Judging Vx Not Judging

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ronniechoate34

Mar 9, 2010
I believe it is usually something akin to what is known commonly as the "finer points" of theology.

IOW something other than the basics that we are absolutely confident of. Things that are plainly expressed in scripture.

During the time that Jesus was on his tour the Jews had many higher theologies that they debated. It was very common to hear these debates at any bethmidrash or any given Saturday in the synagogues.

Some of them were even addressed by Jesus if a person was to study the anthropology of that day and time.
(Calvinism vx Arminianism comes to mind)

And I don't recall a single episode of Jesus ever speaking highly of any of these theologies...in fact I do know that He regularly despised them, made fun of them, and argued against them. Which is why I wonder why people today still take up the very same lines of debate to this day. Jesus said, "no" but...

What do you say JohnDB? In your opinion should we judge or not? That's what this thread is about, right?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you say JohnDB? In your opinion should we judge or not? That's what this thread is about, right?

I think that this lady Jezebel had a line of higher theology a mile long...

and those who bought into it were duped...

and because of this...they were to be kicked out of Christiandom...by God's command.

And I think that this is a great warning against such reasonings of mankind...that when we hear someone go on in such a fashion...well...we need to just walk away.

ronniechoate34

Mar 9, 2010
I think that this lady Jezebel had a line of higher theology a mile long...

and those who bought into it were duped...

and because of this...they were to be kicked out of Christiandom...by God's command.

And I think that this is a great warning against such reasonings of mankind...that when we hear someone go on in such a fashion...well...we need to just walk away.

So then you are saying that we should judge?

ronniechoate34

Mar 9, 2010
Okay, JohnDB, I am trying to get you to simply spit this answer out at me without you having you use so many words.

Let's see if I can get a straight yes or no so that I can understand your position better.

JohnDB, do you believe that we should judge or not?