Keeping it Real

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hebrews 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Sincerity, trust, humility, and a desire for a better way.

A true heart…sincerity…honesty…keeping it real.

Don’t waste yours and God’s time if you are not serious. Speaking words that sound right, that sound ‘religious’ and ‘spiritual’ is not prayer. It is not true communication. God desires your company. Your fellowship, your friendship. This means He wants you as you are. Not as you think you should be, but he wants the real you, warts and all. Being honest is the first step to healing, restoration, change. We may be wrecks…our lives in utter disarray….depressed, addicted, sick, potentially a ruin, but God’s promise is that if we come just as we are, He will not leave us as we are. So we bare all, leave nothing hidden, nothing behind, we give our all.

Full assurance of faith…trust…belief.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Even some well meaning Christians have got things totally wrong when it comes to God’s character. They think Him austere and stern. That we need to impress Him with our ‘goodness’ and religiosity before we can expect Him to listen to us. So many are afraid to draw close to God because they don’t ‘feel’ worthy. So they choose to go through a mediator. A favorite ‘saint’ or an earthly priest. Or they ask someone else to pray for them, not believing that they will be heard but because of someone else’s ‘holiness’ then their prayers may be answered. Listen to God’s word, and let the following speak to you.

Romans 8:31 ¶ What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.

If your Creator is on your side; if the ruler of the entire universe …the heavens, the earth, the sea and everything that is in them…would rather die and risk eternity Himself than live in eternity without you…what is there to fear in approaching Him? If God has given His own Son for you, would He not even more so give all things that would be good for you? It is God Himself who died in your place and paid in full the price of your redemption. You have already been justified.

Romans 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Jesus is the only Mediator anyone needs. You can trust Him with your life…you can trust Him with the truth regarding your pain, your sorrow, your hopes, your dreams, your doubts, your fears.

Hebrews 10:22...having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience…guiltless…declared innocent…declared righteous.

The blood of Jesus was all sufficient to pay the price of your redemption. No further payment required. Paid in full. Salvation is a free gift.The door to the heavenly sanctuary is open, our way to the throne of God is free and clear, and the welcome mat is laid out.

Hebrews 10:22 cont...and our bodies washed with pure water…cleansed by the power of God’s promises in His word.
The Bible is God’s word…it is through God’s promises that we find hope. Read it and trust it…God cannot lie.

The only thing that stands between us and God is our attitude. Our unbelief, our fears, and our reluctance to give up those habits and addictions which so easily beset us. But God is fully able to overcome all…His love is unbounded and personal for you. Cleave to it and stay real.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm obsessed with it Bra...Backlit. I'm obsessed with being, or staying in the same spirit of Christ, in openness, honesty (sincerity) and love. It's starts with Christ's spirit then to my own, within me, and then emanated to my loved ones, my spouse, etc. That is the home of the heart I wish to be in, and remain in. It can be contagious.

Great topic that is a reminder that our spirit, in union with Christ, is now made to be real, all the time.

Reactions: Brakelite