Jesus prophesied that Sabbath would be kept by Christians until His return

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Luke 24:6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how He spoke to you (the women) 7 The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise. 8 They (the women) remembered his words.

Matthew 16:21 Jesus began to show his disciples - 28 some standing here - that He must be raised the third day 17:21 this generation 22 Jesus said to them 23 the third day He shall be raised = Luke 24:6-8 “you=women” Luke 23:55,56 = Mark 15:40,41 = Matthew 27:61.

To his 12 disciples only
Jesus said He “must be raised the third day”

Luke 9:21,22 Matthew 20:17-19 Mark 9:30,31; 10:32-34 Luke 18:31-33

Matthew 27:62-66 The JEWS said, “We REMEMBER he (Jesus) said: the third day I RISE”. The Jews heard from the women and the disciples, and they “remembered” from the Torah – “according to all the Scriptures”, “HE SAID : THUS IT IS WRITTEN; THUS IT BEHOVED THE CHRIST TO RISE from the dead the third day” Luke 24:46. Yet they “BELIEVED NOT IN HIM OF WHOM THE SCRIPTURES TESTIFY”, but unto their own damnation believed they should prevent Him rise THE THIRD DAY.

And so do most Christians today believe Christ rose ‘after the Sabbath on the First Day’ contrary Scripture that He “rose the third day according to the Scriptures” 1Cor.15:3,4 “on the day which is after the Preparation the third day on the Sabbath late towards before the First Day of the week.” Matthew 27:62–28:1-4

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Colossians 2

Co-buried with Him
συνταφέντες αὐτῷ

in the baptism in/with the which
ἐν τῷ βαπτίσματι ἐν ᾧ

also you are co-raised with/in Him
καὶ συνηγέρθητε

through the faith of the operation of God
διὰ τῆς πίστεως τῆς ἐνεργείας τοῦ Θεοῦ

of the faith of the Resurrection of Him from the dead.
τῆς πίστεως .. τοῦ ἐγείραντος αὐτὸν ἐκ νεκρῶν·

And you, being dead in your transgressions
καὶ ὑμᾶς νεκροὺς ὄντας τοῖς παραπτώμασιν

and the uncircumcision of your flesh
καὶ τῇ ἀκροβυστίᾳ τῆς σαρκὸς ὑμῶν,

together with Him made He to live again together with/in Him
συνεζωοποίησεν ὑμᾶς σὺν αὐτῷ—

freely having forgiven you
χαρισάμενος ἡμῖν

all the/your trespasses
πάντα τὰ παραπτώματα,

extinguishing/obliterating
ἐξαλείψας

the in hand-engraven dogmas dragging us down
τὸ καθ’ ἡμῶν χειρόγραφον τοῖς δόγμασιν

which was contrary us / condemned us
ὃ ἦν ὑπεναντίον ἡμῖν

and took it out of the middle
καὶ αὐτὸ ἦρκεν ἐκ τοῦ μέσου,

nailing it to, displaying it on His cross
προσηλώσας αὐτὸ τῷ σταυρῷ·

Having stripped spectacularly naked
ἀπεκδυσάμενος

the principalities and the powers
τὰς ἀρχὰς καὶ τὰς ἐξουσίας

He identifying, exposed (them), in public
ἐδειγμάτισεν ἐν παρρησίᾳ,

in Himself rendering them, conspicuously shamed (instead)
θριαμβεύσας αὐτοὺς ἐν αὐτῷ.

Then therefore, anybody
οὖν τις

do not you, let him judge you
ὑμᾶς κρινέτω

in eating and in drinking
ἐν βρώσει καὶ ἐν πόσει

either in respect of a feast’s (eating and drinking)
ἢ ἐν μέρει ἑορτῆς

or of month’s or Weekly Sabbath’s—
ἢ νεομηνίας ἢ σαββάτων,

what (eating and drinking) is spectre (shadow)
ἅ ἐστιν σκιὰ τῶν

of the imminent things:
τῶν μελλόντων·

indeed OF CHRIST’S OWN the BODY (the Church)
τὸ δὲ σῶμα τοῦ Χριστοῦ.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thank you Johann. It sometimes reads back to me less than clear, lol...Thanks for the kind words!
Don't worry, I am Afrikaans, think in English, so when I do post/type my own words and read it back, what a hopscotch!

Shalom
J.

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't worry, I am Afrikaans, think in English, so when I do post/type my own words and read it back, what a hopscotch!

Shalom
J.
I understand your writing well, have not run across anything out of sorts, your English is very good.

• Love
Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Not to <YisraEl> whatever that is. God gave HIS PEOPLE : "MY PEOPLE" = whoever believe in GOD, HIS SIGN -- none other's sign, GOD'S Sabbath -- GOD'S Sabbath-Sign.
And who is bnei ammi?
YisraEl/Israel.

(29) And he said, Shimcha shall be called no more Ya'akov, but Yisroel: for sarita im Elohim ([yisrah=to prevail + El=G-d = Yisroel] ye have striven with Elohim) and with anashim, and hast overcome.
OJB

Thanks for the Koine Greek, I actually read it, but more interested in the morphologies, Middle, Active, Genitive, 2nd Aorist, Aorist etc.

..like...

τοτε ο ιησους ειπεν τοις μαθηταις αυτου ει τις θελει οπισω μου ελθειν απαρνησασθω εαυτον και αρατω τον σταυρον αυτου και ακολουθειτω μοι

Did you know there are three Imperatives in just this one verse?

Must be really important, coming from Yeshua's lips, Perfect Tense.

Shalom
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hello TL,
You had me quoting somebody else's words, at least what is written in between what I actually did write, which is below. Thanks! :)

Hello HIM, and welcome to CyB,

I could be wrong here, but I do believe these verses pertain to the Jews.
Jesus, at the Olivet discourse taught much on the end times mentioned d in Matthew 24-25, Mark 13 and Luke 21.
The Jews rejected Him, until the times of the gentiles come in, the Jews will be without Christ but, will IMHO eventually see the truth of Him. Sorry if this is not well written...just something to look into...? :)

The rest, is not mine. Thanks! :)
Romans 11 a beautiful passage about YHVH not forgetting His people.

• Love

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 11 a beautiful passage about YHVH not forgetting His people.
Yes, excellent chapter for this! The Jewish are still His chosen. I wonder what would have happened with Gentiles had they accepted Jesus 2000 years ago.
Perhaps it would have been the Jewish Nation itself to bring the Gospel to the Gentiles?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The plural form of the word "sabbath" cannot be used to prove a reference to merely special ceremonial sabbaths. The Greek of Exodus 20:8-10, the giving of the fourth commandment itself utilizes the plural also found in Colossians 2:16. Also, Leviticus 24:8; Numbers 15:32; Luke 4:16 and Acts 13:14 do as well, yet there is still a reference made to the weekly, Saturday sabbath.

The context doesn't change this fact.
AMEN
You have it so RIGHT!
Be careful though that you get what you wish for, because in Colossians 2 the whole context 12 to 19 HAS CHRIST CRUCIFIED -- yes Jesus Christ REPRESENTATIVE of all the Law of God, "crucified -- NAILED TO THE CROSS AND TAKEN OUT OF THE WAY". Make no mistake!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes, excellent chapter for this! The Jewish are still His chosen. I wonder what would have happened with Gentiles had they accepted Jesus 2000 years ago.
Perhaps it would have been the Jewish Nation itself to bring the Gospel to the Gentiles?
That was the plan, Nancy, sadly it didn't happen.
Acts 18:4-11
And he was reasoning in the synagogue every Sabbath and trying to persuade Jews and Greeks. But when Silas and Timothy came down from Macedonia, Paul began devoting himself completely to the word, solemnly testifying to the Jews that Jesus was the Christ. But when they resisted and blasphemed, he shook out his garments and said to them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am clean From now on I will go to the Gentiles

here is the something to think about.

Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

His own people.....

....but by his own are meant the whole body of the Jewish nation; so called, because they were chosen by the Lord above all people;

had distinguishing favours bestowed upon them, as the adoption, the covenants, the promises, the giving of the law, and the service of God; and had the Shekinah, and the symbol of the divine presence in a remarkable manner among them; and the promise of the Messiah was in a particular manner made to them; and indeed, he was to be born of them, so that they were his kindred, his people, and his own nation: and this his coming to them is to be understood not of his incarnation; though when he came in the flesh, as he came of them, so he came to them, particularly being sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, and was rejected by them as the Messiah; yet his incarnation is afterwards spoken of in Joh_1:14 as a new and distinct thing from this; and to understand it of some coming of his before his incarnation, best suits with the context, and the design of the evangelist.

