KJV 1611 Version

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
Arnie Manitoba said:
Since 1984 the NIV has always been my "go to bible" (I have 14 different bibles)

I find the NIV the most accurate for conveying what the scriptures actually mean
The 1984 NIV is a good Bible that well-balanced readability with accuracy. But, the 1984 NIV is gone. Any NIV you buy today is a 2011 revision with numerous changes for the worse. It's mostly the TNIV that the market rejected, renamed to the NIV and further politically corrected.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
there a old joke amoung Lutherans if the kjv was good enough for Luther its good enough for us to..

even though most lutherans no longer use that translation we still have huge respect for that translation ..because many of our parents or grand parents were taught about Jesus using
that version.

now days however since the english language has changed so much..

it would be rather shocking to hear from a confessional lutheran pulpit these words come out of our pastor ..

James 2:3
And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:

he would have a lot of explaining to do--- :eek:

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
horsecamp said:
there a old joke amoung Lutherans if the kjv was good enough for Luther its good enough for us to..

even though most lutherans no longer use that translation we still have huge respect for that translation ..because many of our parents or grand parents were taught about Jesus using
that version.

now days however since the english language has changed so much..

it would be rather shocking to hear from a confessional lutheran pulpit these words come out of our pastor ..

James 2:3
And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:

he would have a lot of explaining to do--- :eek:
ugly-man-laugh-smiley-emoticon.gif

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
Biblical literacy is so low that it seems some churches must be using the Harry Potter books for Bibles. And, we're fighting over the KJV?

religious-knowledge-07.png

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
I know PEOPLE ARE not using a FAITHFUL translation; when Genesis starts out with
------ once upon a time. :D

whitestone said:
This topic is like being concerned with a paper cut when the house is burning down around you. Same with Calvinism. Worthless

i beg to differ Neither calvanism or Arminism is worthless .. as they both do all the work of compiling the bible vereses for our lutheran side of the issue :D IF IT WASNT FOR THEM WE WOULD HAVE TO DO IT FOR OUR SELVES------------------lol