Jesus and a broken, contrite heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A few days ago, I was reading Elijah's stories in the old testament. I don't know why, but God brought my thoughts to Jesus on the cross, when he cries out to God before he dies. Some verses first.

Psalm 51:16-17 KJV
16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Matthew 27:45-46 KJV
45Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour. 46And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Do you think Jesus himself experienced a broken and contrite heart at that moment? Or at any other time while walking on this earth before his death? From my personal experience with God, it was when I finally experienced a broken heart, after going through some tests, that I finally called out to God, heart to heart, and started my relationship with him. I believe when one's heart is in that condition, as Psalm 51:17 talks about, God is the only one who can put it back together, if we call to Him.

Curious to hear others thoughts, especially if you feel there is a connection between the verses shared. Blessings to you!

Reactions: Episkopos and marks

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A few days ago, I was reading Elijah's stories in the old testament. I don't know why, but God brought my thoughts to Jesus on the cross, when he cries out to God before he dies. Some verses first.

Psalm 51:16-17 KJV

Matthew 27:45-46 KJV

Do you think Jesus himself experienced a broken and contrite heart at that moment? Or at any other time while walking on this earth before his death? From my personal experience with God, it was when I finally experienced a broken heart, after going through some tests, that I finally called out to God, heart to heart, and started my relationship with him. I believe when one's heart is in that condition, as Psalm 51:17 talks about, God is the only one who can put it back together, if we call to Him.

Curious to hear others thoughts, especially if you feel there is a connection between the verses shared. Blessings to you!

Blessings in Christ Jesus. A contrite heart is quick to repent. Jesus did not need to have a contrite heart as no sin was found in Him. He humbled Himself even unto death, death on a cross. What entered Man in the garden causes pain and suffering in man. When Jesus was here this suffering was not hid from Him. That is why it was prophesied that He would be a Man of sorrows. If The Lord took you to The Cross after reading Elijah then it was to show you the cost that must be endured for a high calling. Have you counted the cost of building a house. When a person comes to the end of themselves, that is when The Lord begins. A crying out, and a full trust and dependence on The Lord, is the only way through the season of testing and purifying. Be careful in the teachers you set before you, as The Truth can only be found in Jesus. Here are the words from the beginning of my journey, "Put not your trust in man, for he will fail you. Put you trust only in The Lord, as He will never leave you, nor will He forsake you."