Now Christ, the word, came to the Jews before his incarnation, not only in types, personal and real, and in promises and prophecies, and in the word and ordinances, but in person; as to Moses in the bush, and gave orders to deliver the children of Israel out of Egypt: he came and redeemed them himself with a mighty hand, and a outstretched arm; in his love and pity he led them through the Red Sea as on dry ground; and through the wilderness in a pillar of cloud by day, and a pillar of fire by night; and he appeared to them at Mount Sinai, who gave unto them the lively oracles of God:

This from Gill, many here dismiss him, but I have found golden nuggets everywhere.

• Love

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
AMEN
You have it so RIGHT!
Be careful though that you get what you wish for, because in Colossians 2 the whole context 12 to 19 HAS CHRIST CRUCIFIED -- yes Jesus Christ REPRESENTATIVE of all the Law of God, "crucified -- NAILED TO THE CROSS AND TAKEN OUT OF THE WAY". Make no mistake!
How many nomos/entole/law/s/mitzvot,/chukkot/ torot are mentioned in Romans?

The law of Moshe...
The law of faith...

Can you fill in the rest?

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was the plan, Nancy, sadly it didn't happen.
Acts 18:4-11
And he was reasoning in the synagogue every Sabbath and trying to persuade Jews and Greeks. But when Silas and Timothy came down from Macedonia, Paul began devoting himself completely to the word, solemnly testifying to the Jews that Jesus was the Christ. But when they resisted and blasphemed, he shook out his garments and said to them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am clean From now on I will go to the Gentiles

here is the something to think about.

Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

His own people.....

....but by his own are meant the whole body of the Jewish nation; so called, because they were chosen by the Lord above all people;

had distinguishing favours bestowed upon them, as the adoption, the covenants, the promises, the giving of the law, and the service of God; and had the Shekinah, and the symbol of the divine presence in a remarkable manner among them; and the promise of the Messiah was in a particular manner made to them; and indeed, he was to be born of them, so that they were his kindred, his people, and his own nation: and this his coming to them is to be understood not of his incarnation; though when he came in the flesh, as he came of them, so he came to them, particularly being sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, and was rejected by them as the Messiah; yet his incarnation is afterwards spoken of in Joh_1:14 as a new and distinct thing from this; and to understand it of some coming of his before his incarnation, best suits with the context, and the design of the evangelist.

Now Christ, the word, came to the Jews before his incarnation, not only in types, personal and real, and in promises and prophecies, and in the word and ordinances, but in person; as to Moses in the bush, and gave orders to deliver the children of Israel out of Egypt: he came and redeemed them himself with a mighty hand, and a outstretched arm; in his love and pity he led them through the Red Sea as on dry ground; and through the wilderness in a pillar of cloud by day, and a pillar of fire by night; and he appeared o to them at Mount Sinai, who gave unto them the lively oracles of God:

This from Gill, many here dismiss him, but I have found golden nuggets everywhere.
Oh I've come across many of Gill's commentary's and learned through them. Nobody has ALL the answers, except for Christ of course :)
Makes one wonder, if we ourselves, today, lived back then as a Jew, would we have also rejected Him? I hate to think I would but then, many of them probably thought they would do no such thing. But, they were blind hypocrites, made even blinder by Jesus parables.
Well praise be to God because He WILL once again open the thoroughfare for His chosen people. :)

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Oh I've come across many of Gill's commentary's and learned through them. Nobody has ALL the answers, except for Christ of course :)
Makes one wonder, if we ourselves, today, lived back then as a Jew, would we have also rejected Him? I hate to think I would but then, many of them probably thought they would do no such thing. But, they were blind hypocrites, made even blinder by Jesus parables.
Well praise be to God because He WILL once again open the thoroughfare for His chosen people. :)
Look through the OT Nancy

Who were the people that God used in the Bible?
Throughout the Bible we see God using imperfect people for the sake of his mission to bring hope to the world.
God's broken soldiers

Abraham -Was old.
Elijah – Was suicidal.
Joseph – Was abused.
Job – Went bankrupt.
Moses – Had a speech problem.
Gideon – Was afraid.
Samson – Was a womanizer.
Rahab – Was a prostitute.

....and many more

The famous warning of Jesus Christ about the tradition of men that voids Scripture (Mark 7:1-13), is in fact, a direct reference to the Talmud, or more specifically, the forerunner of the first part of it, the Mishnah, which existed in oral form during Christ’s lifetime, before being committed to writing. Mark chapter 7, from verse one through thirteen, represents Our Lord’s pointed condemnation of the Mishnah.

