Just Where Is The True Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sunday 8-20-23 1st. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Elul 3 5783, 61st. Summer Day

How would you recognize the True Church of GOD today? How would you identify it? Many churches claim to be the on and only "True Church" including the World Church of God. Is the Church of God an organized human organization or "church"? Or is it a spiritual organism? How would you know if you came across it?

Jesus Christ said to His disciples, "I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" (Matt.16:18).

The Greek word for "church" in this verse is ekklesia and means literally, a calling out. It means a popular "meeting, " or especially a religious "congregation, " or "assembly."

Today, In the world, there are over 800 different churches, denominations, or sects which profess to be "Christians." Yet they are for the most part strikingly different from each other and have major differences in doctrine, belief, and faith. How can you really tell which one or ones truly represent Christ, today, and which are imitations, counterfeits, false Churches?

Jesus Christ Himself warned, that in these "last days" before His second coming, there would be many false churches, false prophets. He declared, "Take heed that NO MAN DECEIVE YOU. For many shall come IN MY NAME", -- that is, professing to be His servants, carrying His name, calling themselves "Christian' --" saying, I am Christ; and shall DECEIVE MANY" {Matt. 24:4-5}.

The apostle Paul warned the Corinthian Church in his day, "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the SIMPLICITY that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, ye might well bear with him' (II Cor. 11:3-4}.

Paul continued, 'For such are FALSE APOSTLES, deceitful workers, transforming THEMSELVES into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works" {II Cor. 11:13-15}.

To be continued.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited: