Joined unto spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes our gospel so different from Old Testament law preaching. Old Testament had at it's center those that pleased God by what they did. That is known as soul salvation. In the New Testament salvation is in spirit. There was no spirit salvation in the Old Testament. Their relationship with God was all based on soul. There was never any spirit salvation in the Old Testament because to have spirit salvation you had to kill out the old man (cross/spirit) and then you recieved a new "joined unto spirit."

"He that is joined to the Lord is one spirit"

The Old Testament saints had to do what the law said to do in order to have a relationship with God. There was no born again believers, no cross, never a death, never a resurrection, or seating at the right hand of the Father. To understand the New Testament you will have to have the New Testament gospel to go along with the New Testament born again.

So what does the gospel do? The gospel is the information you need now. You have to have the knowledge of what is going on in the earth with all humanity, believers included and how they will live and operate. It tells you how to live, what is meant by that?
It tells you that another is in you now and that life is the life you live by. You have two expressions if you will, coming out of one body and soul.

Christ in you (your creation/soul) being expressed as you. It is his life Paul said, Galatians 2:20, coming out of you as you are (your creation). That is the best news anyone can hear because they can learn life and go on and live by the life of another or express life (Christ in you). You spend less time at the doctor, less time at the psychiatrist, less time trying to pin point some odd doctrine, and you can go on and live as the scriptures portray "the peace that passes all understanding."

Why is that? Because Christ is all the things we look for in Christianity! He is peace, he is joy, he is self control, he is love, he is life, he is health and provision. He is all of these things and more "in the believer."

17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. - 1 Corinthians 6:17.

Last edited:

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Old Testament saints had to do what the law said to do in order to have a relationship with God.

Hmmm . . . Are you sure? It seems pretty clear to me that I am supposed to have the same Faith that Abraham had . . . and in fact, I do.

Romans 4:11 NLT - "Circumcision was a sign that Abraham already had faith and that God had already accepted him and declared him to be righteous--even before he was circumcised. So Abraham is the spiritual father of those who have faith but have not been circumcised. They are counted as righteous because of their faith."
Romans 4:12 NLT - "And Abraham is also the spiritual father of those who have been circumcised, but only if they have the same kind of faith Abraham had before he was circumcised."
Galatians 3:9 NLT - "So all who put their faith in Christ share the same blessing Abraham received because of his faith."

The Doctrine of Circumcision is the Core of the entire Bible. I wish that our preachers and teachers of today would tell their flocks the Truth. :(

Reactions: soul man

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hmmm . . . Are you sure? It seems pretty clear to me that I am supposed to have the same Faith that Abraham had . . . and in fact, I do.

Romans 4:11 NLT - "Circumcision was a sign that Abraham already had faith and that God had already accepted him and declared him to be righteous--even before he was circumcised. So Abraham is the spiritual father of those who have faith but have not been circumcised. They are counted as righteous because of their faith."
Romans 4:12 NLT - "And Abraham is also the spiritual father of those who have been circumcised, but only if they have the same kind of faith Abraham had before he was circumcised."
Galatians 3:9 NLT - "So all who put their faith in Christ share the same blessing Abraham received because of his faith."

The Doctrine of Circumcision is the Core of the entire Bible. I wish that our preachers and teachers of today would tell their flocks the Truth. :(
"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature." (Galatians 6.15)

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature." (Galatians 6.15)

Exactly, physical circumcision meant nothing. Spiritual Circumcision, the Holy Operation of God, however, is what creates the New Creation. How awesome is our Holy Christ?!

Colossians 2:11-12 KJV - "In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead."

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Exactly, physical circumcision meant nothing. Spiritual Circumcision, the Holy Operation of God, however, is what creates the New Creation. How awesome is our Holy Christ?!

Colossians 2:11-12 KJV - "In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead."
@2nd Timothy Group Kind of synonymous with repentance, really...

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@2nd Timothy Group Kind of synonymous with repentance, really...

Absolutely! Good call. :) Holy Repentance is impossible without a Circumcised Heart . . . or, a Heart that has been lifted of the Curse of Adam and Eve, or, a Heart that has been Cleansed from the Sinful Nature. These concepts all point to the same thing (in fact, the Bible is rather repetitive once the Core Message is realized and understood).

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely! Good call. :) Holy Repentance is impossible without a Circumcised Heart . . . or, a Heart that has been lifted of the Curse of Adam and Eve, or, a Heart that has been Cleansed from the Sinful Nature. These concepts all point to the same thing (in fact, the Bible is rather repetitive once the Core Message is realized and understood).

Born again!

Reactions: farouk

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born again!

That's what I see when I scour the Bible for Truth. As I have scoured and highlighted my Bible, looking for the most unbelievable Truth's that I could find, I discovered that there is nothing more important, throughout the entire Book, than Colossians 2:9-15. These seven verses are the very Core of God's Holy Word. After I discovered this passage set, and then re-read the entire Bible, God's Holy word, for the very first time, began to make sense (from Genesis to Revelation).

Below Colossians 2:9-15 (think of a Triangle) are Ephesians 2:10-18 and then Ephesians 3:1-13. This is what I call the Triangle of Truth. If we look at this entire passage set, and we then process all of God's Word through them, it is unbelievable how His Word takes on an entirely new purpose and meaning.

Triangle of Truth.png

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@2nd Timothy Group Some Bible editions even have wide margins to facilitate personal notes and markings...

Yep, but scouring the Bible Word by Word is far greater. At the time of this photo, I hadn't gone back through it quite yet for the next reading. I wound up highlighting the entire Bible in my next "pass" through it. It changed my entire life.

Attachments

• Bible.jpg
    Bible.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 0

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yep, but scouring the Bible Word by Word is far greater. At the time of this photo, I hadn't gone back through it quite yet for the next reading. I wound up highlighting the entire Bible in my next "pass" through it. It changed my entire life.
@2nd Timothy Group Seems like - markings or not - have acquired by God's grace a healthy Bible reading and study habit!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yea sometimes but not like I once did. Probably the main reason is because of the online Bible's we have access to very handy especially when writing you can copy and paste.
@soul man Some ppl would also say that if they mark it up, they might end up looking at their markings first rather than at the actual verses. Every believer has his or her own preference, I guess...

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man Some ppl would also say that if they mark it up, they might end up looking at their markings first rather than at the actual verses. Every believer has his or her own preference, I guess...

Yea and you know I don't think I have ever gone back to a highlight and got any revelation lol just saying. But it's fun to do when someone is bringing out scriptures you are interested in.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yea and you know I don't think I have ever gone back to a highlight and got any revelation lol just saying. But it's fun to do when someone is bringing out scriptures you are interested in.
@soul man Some Bible editions even have different colours for various verses and sections, according to themes. It might of course be a bit interpretative.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to read and then I would write in a note book, why I don't know I just liked to do it. I have quite a few note books full, I don't even like to look at what I wrote. But everyone starts somewhere in their understanding and learn from there.

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@2nd Timothy Group Seems like - markings or not - have acquired by God's grace a healthy Bible reading and study habit!

When we highlight the Bible as per the photo above, we're forced to understand each thought that God offers. In order to highlight in this way, we've got to be present. I have struggled my entire life with an inability to focus, with my mind fluttering all over the place. This means that while I could read the Bible, my "Record" button wasn't "on" and I couldn't remember anything that I had actually read. I read the Words, but none of it would stick in my brain.

And I mean I highlighted the ENTIRE bible . . . even Leviticus; ALL of the Law which covers three OT books. In doing so, I recognized how difficult it must have been for the Blessed Jews to live according to those ridiculous laws. For us to read of the Law is difficult, and most don't want to read it and try to understand it . . . but I say that we MUST read it and share in their sufferings.

I should add that as I highlighted with the Triangle of Truth in mind, processing the entire bible through that set of three passages . . . the Whole Bible finally began to make sense. I discovered that there is a Core theme . . . the Heart of the Bible (no pun intended).

Attachments

• Triangle of Truth.png
    Triangle of Truth.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 0