Jesus' return

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recently decided to be happy that Jesus will return. I'm hoping he will heal me of my mental illness. I have had this mental illness since I became an adult.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recently decided to be happy that Jesus will return. I'm hoping he will heal me of my mental illness. I have had this mental illness since I became an adult.
When Jesus returns he will give us a new body. It will be like his resurrected body. It will never get sick nore will there be any pain. It will be an eternal body. It will be a spiritual and physical body that will never die. Like you, I am looking forward to it, the body that I have now is old and sick and is dying. I have stage four prostate cancer that is spreading all over my body. Don't have long to go.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus returns he will give us a new body. It will be like his resurrected body. It will never get sick nore will there be any pain. It will be an eternal body. It will be a spiritual and physical body that will never die. Like you, I am looking forward to it, the body that I have now is old and sick and is dying. I have stage four prostate cancer that is spreading all over my body. Don't have long to go.
Thank you for your testimony. Sorry to hear about your cancer. Will be praying for you now.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for the both of you! I'm so sorry @Robert Pate to hear this of you. God give the strength needed to your children to accept and rise above their situations, hold them in the palm of your comforting hands, in the Name of Jesus our savior, Amen.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water fasting 3 - 4 days.

Did a lot to improve my health and fitness.

Eating once or twice every 24 hours also seems to help.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wow you got me beat. The longest I've ever water fasted is 3 days and it was tuff. Had to do a medical procedure a while back and had to only drink broth for 3 days too. That was slightly easier.

Reactions: Space_Karen

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow you got me beat. The longest I've ever water fasted is 3 days and it was tuff. Had to do a medical procedure a while back and had to only drink broth for 3 days too. That was slightly easier.

COVID made it easy.

Lost sense of smell, taste and appetite.

Felt no hunger for 3 - 4 days.

Had to force myself to eat.

It would be great if someone could replicate the effect and turn it into a diet pill.

Although long COVID did show a danger. Senses of taste and smell (and hunger too I would guess) can be lost permanently if nerves and portions of the brain associated with those senses stay disabled long enough.

• Sad

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
COVID made it easy.

Lost sense of smell, taste and appetite.

Felt no hunger for 3 - 4 days.

Had to force myself to eat.

It would be great if someone could replicate the effect and turn it into a diet pill.

Although long COVID did show a danger. Senses of taste and smell (and hunger too I would guess) can be lost permanently if nerves and portions of the brain associated with those senses stay disabled long enough.
Hope you get back to feeling well. Will say some prayers for you.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Biblical fasting is to improve our spiritual lives through closeness to God.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is already here - inside us. We are supposed to pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17), according to Paul. I think Paul was correct.