John Chapter 6 - literally

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;23406)
Then you would know that Yahshua was not speaking literally at all then.Jag
I believe that Jesus is speaking literally, in a metaphysical sense. That means that we have a way, through transubstantiation, to eat His Flesh and drink His blood, to literally do this. It sounds to me like you think when we say "literally", we literally swallow a 170 lb. Jewish man!! Is this what you think we mean SuperJag?

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
goldy,If the verses are on the topic, then it is not out of context. I am not surprised by your post as you ignore that Peacebewithyou was ignoring what unworthy manner Paul was writing about. Paul had to be specific otherwise, nobody would know what unworthy manner he was talking about and that was they were doing communion just to eat and drink.. and not doing it in remembrance of Him. But you guys can continue to ignore that in favor of your tradition because that is the only way you can continue to serve your tradition.Jesus explained Himself. You guys are looking to a bread and wine as being Him. I cannot see how you cannot say that catholicism is NOT preaching another Jesus by calling that Jesus.And what about this continual sacrifice at Calvary? That is like saying that one time sacrifice for sin wasn't enough. That Mass is voiding faith in Him as being able. That is a dead work denying Him as Saviour."In this divine sacrifice which is celebrated in the Mass, the same Christ who offered himself once in a bloody manner on the altar of the cross is contained and is offered in an unbloody manner." Pg. 344, #1367"When the Church celebrates the Eucharist, she commemorates Christ's Passover, and it is made present. As often as the sacrifice of the Cross by which Christ our Pasch has been sacrificed is celebrated on the altar, the work of our redemption is carried out." Pg. 343, #1364 "The sacrifice of Christ and the sacrifice of the Eucharist are one single sacrifice." Pg. 344 # 1367 "Every time this mystery is celebrated, 'the work of our redemption is carried on' ..." Pg. 354, #1405 Don't bother denying that the Eucharist is not a sacrifice being offered cause the catechism says so... as in even in relations to the dead."The Eucharistic sacrifice is also offered for the faithful departed who 'have died in Christ but are not yet wholly purified, so that they may be able to enter into the light and peace of Christ.'" Pg. 345, #1371"In the Eucharist, the Church expresses her efficacious communion with the departed..." Pg. 420 #1689 I can't help but think of these verses.1 Corinthians 10: 14Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. 15I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say. 16The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread. 18Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? 19What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? 20But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. 22Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he? 23All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.The Mass edifies not in the faith of Jesus Christ, but it certainly has power over the catholics, does it not?