Jesus didn't have siblings.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just bring the old thread back up.--you don't have to start a new one.
Yes, otherwise it's considered "spamming" the board. Cluttering it with multiple threads of the same topic. And, I don't think we're supposed to have multiple member names, are we?

Much love!

Soulx3

Apr 2, 2024
PNW.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just bring the old thread back up.--you don't have to start a new one.

You opened four threads about the same topic under your nick Sigma. You can see all of them down this same page under "SIMILAR THREADS".

Yes, otherwise it's considers "spamming" the board. Cluttering it with multiple threads of the same topic.

It's just preference. I'll try not to remake the thread again after this though. :]

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea I know, it's just preference. I'll try not to remake the thread again after this though. :]
I don't know if the mods will let it stand, since it is the same person posting the same thing.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something similar happened to me on another forum. I couldn't log in with the previous account and I had to open another one with a different nickname, and I informed the administrators of that forum. When I wanted to talk about the same biblical topics, I took up the ones I had opened with my previous nickname and continued the same topics.

Notice that you opened 2 threads under the same previous nickname in less than a month between September and August 2023. How "buried" can the first of those topics be that you needed to open another one to repost the same comment in copy/paste?

Soulx3

Apr 2, 2024
PNW.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something similar happened to me on another forum. I couldn't log in with the previous account and I had to open another one with a different nickname, and I informed the administrators of that forum. When I wanted to talk about the same biblical topics, I uploaded the ones I had opened with my previous nickname and continued the same topics.

Notice that you opened 2 threads under the same previous nickname in less than a month between September and August 2023. How "buried" can the first of those topics be that you needed to open another one to repost the same comment in copy/paste?

I had a reason but can't remember what it was right now.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is so. I was last active on that account two months ago.
You have at least 2 active memberships. You've indicated you have even more than these. When you choose to use them, that's not the point.

Much love!

Soulx3

Apr 2, 2024
PNW.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have at least 2 active memberships. You've indicated you have even more than these. When you choose to use them, that's not the point.

I only use this account. All other accounts are inactive.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a reason but can't remember what it was right now.
Memory problems, probably.

Do as I do, put your opened topics under a file in your favorites so you don't repeat the same thing again and again. I am an old man myself ... well, kind off. :oldthread:

Soulx3

Apr 2, 2024
PNW.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...it says they did not have sex until after Jesus was born, so the inference is that they did after that time.

Again, in Matt. 1:20-24, Matthew speaks about the ways in which the long-awaited messianic prophecy has come to fruition, such as Joseph accepting as his Spouse the Virgin Who conceived the Savior of mankind by the Holy Spirit. In Matt. 1:25, he reiterates and reinforces that the Savior was truly begotten by the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary, by referring to a specific period: pre-birth of the Savior, a period of known non-sexual activity that would dispel any belief the Savior was conceived by Joseph and not the Holy Spirit, nor born of a virgin. Note: This in and of itself doesn't indicate whether Joseph and Mary did or didn't have sexual intercourse after that period ended, and thus can't and shouldn't be used as proof to support they had or didn’t have a carnal married life. You're ignoring the context of this passage because it doesn't support what you'd rather believe.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do Catholic nuns believe that their vow of chastity has anything to do with Mary?

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It actually doesn't. ...
Yes it does:

Matt. 1:24 Then Joseph woke up from his sleep and did as the angel of Jehovah had directed him, and he took his wife home. 25 But he did not have sexual relations with her until she gave birth to a son, and he named him Jesus.

Soulx3

Apr 2, 2024
PNW.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it does:

Matt. 1:24 Then Joseph woke up from his sleep and did as the angel of Jehovah had directed him, and he took his wife home. 25 But he did not have sexual relations with her until she gave birth to a son, and he named him Jesus.

In Matt. 1:20-24, Matthew speaks about the ways in which the long-awaited messianic prophecy has come to fruition, such as Joseph accepting as his Spouse the Virgin Who conceived the Savior of mankind by the Holy Spirit. In Matt. 1:25, he reiterates and reinforces that the Savior was truly begotten by the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary, by referring to a specific period: pre-birth of the Savior, a period of known non-sexual activity that would dispel any belief the Savior was conceived by Joseph and not the Holy Spirit, nor born of a virgin. Note: This in and of itself doesn't indicate whether Joseph and Mary did or didn't have sexual intercourse after that period ended, and thus can't and shouldn't be used as proof to support they had or didn’t have a carnal married life. You're ignoring the context of this passage because it doesn't support what you'd rather believe.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary was not a single woman after giving birth to Jesus. She was a married woman. The Jews use Mary's marital status as a married woman to accuse her of being an adulteress, because her marriage was not dissolved after childbirth.

Matt. 1:19 However, because her husband Joseph was righteous and did not want to make her a public spectacle, he intended to divorce her secretly. 20 But after he had thought these things over, look! Jehovah’s angel appeared to him in a dream, saying: “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take your wife Mary home, for what has been conceived in her is by holy spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”

Joseph did not abandon his wife.

Soulx3

Apr 2, 2024
PNW.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary was not a single woman after giving birth to Jesus. She was a married woman. The Jews use Mary's marital status as a married woman to accuse her of being an adulteress, because her marriage was not dissolved after childbirth.

Matt. 1:19 However, because her husband Joseph was righteous and did not want to make her a public spectacle, he intended to divorce her secretly. 20 But after he had thought these things over, look! Jehovah’s angel appeared to him in a dream, saying: “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take your wife Mary home, for what has been conceived in her is by holy spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”

Joseph did not abandon his wife.

I never said Joseph abandoned his wife. Joseph and Mary decided to remain chaste for God throughout their marriage.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're ignoring the context of this passage because it doesn't support what you'd rather believe.
Well, if I'm being so dishonest with you . . . obviously there is no need to continue.

Much love!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said Joseph abandoned his wife. Joseph and Mary decided to remain chaste for God throughout their marriage.
Then they had sex, like any marriage couple. That's why it's said:

Mark 6:3 This is the carpenter, the son of Mary and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas, and Simon, is it not? And his sisters are here with us, are they not?” So they began to stumble because of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.