £2 instead of £20. I still have it even though the print is too small now. It is a reminder of God's Father heart goodness.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And another way God provided for us was when we decided to move house. We had lived on a main road with no garden and where the front door opened directly off the pavement. We had made a move to a different church and wanted to live closer to it so we put our house up for sale.

Our house sold within a few weeks of going on the market to the only couple who viewed it. After living in such a treeless place I asked God for a home where there were a lot of trees. We had an idea of the area we wanted to live in but house prices in that location were beyond our budget.

Some friends from church had recently moved and we wanted to be near them but the house prices were too high. Anyway one night at our housegroup meeting one of the guys had brought a property guide from the local paper and showed us that the house we had rejected as too expensive had been reduced in price so we decided to view it.

We went to the estate agent to make an appointment to view only to find that in the few days since the price had been dropped it had been reduced further, putting it well within our budget. So we went for it.

The thing was though, our young buyers had decided to go on holiday and could no longer afford the solicitor to do the legal stuff. They still wanted the house but it dragged on and on until eventually my husband and the man whose house we were buying agreed to pay the other couple's legal fees.

It didn't actually come to that but because of the delay the agent threatened to put the house we wanted back on the market unless we paid a 10% deposit which there was no chance of us finding. I felt so confidant that this was the house God wanted us to have that I wasn't a bit concerned by the fact it was back on the market. i just knew it was our house.

And eventually it all came good and after selling our old house at the Easter of that year we finally moved here into our new home at the start of September. And we've been here for over 37 years and still love it.

Reactions: MA2444