John 3:3 and John 3:5 are not the same.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus had to be born again??
I wouldn't say had to, as God forces no one to serve Him, but he was the first of the firstfruits, and he accepted the position as we see what he did after that. Most of the writings of the gospels focus on what he did after his anointing Grateful.

We know from the Bible that some of the born again will fall away, but no doubt that number would be quite small. Jehovah knows their hearts prior to their selection.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are entirely wrong. There are and have been many "born again" Christians that have not been baptized in water.

Do you really think that every single Christian has been baptized in water? I know several myself who have never undergone the symbolic ritual statement.
Correct, baptism is a sign of a good conscience. Many will be perfected who were not baptised....God knows!

Reactions: David in NJ

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't say had to, as God forces no one to serve Him, but he was the first of the firstfruits, and he accepted the position as we see what he did after that. Most of the writings of the gospels focus on what he did after his anointing Grateful.

We know from the Bible that some of the born again will fall away, but no doubt that number would be quite small. Jehovah knows their hearts prior to their selection.
This is confusing. What sin did Jesus commit that he died, and hence needed to be born again?

Reactions: David in NJ

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to be rude but it is my observation that we all need to restudy the true biblical meaning of baptism.
In Romans chapter 6 Paul clearly explains what God is doing in The act of Baptism in Jesus Christ Paul tells you beyond
why God tells on to be baptized what God does in Baptism in Christ name.

Please go back and follow what God says about baptism and its importance cause it does have a role in salvation it is not just a symbolic act but a reality of God's work on the sinner. It is clearly spelled out to those that have ears to hear.