Jesus: God with us and God for us

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that Jesus Christ is and all that Jesus Christ did was for us.

By his righteous sinless life he offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law. He does this in our name and on our behalf, just like we did it ourselves.

It is this life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

That was not enough, something had to be done about our sins and the sins of the whole world. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

It was the obedient sinless life of Christ and the death of Christ that reconciled us and the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can now say with Paul that we are "Complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

We can't make ourselves any better than what God has made us in Jesus Christ. In our name and on our behalf Jesus has taken that perfected life back to heaven. God now sees us in Jesus Christ, "For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3. Our salvation is at the right hand of God in heaven, a very safe and secure place.

Even now, Jesus is mediating his righteousness in our name and on our behalf, Hebrews 7:26. The law says... "The soul that sins must die" Jesus took our death for us. The law demands perfection. Jesus has fulfilled the law for us. We can now stand before God's Holy Court as justified because of the doing and the dying of Jesus.

"Blotting out the handwriting of the ordinances (The law) that was against us, which was contrary to us and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross" Colossians 2:14.

Now, we don't have to be good enough to be saved, Jesus was good enough for us, nor do we have to worry about being predestinated. In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. God has done all that he can do to reconcile us and the world unto himself. Salvation is now offered to everyone as a free gift from God, Ephesians 2:8.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

By his righteous sinless life he offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law. He does this in our name and on our behalf, just like we did it ourselves.

That was not enough, something had to be done about our sins and the sins of the whole world. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

It was the obedient sinless life of Christ and the death of Christ that reconciled us and the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can now say with Paul that we are "Complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

We can't make ourselves any better than what God has made us in Jesus Christ. In our name and on our behalf Jesus has taken that perfected life back to heaven. God now sees us in Jesus Christ, "For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3. Our salvation is at the right hand of God in heaven, a very safe and secure place.

Even now, Jesus is mediating his righteousness in our name and on our behalf, Hebrews 7:26. The law says... "The soul that sins must die" Jesus took our death for us. The law demands perfection. Jesus has fulfilled the law for us. We can now stand before God's Holy Court as justified because of the doing and the dying of Jesus.

"Blotting out the handwriting of the ordinances (The law) that was against us, which was contrary to us and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross" Colossians 2:14.

Now, we don't have to be good enough to be saved, Jesus was good enough for us, nor do we have to worry about being predestinated. In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. God has done all that he can do to reconcile us and the world unto himself. Salvation is now offered to everyone as a free gift from God, Ephesians 2:8.
And that Jesus rose again, being the firstfruits of many more to follow, amen!

Welcome to Chriastianityboard Robert!
We hope you will enjoy your time here.
God Bless!

Willy50

Apr 17, 2022
Pacific Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Isaiah 53

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you and welcome!

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, we have been bought with a price. This is why salvation is by grace through faith, without works, laws or religion, Ephesians 2:8.
Amen! And, Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided! (+ I and II!) * ← PG rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!…

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus was Emmanuel. And thise who are belivers and seek out God; God is for us, we can tend to be against ourselves with all the motions of the soul. Even the darknsss of the world, which can be against us. Its good to seek and find rest in the Lord Yeshua, the Son of God and Son of Man.

“‘Come unto me, all ye labouring and burdened ones, and I will give you rest, take up my yoke upon you, and learn from me, because I am meek and humble in heart, and ye shall find rest to your souls, for my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.’”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11‬:‭28‬-‭30‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Reactions: marks

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus was Emmanuel. And thise who are belivers and seek out God; God is for us, we can tend to be against ourselves with all the motions of the soul. Even the darknsss of the world, which can be against us. Its good to seek and find rest in the Lord Yeshua, the Son of God and Son of Man.

“‘Come unto me, all ye labouring and burdened ones, and I will give you rest, take up my yoke upon you, and learn from me, because I am meek and humble in heart, and ye shall find rest to your souls, for my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.’”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11‬:‭28‬-‭30‬ ‭YLT98‬‬
The rest is that we cease from our own works (Religion) and rest in his work, Hebrews 4:9-10. Jesus has done it all and he did it perfectly.