Unfortunately, due to the abysmal ignorance of our day, the widespread “Judeo-Christian” notion is that the Old Testament is the supreme book of Judaism. But this is not so. The Pharisees teach for doctrine the commandments of rabbis, not God.

Jewish scholar Hyam Maccoby, in Judaism on Trial, quotes Rabbi Yehiel ben Joseph: “Further, without the Talmud, we would not be able to understand passages in the Bible…God has handed this authority to the sages and tradition is a necessity as well as scripture. The Sages also made enactments of their own…anyone who does not study the Talmud cannot understand Scripture.”

Look at this verse...

Joh 6:44 No one is able to come to Me unless the Father Who sent Me attracts and draws him and gives him the desire to come to Me, and [then] I will raise him up [from the dead] at the last day.
AMP

Heb 10:38 But the just shall live by faith [My righteous servant shall live by his conviction respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, and holy fervor born of faith and conjoined with it]; and if he draws back and shrinks in fear, My soul has no delight or pleasure in him. [Hab_2:3-4]

Heb 10:39 But our way is not that of those who draw back to eternal misery (perdition) and are utterly destroyed, but we are of those who believe [who cleave to and trust in and rely on God through Jesus Christ, the Messiah] and by faith preserve the soul.

1Jn 2:20 But you have been anointed by [you hold a sacred appointment from, you have been given an unction from] the Holy One, and you all know [the Truth] or you know all things.
1Jn 2:21 I write to you not because you are ignorant and do not perceive and know the Truth, but because you do perceive and know it, and [know positively] that nothing false (no deception, no lie) is of the Truth.

1Jn 2:27 But as for you, the anointing (the sacred appointment, the unction) which you received from Him abides [permanently] in you; [so] then you have no need that anyone should instruct you. But just as His anointing teaches you concerning everything and is true and is no falsehood, so you must abide in (live in, never depart from) Him [being rooted in Him, knit to Him], just as [His anointing] has taught you [to do].

All verses quoted from the AMP

Many more I want to say, but I'm afraid my words may be misunderstood

Shalom, and enjoy the weekend, wonderful chatting with you.

Johann.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Look through the OT Nancy

Who were the people that God used in the Bible?
Throughout the Bible we see God using imperfect people for the sake of his mission to bring hope to the world.
God's broken soldiers

Abraham -Was old.
Elijah – Was suicidal.
Joseph – Was abused.
Job – Went bankrupt.
Moses – Had a speech problem.
Gideon – Was afraid.
Samson – Was a womanizer.
Rahab – Was a prostitute.

....and many more

The famous warning of Jesus Christ about the tradition of men that voids Scripture (Mark 7:1-13), is in fact, a direct reference to the Talmud, or more specifically, the forerunner of the first part of it, the Mishnah, which existed in oral form during Christ’s lifetime, before being committed to writing. Mark chapter 7, from verse one through thirteen, represents Our Lord’s pointed condemnation of the Mishnah.

Unfortunately, due to the abysmal ignorance of our day, the widespread “Judeo-Christian” notion is that the Old Testament is the supreme book of Judaism. But this is not so. The Pharisees teach for doctrine the commandments of rabbis, not God.

Jewish scholar Hyam Maccoby, in Judaism on Trial, quotes Rabbi Yehiel ben Joseph: “Further, without the Talmud, we would not be able to understand passages in the Bible…God has handed this authority to the sages and tradition is a necessity as well as scripture. The Sages also made enactments of their own…anyone who does not study the Talmud cannot understand Scripture.”

Look at this verse...

Joh 6:44 No one is able to come to Me unless the Father Who sent Me attracts and draws him and gives him the desire to come to Me, and [then] I will raise him up [from the dead] at the last day.
AMP

Heb 10:38 But the just shall live by faith [My righteous servant shall live by his conviction respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, and holy fervor born of faith and conjoined with it]; and if he draws back and shrinks in fear, My soul has no delight or pleasure in him. [Hab_2:3-4]

Heb 10:39 But our way is not that of those who draw back to eternal misery (perdition) and are utterly destroyed, but we are of those who believe [who cleave to and trust in and rely on God through Jesus Christ, the Messiah] and by faith preserve the soul.

1Jn 2:20 But you have been anointed by [you hold a sacred appointment from, you have been given an unction from] the Holy One, and you all know [the Truth] or you know all things.
1Jn 2:21 I write to you not because you are ignorant and do not perceive and know the Truth, but because you do perceive and know it, and [know positively] that nothing false (no deception, no lie) is of the Truth.

