John said: AFTER THIS I SAW A GREAT CROWD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Telling about the visions of the future that Jesus revealed to John, he says:

Rev. 7:9 After this I saw, and look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. 10 And they keep shouting with a loud voice, saying: “Salvation we owe to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.”

11 All the angels were standing around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell facedown before the throne and worshipped God, 12 saying: “Amen! Let the praise and the glory and the wisdom and the thanksgiving and the honor and the power and the strength be to our God forever and ever. Amen.”

13 In response one of the elders said to me: “These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where did they come from?14 So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one who knows.” And he said to me: “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 That is why they are before the throne of God, and they are rendering him sacred service day and night in his temple; and the One seated on the throne will spread his tent over them. 16 They will hunger no more nor thirst anymore, neither will the sun beat down on them nor any scorching heat, 17 because the Lamb, who is in the midst of the throne, will shepherd them and will guide them to springs of waters of life. And God will wipe out every tear from their eyes.”

An idea where to start on this topic: it is said that "no man was able to number" that great crowd (v.9), and that is why John says that AFTER having seen the specific number of those sealed, he has a second, different vision about an uncountable crowd of people.

So, as the angel asked John and later answer the question: Who are the ones that make up that great crowd and where did they come from?

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Telling about the visions of the future that Jesus revealed to John, he says:

Rev. 7:9 After this I saw, and look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. 10 And they keep shouting with a loud voice, saying: “Salvation we owe to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.”

11 All the angels were standing around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell facedown before the throne and worshipped God, 12 saying: “Amen! Let the praise and the glory and the wisdom and the thanksgiving and the honor and the power and the strength be to our God forever and ever. Amen.”

13 In response one of the elders said to me: “These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where did they come from?14 So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one who knows.” And he said to me: “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 That is why they are before the throne of God, and they are rendering him sacred service day and night in his temple; and the One seated on the throne will spread his tent over them. 16 They will hunger no more nor thirst anymore, neither will the sun beat down on them nor any scorching heat, 17 because the Lamb, who is in the midst of the throne, will shepherd them and will guide them to springs of waters of life. And God will wipe out every tear from their eyes.”

An idea where to start on this topic: it is said that "no man was able to number" that great crowd (v.9), and that is why John says that AFTER having seen the specific number of those sealed, he has a second, different vision about an uncountable crowd of people.

So, as the angel asked John and later answer the question: Who are the ones that make up that great crowd and where did they come from?
Is there a problem here? Tribulation and martyrs go together, so great tribulation and martyrs beyond number speaks for itself.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many misapply the timing that "great multitude" is shown John. Those verses are of the timing AFTER Christ having returned, and they are in the Millennium.

That "great multitude" of Rev.7:9 represents the Gentiles that suffer through "great tribulation", both in the past, and for the end of this world. It's about these...

Rev 20:4
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
KJV

That's the saved in Jesus Christ, the "first resurrection".

Notice that in that group are those who had "not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands;".

Regarding who goes through the "great tribulation" for the end that Jesus warned us about, how does that apply to man's pre-tribulational rapture doctrine?