Jesus Is Buried

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friday 3-29-24 6th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Adar II Day 18 5784 11th. Day of Spring

As To Our Understanding: Back Then On Nisan 15 Friday Passover/UB Holy Day Passover Meal (Sedar) Eaten In The Previous Evening (Thursday) Jesus In the Grave 1st. Night And 2nd. Day Guards Stationed At Tomb.

Matthew 27

57 When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple:

58 He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered.

59 And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth,

60 And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.

61 And there was Mary Magdalene, and the other Mary, sitting over against the sepulchre.

62 Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,

63 Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.

64 Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.

65 Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can.

66 So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Reactions: Nancy

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
^^^ Ah, Walter, your understanding has been misled by the traditions of our past.

Christ died on the day of preparation for the Passover, i.e., Thursday, and was placed in the tomb before the Friday Passover began when the sun went down on the day of preparation for the Passover feast.

It is a good exercise to put the Gospels accounts into chronological event order to see how the events unfolded and the order that the events unfolded. If this is done, then it is easy to determine that Christ died on the Thursday, which was the day of preparation for the Passover Feast.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^^^ Ah, Walter, your understanding has been misled by the traditions of our past.

Christ died on the day of preparation for the Passover, i.e., Thursday, and was placed in the tomb before the Friday Passover began when the sun went down on the day of preparation for the Passover feast.

It is a good exercise to put the Gospels accounts into chronological event order to see how the events unfolded and the order that the events unfolded. If this is done, then it is easy to determine that Christ died on the Thursday, which was the day of preparation for the Passover Feast.
Hi Jay Ross, We understand what you are saying, but you may have misunderstood what we are saying somewhere, but maybe, when I said; As To Our Understanding: Back Then On Nisan 15 Friday Passover/UB Holy Day Passover Meal (Sedar) Eaten In The Previous Evening (Thursday) Jesus In the Grave 1st. Night And 2nd. Day Guards Stationed At Tomb.

I should have said something else. but I meant that we understood what happened at that time, on Nisan 15 was the 1st. Day of UB.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Jay Ross, We understand what you are saying, but you may have misunderstood what we are saying somewhere, but maybe, when I said; As To Our Understanding: Back Then On Nisan 15 Friday Passover/UB Holy Day Passover Meal (Sedar) Eaten In The Previous Evening (Thursday) Jesus In the Grave 1st. Night And 2nd. Day Guards Stationed At Tomb.

I should have said something else. but I meant that we understood what happened at that time, on Nisan 15 was the 1st. Day of UB.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Within the Jewish convention, the day of the week ends when the sun goes down and the next day begins immediately in the evening and ends on the next sunset.

Since the next day started when the sun set on the day of preparation, the Gospels are unclear as to when the High Priest and the scribes gathered before Pilate to request a guard be set at the tomb so that Jesus' body could not be stolen from the Tomb. I would humbly suggest that this event took place very early on the Friday evening, i.e., Thursday evening within our reference frame of the days of the week, and that the guard was set very quickly by the High Priest, to guard against Jesus' body being stolen and a false claim being made that Jesus had risen, as he had said, on the third day.

I would suggest that the guard at the tomb was in place for all of the Passover day, starting shortly after the Passover day began, for all of the Sabbath day and from when the sun had set on the Sabbath Day, overnight, on the first day of the week.

Shalom

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Within the Jewish convention, the day of the week ends when the sun goes down and the next day begins immediately in the evening and ends on the next sunset.

Since the next day started when the sun set on the day of preparation, the Gospels are unclear as to when the High Priest and the scribes gathered before Pilate to request a guard be set at the tomb so that Jesus' body could not be stolen from the Tomb. I would humbly suggest that this event took place very early on the Friday evening, i.e., Thursday evening within our reference frame of the days of the week, and that the guard was set very quickly by the High Priest, to guard against Jesus' body being stolen and a false claim being made that Jesus had risen, as he had said, on the third day.

I would suggest that the guard at the tomb was in place for all of the Passover day, starting shortly after the Passover day began, for all of the Sabbath day and from when the sun had set on the Sabbath Day, overnight, on the first day of the week.

Shalom
Thank you Jay Ross, Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Re: <Christ died on the day of preparation for the Passover>. . . Not <for>, but, "of". . .
14 ἦν δὲ Παρασκευὴ τοῦ πάσχα,
14 And it was the preparation of the passover

Re: <i.e., Thursday>. . . Correct, but, not <was placed in the tomb before the Friday Passover began when the sun went down on the day of preparation for the Passover feast>, but. . . Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 19:38 when the sun was down (after Abib 14 the day of "Preparation of the Passover ... they killed the passover on"), and in "That First Night" unleavened bread feast was supposed to be eaten, was taken down from the cross, and next daylight (Friday) "mid-afternoon (3PM) the Sabbath nearing" Luke 23:54 John 19:42, was placed in the tomb three hours before <the Friday Passover... feast> was over.

Last edited: