Johnny Cash

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he fell into a burning ring of fire, didn't he?

Or was it sitting there in the Folsom prison listening to that old train heading down to San Antone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Ts4M3irWM

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
What do you want to talk about in regards to Cash?

He comes across as a person who loved Christ.
I was just thinking what songs he wrote or songs were inspiration.
I think we can reach out to people in songs and some times a song does not gel with some Christians, but it can even do a good job with delivering something to them that are not in Christ even if they don't pick it up for years.
I did not even know what the burning ring of fire was really about years ago. but i just liked the song.
Sunday morning coming down.
Ghost riders in the sky.
Man in black.

I like to know of people that have an inspiration with the lord.

Neil Diamond is a good Christian to and fine songs.

If anyone just would like to talk about a song of theirs ? what it does for you ect.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hurt
I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that’s real
The needle tears a hole
The old familiar sting
Try to kill it all away
But I remember everything

[Chorus:]
What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know goes away
In the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt

I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar’s chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
You are someone else
I am still right here

[Chorus:]
What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know goes away
In the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt

If I could start again
A million miles away
I would keep myself
I would find a way

By Johnny Cash

One of the most powerful songs I have ever heard him sing...I cried when I first heard it...
sad-smiley-17025.gif
I think that he is a truly awesome Christian Country artist and musician.

Reactions: Comm.Arnold

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
[font="arial][size="2"][font="Arial][size="2"][font="Verdana][size="2"]
I listened to "Hurt" the other day but guess I didn't get it all.
[font="arial][size="2"][font="Arial][size="2"][font="Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"][font="Arial][size="2"][font="Verdana][size="2"]Here's one of my favorites.[/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"][font="Arial][size="2"][font="Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"][font="Arial][size="2"][font="Verdana][size="2"][font="arial][size="2"][font="Arial][size="2"][font="Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][/size][/font]When you're weary, feelin' small
When tears are in your eyes, I will dry them all
I'm on your side, oh, when times get rough, and friends just can't be found

Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down

When you're down and out, when you're on the street
When evening falls so hard, I will comfort you
I'll take your part, oh when darkness comes, and pain is all around

Like a bridge over troubled water, I will ease your mind
Like a bridge over troubled water, I will ease your mind[/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"][font="Arial][size="2"][font="Verdana][size="2"]Bridge over trouble water by Paul Simon[/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font]

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
"Hurt" was actually written by Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails. He wasn't famiar with Johnny Cash (never thought that was possible). Trent was angry that a country singer was going to do a remake of his song. This song was actually an anthem for teenaged angst in the early 90's. After Trent heard the song he said, Johnny Cash did it better than he could ever do and gave new meaning to it.

I'm a huge fan of Johnny Cash. I love how he could take the simplest form of music and make it work. I also love how he had a reverence for God, and I believe more so in his later years. Although I wonder if he sang gospel just because he liked it or because he wanted to worship. Although Cash got into it with the producers of that TV show he had years ago. Cash wanted to have a gospel show.

Cash's last biography mentioned his faith, that makes me feel good. I never got to see him play live, but, maybe I'll see it in heaven.

LOL, and now that thinking of this, I think the best 2 songs by Johnny Cash were 1 piece at a time and Boy Named Sue. Well, If I had to pick a favorite one of these, but like most of them equally.

imin

Aug 13, 2011
his last few albums were very scripture

he is a great example of a person who was addicted and overcame with the grace of God

also just like David, he met the love of his life After being in a failed marriage

does anyone else listen to the 1980-ish bob dylan gospel songs?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I used to "sort of" like Johnny Cash in my younger years. In Later years I became a christian and heard that Johnny was too. At that point I started to like his music more. Now I find that the closer I listen to the meaning behind his songs , the more and more I like Johnny cash and the more I admire him.

Johnny Cash was a rough and tumble Christian with a good heart and easily related to the rest of us "imperfect" Christians plus the secular world as well.

(In my own words) it is like he was bringing a subliminal Christian message to everybody through his Music. Hope that makes sense. I continue to appreciate him more and more , and some of his songs still have an impact.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Johnny Cash was quite a rebel back in his early days. Kind of like Waylon Jennings. His music style kind took on elements of early rock (rockabilly), which had offshoots from the Blues. So... lot of older country music folks didn't like what he was doing early on.

His wife June Carter was of the Mabelle Carter family. Mabelle was famous for a guitar flatpick style on songs like Wildwood Flower.

Somewhere during his turbulent days, he calmed down, got serious with our Lord Jesus.

I was told that an ex-Vietnam veteran chopper pilot landed on Johnny Cash's house lawn one day, without permission, trying to get him to listen to songs he wrote. That chopper pilot turned out to be Kris Kristopherson who wrote the Sunday Morning Sidewalks song (not sure if I got the song name right).