Jesus the world's most famous resident.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord gives us some commandments to obey. I think Jeremiah 31:33 helps describe the process.

Yes sir, the new covenant is written in the hearts of Christs born again brothers. But really our commandments as Christians are recorded for us in the Bible Bob. I think you understand why sir, you see many here claiming to be born again, however they teach differently, and we both know there are not multiple sets of truth. That is why God's word is so much better, we find it in writing. Sure various versions alter it somewhat, but truth is still easily had particularly in this time period Dan 12:4

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, the new covenant is written in the hearts of Christs born again brothers. But really our commandments as Christians are recorded for us in the Bible Bob. I think you understand why sir, you see many here claiming to be born again, however they teach differently, and we both know there are not multiple sets of truth. That is why God's word is so much better, we find it in writing. Sure various versions alter it somewhat, but truth is still easily had particularly in this time period Dan 12:4
God's commandments were delivered for our benefit, I believe - they keep us out of trouble. It bothers me when people want to disown them.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's commandments were delivered for our benefit, I believe - they keep us out of trouble. It bothers me when people want to disown them.

It truly amazes me as well Bob. satan is very good at what he does. I will give you an example, I met a girl sometime back and have became early friends, she spoke of her church a few times during our conversations. I asked her why she went to church, and she replied to worship God. Believe it or not many do not tell me that, but I commended her and told her that is the best and main reason to attend. I asked her if she liked to talk about God, and if she believed the Bible was God's inspired word, and she said yes on both counts. I asked her what God's name was, and she replied He has many names, but she did not have time to talk about it at that time.

I texted her and told her that most Bibles reveal God's name at Ps 83:18 and if she had ever heard the name Jehovah before. She said she had and again emphasized that God had many names and put Isa 9:6. I told her that verse was a prophecy about Jesus, not God and those are titles that he would be called not his name which is Jesus. She texted she was happy in her religion and that was the last text she sent. I saw her last night and spoke to her, and she didn't say a word. At least she saw the distinction, and how she really didn't go to church to worship God, nor did she like to talk about Him, it is about her church. I find many people are like that. Even among us some idolize brothers and place their words above God.