Jesus Christ the Last 30 days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T-11 Days

I am working 12 hour shifts...:unsure:

Jesus making his way to Bethany and taking his sweet country time getting there.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T-8 The raising of Lazarus

I have been working twelve hour shifts... Lets see where I left off.. Oh yes Lazarus. Well Lazerus was dead and Jesus took his sweet time getting back to Bethany. When he got there the whole city was in morning over Lazarus. The scene was so emotional that Jesus himself wept, which also is the shortest verse of the bible (John 11:35). This is the only time we have in scripture that Jesus broke down. I can imagine that it was over the friendship he had with the family and the whole misfortunes behind it all.

Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many miracles. - John 11:47

Now both the chief priests and the Pharisees had given a commandment, that, if any man knew where he were, he should shew it, that they might take him. - John 11:57

So there is now great determination among Judaism that Jesus must die.

We also have here Mary (not Magnaline, but Mary the sister of Martha and the brother of Lazarus) anointing Jesus with costly herbs. Judas also complained about the expense in all of this (John 12: 4, 5, 6)

Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead. [sup][/sup]There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him. [sup][/sup]Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.- John 12: 1-3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ia-8_14-M4

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T - 7 days Palm Sunday!

this do in remembrance of me. - Luke 22:19

And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.- Deuteronomy 6:7

The only time I am envious of the Catholic church... Holy Week! It does our God good to remember the events of this week! As my dad studied to be a Catholic priest Holy Week was a family conversation!

On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord. And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; - John 12: 12, 13, 14

Hosanna!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAY3K85xx3U

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T - 6 Days... Time to clean house!

And he went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold therein, and them that bought;Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves. And he taught daily in the temple. But the chief priests and the scribes and the chief of the people sought to destroy him, And could not find what they might do: for all the people were very attentive to hear him. - Luke 19: 45,46,47,48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FJ1LP4HysQ

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T - 5 Days... Judas bargaining with the Pharisees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FC8BcAiM-Q

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T - 5 Days... Trying to find some kind of fault in Jesus, they bring him a woman convicted in her sin...

Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. [sup][/sup]And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. [sup][/sup]And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, [sup][/sup]They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. [sup][/sup]Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? [sup][/sup]This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. [sup][/sup]So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. [sup][/sup]And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. [sup][/sup]When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? [sup][/sup]She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. john 8:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKM5rTutyIQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHr-t2fSiEg

The Mount of Olives

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Ah yes, those JC Superstar clips bring back memories of my youth as a young teenager. I found them throughly enjoying then as I do now, albeit humorously sacrilegious at times. One has to know how to take them.

For musicals, I actually liked "Godspell" better. There was a certain atmosphere or spirit about that whole presentation. Geeeez, where did the time go? But both were hippy and somewhat post-hippy time frame interpretations of Christian theology. Reminded me of the ol' Jesus freaks one would see on the street or the town's fair handing out tracts. Those were interesting times to live in and grow up in to say the least.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T - 4 Days

Will spend this Wednesday about his Fathers business most undoubtedly annoying the pharisees with the talk of himself being the light of the world. Our Lord will go to sleep for the last time this evening as he will spend Thursday night praying in the the garden of Gethsemane.

Jesus films tends to mix current times with the reality of Jesus. If you notice on the 1927 version people behave like 1920's type people. Tim_From_Pa... You are right, people must understand that Jesus flicks are not 100% accurate to the true story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3eUWE1FB9w

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Tim_From_Pa... You are right, people must understand that Jesus flicks are not 100% accurate to the true story.

That's true. One thing I forgot to point out that always bothered me about JC Superstar and Godspell is that it ends with the crucifixion. The stories leave the resurrection open. I don't think those religious hippies really believed the most important part although some say that the resurrection is implied in Godspell by the ending song "Prepare Ye" just as it opened up. Nevertheless, they bring back fond memories of my early life in Christ. Again, those were interesting times to say the least.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T - 4 Days - Good Night Lord Jesus!

