Jesus: God with us and God for us

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All that Jesus Christ is and all that Jesus Christ did was for us.

[...]

Now, we don't have to be good enough to be saved, Jesus was good enough for us, nor do we have to worry about being predestinated. In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. God has done all that he can do to reconcile us and the world unto himself. Salvation is now offered to everyone as a free gift from God, Ephesians 2:8.
That's the turning of the Holy Spirit, right there!

Thanks for uncovering more of the faith!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the turning of the Holy Spirit, right there!

Thanks for uncovering more of the faith!
Do you know or have you heard of Robert D. Brinsmead? He was a Christian scholar and was the publisher of Verdict Publications. I think that he passed away a couple of years ago. He owned a tropical fruit farm there in Australia.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you know or have you heard of Robert D. Brinsmead? He was a Christian scholar and was the publisher of Verdict Publications. I think that he passed away a couple of years ago. He owned a tropical fruit farm there in Australia.
Don't know him. He's with the Lord now?

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't know him. He's with the Lord now?
Brinsmead was a Christian scholar. He came out of Adventism when he discovered the Gospel and justification by faith. He used his own money to start a theological magazine that was called Present Truth at a later date he changed the name to Verdict. The motto for Verdict was, "The Gospel plus nothing and nothing but the Gospel". You had to have a degree to write articles for Verdict. I was a subscriber to Verdict for 20 years. Christian scholars from all over the world wrote articles for Verdict. Verdict was directed to pastors, seminary professors, theologians and Christian scholars, it was not for the lay Christian. I frequently struggled with it. It was through Verdict and Brinsmead that I came into a full understanding of the Gospel and justification by faith. His articles are all over the internet.

Reactions: Gottservant