Reactions: marks and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert,

James is such a helpful book as well, that suggest that though a person may proclaim faith but they are partial to the poor or partial to the rich in favortism, they are not fulfilling the royal law of Christ. There are people who believe that James is not needed at all.

You may not agree or find that James is not needed, here is my findings if you are curious, a lot of good spiritual resources by reading his letter to the twelve tribes. It definitely doesn't have anything to do with "religious works" but works that God produces in those who walk in the spirit, to fulfill the royal law - to love your neighbor as yourself.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert,

James is such a helpful book as well, that suggest that though a person may proclaim faith but they are partial to the poor or partial to the rich in favortism, they are not fulfilling the royal law of Christ. There are people who believe that James is not needed at all.

You may not agree or find that James is not needed, here is my findings if you are curious, a lot of good spiritual resources by reading his letter to the twelve tribes. It definitely doesn't have anything to do with "religious works" but works that God produces in those who walk in the spirit, to fulfill the royal law - to love your neighbor as yourself.

James places to much emphasis on works. Christians will do good works because they are indwelt with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 2:10. They don't do good works to be saved. They trust in the work that Jesus did. The twelve tribes that James wrote to were law keeping Jews, not Gentile Christians. James thought that all Gentile believers should be circumcised according to the law, Acts 15:1-21.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James places to much emphasis on works. Christians will do good works because they are indwelt with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 2:10. They don't do good works to be saved. They trust in the work that Jesus did. The twelve tribes that James wrote to were law keeping Jews, not Gentile Christians. James thought that all Gentile believers should be circumcised according to the law, Acts 15:1-21.
You are saying that the book of James is not God breathed? And BTW-there is not a thing in Acts 15:1-21 that shows that "James" is teaching false doctrine, at all.
Where in all of James's words in those passages does it even hint at works being done for salvation??

"13 When they finished, James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me. 14 Simon[a] has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. 15 The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:

16 “‘After this I will return
and rebuild David’s fallen tent.
Its ruins I will rebuild,
and I will restore it,
17 that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
even all the Gentiles who bear my name,
says the Lord, who does these things’[b]—
18 things known from long ago.[c]
19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. 21 For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are saying that the book of James is not God breathed? And BTW-there is not a thing in Acts 15:1-21 that shows that "James" is teaching false doctrine, at all.
Where in all of James's words in those passages does it even hint at works being done for salvation??

"13 When they finished, James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me. 14 Simon[a] has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. 15 The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:

16 “‘After this I will return
and rebuild David’s fallen tent.
Its ruins I will rebuild,
and I will restore it,
17 that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
even all the Gentiles who bear my name,
says the Lord, who does these things’[b]—
18 things known from long ago.[c]
19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. 21 For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”
Anything in the Bible that tells us to do something or not to do something is law.

James wanted to circumcise Gentile believers. James was the head of the church in Jerusalem, Acts 15:1.

Paul and Barnabas argued with James and the other Judaizers about this, Acts 15:2

James relented, Acts 15:13-19.

James laid more law on them, Acts 15:20-21.

Maybe you don't see anything wrong with this?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Acts 15:1

The Council at Jerusalem

15 Certain people came down from Judea to Antioch and were teaching the believers: “Unless you are circumcised, according to the custom taught by Moses, you cannot be saved.”

Nowhere does it say James gave condonement of this Jewish practice. And, James as you pointed out, did eventually relent.
Who are these "certain people"?

You do have good points.
To me, It is pretty precarious believing God can and has preserved His word despite mans blunders, and believing that God would allow false teaching to be a part of the canon of scripture.
Either His scripture is God breathed through the Spirit, or it's not.
Just cannot quite reconcile these two thoughts.

All thanks and praises to our Lord Jesus!