1Jn 2:27 But as for you, the anointing (the sacred appointment, the unction) which you received from Him abides [permanently] in you; [so] then you have no need that anyone should instruct you. But just as His anointing teaches you concerning everything and is true and is no falsehood, so you must abide in (live in, never depart from) Him [being rooted in Him, knit to Him], just as [His anointing] has taught you [to do].

All verses quoted from the AMP

Many more I want to say, but I'm afraid my words may be misunderstood

Shalom, and enjoy the weekend, wonderful chatting with you.

Johann.
And a double shalom on: Nobody knows all the answers. Excellent.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Do you use commentaries?

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proof there will be no women in heaven.

Revelation 8:1

King James Version

8 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

Yes, a joke to lighten up.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What will be the signal for your coming and the end of this world?” Continues to verse 31. In particular verse 20 to 31 where Jesus shows that he expects his follows to be keeping the Sabbath up to the time of the tribulation prior to Him coming in the clouds and the gathering of the elect by His concern that their flight from the tribulation that will be like no other not be in the winter nor on the Sabbath Day.
I'm afraid to say, in context, this refers to YisraEl, not us.

Reactions: The Learner

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
This is to important for those who profess Christ and such a eye opener not to share repeatedly.

Let's take a look at Matthew. From the KJV Chapter 24 speaks of the tribulation and also the Sabbath. In Matt 24:20-31 Jesus speaks of the Sabbath being kept BY HIS FOLLOWS (US) through the destruction of the Temple in 70AD up to His Second coming.

VERSES 20 THROUGH 31 TALK OF THIS. AND VERSE 20'S WARNING to pray THAT our FLIGHT DUE TO THE PERSECUTION NOT BE IN THE WINTER NOR OR THE SABBATH DAY IS CONNECTED TO THIS.

How do we know?

By His use of the words For, And, Then, For, Behold, Wherefore, For and and in verses 21- 31 where it states the Saints are gathered. All those words are connectives, they connect what is about to be said to what was previously said.

So Are the Apostles around today to experience the tribulation and see the second coming of our Lord?

Have the elect been gathered together?

No, so this warning to pray that our flight not be in the winter nor Sabbath Day IS FOR US ALSO or those who will be blessed to see that glorious day of His return when we the Saints are gathered together to be with the forever more AFTER the tribulation that is said to be like none before.

Matt 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
Matt 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Matt 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Matt 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Matt 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
Matt 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Matt 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Matt 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Matt 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other

We can never learn if we think we are learnt.
Your post is really off the rails. Jesus DID NOT predict the sabbath would be kept by Christians until His return.

IN FACTJesus never used the word Christian at all. JESUS IS A JEW.

(King of Jews in fact - NOT pope or bishop of a church or head of a church. Jesus is the one and only annointed Jewish King, priest and prophet of ISRAEL. This is what Messiah, ha-mashiach in Hebrew, means. Google it.)

The word Christian only appears in scripture three times; Acts 11:26, Acts 26:28 & 1 Peter 4:16.

Some scholars have suggested the disciples of Jesus never called themselves Christians at all. The moniker was attached to them by pagans. (Acts 11:26) They 'were called Christians' not 'they called themselves Christians'.

Today the sabbath (shabbat) IS NOT KEPT by the church - either the Roman church, the orthodox church or the protestant church. This is a fulfillment of a prophecy of Daniel 7:25 (He [anti-Christ] will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws.)

The "set time and law" for the sabbath (shabbat) is the last day of the week - Saturday, not Sunday.

"the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest" (Exodus 31:15)

The Vatican attempted to change GOD'S LAW from Saturday to Sunday as predicted by the prophet Daniel.

We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.” (Rev. Peter Geiermann C.SS.R., The Convert’s Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, p. 50).

Thus the post-modern church DOES NOT KEEP THE SABBATH, called Shabbat in Hebrew, AT ALL.

Sunday worship, called 'the Lord's Day' by the Vatican, is a violation of the 4th commandment.
The attempt to change God's LAW is blaspheme - a SIN.

God owns Saturday.
The NFL owns Sunday.

One can argue against keeping Shabbat on Saturday, but one cannot rewrite scripture. What God has ordained is true. It is NOT subject to change by any human. God is not interested in human opinion. It is our duty to trust and obey Him and His LAW.

Unfortunately the post-modern church has fallen into the same trap as its Jewish forbears. It has created its own Tradition and assumed that Tradition supersedes God's LAW. It doesn't.

Behold the work of the anti-Christ - ON SUNDAY.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.