Kenosis 3

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. - 2 Corinthians 5:17.

What is the act of being spontaneous? Living in conjunction with who you are. Simply put - being who you are. That brings in a good point on living who you are!

Now, go back to when you were in sin. I believe most people want to do right even as sinners. You hear people say "I'm a good person" and so on..so the desire is there. You have the criminal aspect of life, but let's just look at everyday say nomal people (finger quotes). When we were in sin we did not have to work up who we were..it was just there and it was spontaneous. Because sin was the life behind our living..so the natural thing to do was live by that life. Even if we didn't know what made that sin come so easy, it still came spontaneous.

The point I'm trying to get to is; That is the same way to live in Christ, only you live by the new nature spontaneous. There will be a learning process Paul said..and it will be very important to learn in the process who the life is this time. I say this time - because our previous life, we did not know who the life was, and will still lived out (acted out), the life that was in us. Death life it is called in scripture!

The old life that was in us does not die easy. Actually it is the old mind now because the old man is dead, but the old mind is alive and well and acts out just as it did with the old man.

Follow that; it is not your old nature that you do what you do when you sin now - it comes from the old mind. Remember when we talked about dividing soul and spirit - this is a major dividing point of soul and spirit..to see what is complete and what is being completed. Absolute mental note should be made on dividing at this point!

The difference for believers is we can know who it is in me that is the life-nature-spirit-Christ-seed. In sin, we did not know another had us captive to sin-death-life-spirit-seed-nature. Basically with no escaping the grip to rule over humanity by nature.

Sin does not come from our spirit now as it did - it comes from the soul/mind. For believers to call themselves sinners is to not understand scriptural language. Believers sin but they are not sinners. Sinners have a sin nature - believers have the new Christ in you nature! Surely we can see how important mind change is; kenosis!

Take this note: in spirit!
-- The cross is the place God exchanged humanity - crucified the Admamic nature (sin nature). All in Adam dead - crucified in Christ! now we must believe that finished work.

-- Learning that fact: in soul/mind!
is the place of change. We are changed by the renewing of the mind - kenosis. The soul/mind starts to catch up with what happened at the cross and the moment you believed! What happened on Calvary is a finished..complete product of the father.

10 always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus’ sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. - 2 Corinthians 4:10-11.