Japan opens "baby hatch" as an alternative to the evil practice of abortion.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
Japan opens "baby hatch" as an alternative to the evil practice of abortion.Now it will be much harder for women to use that excuse "I am not ready to raise a child yet" as a excuse for abortion. http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=07...&show_article=1Japan's first "baby hatch", where parents can drop off unwanted infants anonymously, opened Thursday despite opposition from the conservative national government.The baby hatch, modelled on a project in Germany, went into operation at a Roman Catholic hospital in the city of Kumamoto, some 900 kilometres (560 miles) southwest of Tokyo. snip.... Advocates say the plan, if replicated, could help boost the dwindling birth rate in Japan, where abortion is widely accepted.The city of Kumamoto approved the Jikei Hospital's plan in April after deciding it did not violate any laws.Called "the cradle of storks," the hatch is set into the wall of the hospital's lobby like a mailbox.It has a door, 50 centimetres (20 inches) by 60 centimetres (24 inches), with a drawing of two storks carrying a baby and a message reading, "Please leave something with the baby."

Bamp;#39;midbar

Apr 5, 2007
This reminds me that in some states a woman can leave a baby at a fire department or a police station without penalty. Do you know if this policy has worked to save babies? I've wondered about that, so I thought you might know, since the topic interests you.

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
(B'midbar;10737)
This reminds me that in some states a woman can leave a baby at a fire department or a police station without penalty. Do you know if this policy has worked to save babies? I've wondered about that, so I thought you might know, since the topic interests you.
I From what I understand such a practice is called a safe haven laws here in the United States and from what I understand it is not really publicized.http://pediatrics.about.com/od/newbornsand..._safe_haven.htmDo Safe Haven Laws Work?:Unfortunately, so far, they don't seem to be having much of an impact on babies being abandoned in unsafe places. That may be because many Safe Haven Laws are not very well publicized and few people, especially the very young mothers who typically abandon babies, seem to know about them.More Publicity for Safe Haven Laws:Increased publicity, so that people actually know this option is available, may help to make sure that unwanted babies are left in a safe place and not abandoned where they may not be found until it is too late.

Bamp;#39;midbar

Apr 5, 2007
(jamesrage;10744)
I From what I understand such a practice is called a safe haven laws here in the United States and from what I understand it is not really publicized.
Thanks, James. I had remembered hearing about abandoned babies sometime last year, that they were still being abandoned in unsafe locations. I agree with the article, that maybe publicity would help.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
I would like to put my two cents worth since I am from Japan. I think you already know that the most Japanese are not Christians and abortion is not unlawful. It is available to anyone without feeling guilty whatsoeveer. I had the same kind of mentality that abortion was not a big deal before became believer. Thank God I am a Christian now.

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
This is terrible! How will these babies fare? I cna only hope they get adopted. Well at least abortion wasn't outlawed and hopefully people will do what they think is the best moral decision.