And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. - Matthew 8:20

Jesus will lay his head down tonight for the last time! But... Can the man sleep knowing the reality of the coming two days? His body will expire on the cross before the thieves due to total exhaustion!

Tim_From_Pa... This is why this is T-4 days and not T-2 days!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T-3 Days

Jesus will wake up for the last time on this earth. I am assuming that he spent his last night in Bethany and will go to a certain city for the last supper. Judas will make arrangements with the pharisees to betray Jesus with a kiss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xte_ekPE1yU

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Garden of Gethsemane (above video) Lyrics...

I only want to say,
If there is a way,
Take this cup away from me.
For I don't want to taste its poison.
Feel it burn me,
I have changed.
I'm not as sure, as when we started.
Then, I was inspired.
Now, I'm sad and tired.
Listen, surely I've exceeded expectations,
Tried for three years, seems like thirty.
Could you ask as much from any other man?But if I die,
See the saga through and do the things you ask of me,
Let them hate me, hit me, hurt me, nail me to their tree.
I'd want to know, I'd want to know, My God,
I'd want to know, I'd want to know, My God,
I'd want to see, I'd want to see, My God,
I'd want to see, I'd want to see, My God,
Why I should die.
Would I be more noticed than I ever was before?
Would the things I've said and done matter any more?
I'd have to know, I'd have to know, my Lord,
I'd have to know, I'd have to know, my Lord,
I'd have to see, I'd have to see, my Lord,
I'd have to see, I'd have to see, my Lord,
If I die what will be my reward?

If I die what will be my reward?
Have to know, have to know, my Lord,
Have to know, have to know, my Lord,
Why should I die?
Why why should I die?
Can you show me now that I would not be killed in vain?
Show me just a little of your omnipresent brain.
Show me there's a reason for you wanting me to die.
You're far to keen and where and how, but not so hot on why.
Alright, I'll die!
Just watch me die!
See, see, see how I die!
Oh, see, see how I die!
Then I was inspired.
Now, I'm sad and tired.
After all, I've tried for three years, seems like ninety.
Why then am I scared to finish what I started,
What you started - I didn't start it.
God, thy will is hard,
But you hold every card.
I will drink your cup of poison.
Nail me to your cross and break me.
Bleed me, beat me.
Kill me. Take me, now!
Before I change my mind.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T - 2 Days... Good Friday

I have Jesus on the cross at 12:00 PM high noon with him expiring at 3:00 PM.

12:00 AM - Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane with his disciples sleeping...

And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? - Matthew 26:20

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1:00 AM - Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane with his disciples sleeping...

[sup]42[/sup]He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

[sup]43[/sup]And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.

[sup]44[/sup]And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.- Matthew 26: 42,43,44

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2:00 AM - Judas's betrayal... Time for the trip to see Caiaphas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2UM5iDxbBQ

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

3:00 AM - Peters Denial

Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death; - Matthew 26:59

And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly. - Matthew 26:75

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC5-ejlk7yk

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Atta boy... Old Fisherman... Atta boy!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

7:00 AM before Pontius Pilate.

Well... On second thought... If the 'cock crew' the time must be more like 6:00 AM. Therefore Jesus is being accused before the pharisees between 2:00 AM and 6:00 AM. I will have him arriving before Pilate at 7:00 AM who will send him to Herod by 8:00 AM.

[sup]3[/sup]And Pilate asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answered him and said, Thou sayest it. [sup]4[/sup]Then said Pilate to the chief priests and to the people, I find no fault in this man.

[sup]5[/sup]And they were the more fierce, saying, He stirreth up the people, teaching throughout all Jewry, beginning from Galilee to this place.

[sup]6[/sup]When Pilate heard of Galilee, he asked whether the man were a Galilaean.

[sup]7[/sup]And as soon as he knew that he belonged unto Herod's jurisdiction, he sent him to Herod, who himself also was at Jerusalem at that time.- Luke 23: 3,4,5,6,7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvzVE5jNFgI

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a book called "The letters of Pontius Pilate and Claudia Procula" Should be interesting!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

8:00 AM before Herod Antipas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr00tHyR_x0