Jerry Falwell, Jr. takes indefinite leave of absence from Liberty University

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We just need to remember that we will receive the same measure that we give. I try to remember that those who show mercy are the ones who receive mercy. And we ALL need a big dose of that!!

In an interview with the Morningline on WLNI 105.9 Lynchburg, the Liberty University president explained and apologized for posting this picture.

“Yeah, it was weird. She’s pregnant. She couldn’t get her pants zipped and I was like trying to like… I had on a pair of jeans I haven’t worn in a long time and couldn’t get zipped either. So, I just put my belly out like hers. She’s my wife’s assistant she’s a sweetheart. I should have never put it up and embarrassed her. I’ve apologized to everybody. I promised my kids I will try to be a good boy from here on out.”

Proverbs 24
15 Lie not in wait as a wicked man against the dwelling of the righteous;
do not violence to his home;
16 for a righteous man falls seven times, and rises again;
but the wicked are overthrown by calamity.

Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, this is an interesting turn of events. A Democrat from the Obama administration is visiting Liberty University to discuss morality!

Why an Obama Loyalist Is Speaking at Liberty University About Moral Leadership

Friday morning at Liberty University, the Christian school that Jerry Falwell Jr. ran until scandals forced him out, the more than 100,000 students enrolled at the conservative bastion in Lynchburg, Virginia, will listen to a convocation address about the importance in leadership of “character, integrity and morality”—delivered by a trusted lieutenant of Barack Obama.

Jeh Johnson, the secretary of the Department of Homeland Security for the last three years of the preceding administration, is the featured speaker, setting up an unlikely show of comity in the homestretch of one of the most consequential and bitterly partisan elections in American history. His speech, a draft of which Johnson shared exclusively with me, comes on the 19th anniversary of the terrorist attacks that briefly roused a semblance of national unity before exacerbating longtime fault lines. And it’s happening, notably, at a place that’s been rocked of late by a series of tawdry revelations that added up to impel the resignation of Liberty’s Donald Trump-devoted now former president.

“Blue just can’t talk to blue, and red just can’t talk to red,” he said. “I believe strongly that you’re never going to get anywhere in shaping people’s opinions if you’re talking only to an audience that always already agrees with you.”

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We may never know the intimate details of the Falwell marriage. Perhaps Jerry isn't the best in bed? Any threesomes could be to please her as well as him.

Where would she go if she got a divorce? My guess is she feels she's in the clover now and wouldn't want to risk losing the things she has.

The pregnant woman in the photo was Falwell's "assistant." I wondered about that too. Is his wife's life so busy that she needs an assistant? What for? Where was Falwell's wife when that photo was taken on the yacht? Was she somewhere else aboard the yacht? Was she at home? By herself without her husband or her assistant? One thing did seem clear to me: His wife had to know how how friendly terms they were on, and she didn't mind. Falwell wouldn't have posted that picture if his wife might have seen it and get surprised.

I don't buy his story. It's a very curious situation. I'm one of the people who think male ministers should be married because their wives can often help them bear some of their burdens. Wives also sometimes have better insight into the psychology of problems.

I have to wonder if crimes may have been committed with the victims getting paid off to buy their silence.

Based on some of the things you’ve said in this thread, I would say that you are just as vulgar as Jerry Jr. Why don’t you give your vicious gossip a rest??

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Why don’t you give your vicious gossip a rest??

Romans 1:29 They were filled with all manner of wickedness, evil, covetousness, malice. Full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity, they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God’s decree that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do them but approve those who practice them.

Their outcome doesn't look very promising ... :oops:
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:29 They were filled with all manner of wickedness, evil, covetousness, malice. Full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity, they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God’s decree that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do them but approve those who practice them.

Their outcome doesn't look very promising ... :oops:
Bobby Jo
First, they have to recognize that they are gossiping. I pray that they do.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Giuliano
First, they have to recognize that they are gossiping. I pray that they do.

I fear that their "fruit" is rotten and the "roots' are rotten, and all that's left is to cut the tree down and throw it in the fire so it's disease doesn't spread. But if GOD can reach a SAUL (Paul), HE can reach each of us! :)

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Prayer Warrior