Knoll Unmult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my E=mc2 video I had done an explosion in Flash that did not turn out well in Premiere. My mask in Flash worked in the Internet browser, but not in Premiere. On searching the internet I found that I needed to install a Knoll Unmult plug-in... Anyone have any luck with this?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found my answer... Now to make all this work in Premiere...

Well, blending modes don't create transparency, therefore the behavior is correct - since technically, the comp background is ignored for blending operations, in areas where there is no content below for blending, only the layer's black color is used. You need to create proper genuine transparency by unmultiplying based on luminance, which can be done with the Knoll Unmult plug-in from Red Giant Software (free) or AE's own Shift Channel effect, followed bey a Remove Color Matting effect.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found my answer... Now to make all this work in Premiere...

Well, blending modes don't create transparency, therefore the behavior is correct - since technically, the comp background is ignored for blending operations, in areas where there is no content below for blending, only the layer's black color is used. You need to create proper genuine transparency by unmultiplying based on luminance, which can be done with the Knoll Unmult plug-in from Red Giant Software (free) or AE's own Shift Channel effect, followed bey a Remove Color Matting effect.

I could compile my flash code into Quicktime movie with an Alpha channel and everything worked fine... If my I may blaspheme my own name... My Rocky! Adobe is tough! If you want the easy way to make movies stick with Microsoft's Movie Maker!