Jesus performed what we call miracles, what can we learn from them?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' miracles were great, but they not only showed us his capabilities on a small scale, but what we can learn about what he will accomplish for our future.

On earth Jesus once controlled natural forces:
(Mark 4:39) . . .that he got up and rebuked the wind and said to the sea: “Hush! Be quiet!” And the wind abated. . .
From heaven he will:
(Isaiah 35:1, 2) . . .The wilderness and the parched land will exult, And the desert plain will be joyful and blossom as the saffron. 2 Without fail it will blossom. . .

On earth Jesus miraculously fed thousands:
(Matthew 14:19, 20) . . .he took the five loaves and two fish, and looking up to heaven, he said a blessing, and after breaking the loaves, he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds. 20 So they all ate and were satisfied, and they took up the leftover fragments, 12 baskets full.
From heaven he will:
(Psalm 72:16) 16 There will be an abundance of grain on the earth; On the top of the mountains it will overflow. His fruit will flourish as in Lebʹa·non, And in the cities people will blossom like the vegetation of the earth. . .

On earth Jesus healed the sicknesses of many:
(Luke 18:41-43) . . .“What do you want me to do for you?” He said: “Lord, let me recover my sight.” 42 So Jesus said to him: “Recover your sight; your faith has made you well.” 43 And instantly he recovered his sight. . .
From heaven he will:
(Isaiah 33:24) . . .no resident will say: “I am sick.”. . .

On earth Jesus brought people back to life:
(Luke 8:53-55) . . .they knew she had died. 54 But he took her by the hand and called to her: “Child, get up!” 55 And her spirit returned, and she rose immediately, and he ordered that something be given her to eat.
From heaven he will:
(Revelation 21:3, 4) . . .The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

How we look forward to the time when Jesus brings this earth back to perfection and then this prophecy from God will be fulfilled:
(Psalm 145:16) 16 You open your hand And satisfy the desire of every living thing.

Have you prayed for God's Kingdom to come recently?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus' miracles were great, but they not only showed us his capabilities on a small scale, but what we can learn about what he will accomplish for our future.

On earth Jesus once controlled natural forces:
(Mark 4:39) . . .that he got up and rebuked the wind and said to the sea: “Hush! Be quiet!” And the wind abated. . .
From heaven he will:
(Isaiah 35:1, 2) . . .The wilderness and the parched land will exult, And the desert plain will be joyful and blossom as the saffron. 2 Without fail it will blossom. . .

On earth Jesus miraculously fed thousands:
(Matthew 14:19, 20) . . .he took the five loaves and two fish, and looking up to heaven, he said a blessing, and after breaking the loaves, he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds. 20 So they all ate and were satisfied, and they took up the leftover fragments, 12 baskets full.
From heaven he will:
(Psalm 72:16) 16 There will be an abundance of grain on the earth; On the top of the mountains it will overflow. His fruit will flourish as in Lebʹa·non, And in the cities people will blossom like the vegetation of the earth. . .

On earth Jesus healed the sicknesses of many:
(Luke 18:41-43) . . .“What do you want me to do for you?” He said: “Lord, let me recover my sight.” 42 So Jesus said to him: “Recover your sight; your faith has made you well.” 43 And instantly he recovered his sight. . .
From heaven he will:
(Isaiah 33:24) . . .no resident will say: “I am sick.”. . .

On earth Jesus brought people back to life:
(Luke 8:53-55) . . .they knew she had died. 54 But he took her by the hand and called to her: “Child, get up!” 55 And her spirit returned, and she rose immediately, and he ordered that something be given her to eat.
From heaven he will:
(Revelation 21:3, 4) . . .The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

How we look forward to the time when Jesus brings this earth back to perfection and then this prophecy from God will be fulfilled:
(Psalm 145:16) 16 You open your hand And satisfy the desire of every living thing.

Have you prayed for God's Kingdom to come recently?

Robert, it depends on who our true Father is? If you are promoting the thoughts of the first beast, who had the mind of a man then those, who listen to the Spirit of God, knows the answer and does not doubt it as not being true.

Goodbye Robert

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert, it depends on who our true Father is? If you are promoting the thoughts of the first beast, who had the mind of a man then those, who listen to the Spirit of God, knows the answer and does not doubt it as not being true.

Goodbye Robert
The true Father of course is God Jay. But with the authority He has granted Jesus, it will be Jesus that brings back our original relationship with God. When all things are brought back to perfection, in just a thousand years I might add, having undone all the damage humans and demonic angelic forces did, he will hand the Kingdom back to God.

The point of the thread was to show what he did while on earth, was just a prelude to what he will do for us in the future sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and some do not get the message and continue being a troll/tranducer.
Actually Jay, you can persecute me all you want, I expect it. But our assignment is not through simply because you or others do not accept the message. When the end comes, this assignment will be complete, not before. Mat 24:14. So either I am one of God's witnesses or not sir, but what if I am? That verse states in reality that you will be reached with the good news by one of God's people, giving all to His satisfaction the opportunity to learn about Him. So if I am not one of God's people, heck you have committed no serious sin, but if I am, then you basically reject the one who sent me, do you understand sir?

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the miracles of Jesus we can learn something very important: when the Kingdom of God with Jesus as King is finally established on the entire planet, no current human evil will be so great as not to be easily solved by our King. Some examples:

hunger (which Jesus quickly solved with the multiplication of loaves and fish),
diseases (in all the miraculous cures he made to lepers, blind from birth, etc.)
... even death (which we see defeated in the resurrection of Lazarus even though he had already been four days dead).

Good topic. Too bad the club of fake-christians trolls (and their bots) already started to sabotage the forum...