Knowing Christ In You

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 1:15-16,

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

The whole of scripture was given for one main purpose. That purpose was for you to know Jesus in you. That's it, sorry to let you down and all your search for what it is your trying to understand but that's it folks. Nothing more nothing less, quite the simple task right, or is it.

The Lord never intended for people to live the way they live today. He has intended from the beginning that we live by the peace that passes understanding, the rest for your soul, happiness, joy, love, contentment, so on. Not striving along to make this life work out, or just hanging on waiting for his return and escape this cruel old world. That was never intended for believers. I have a word to share with you about those that have grown up in faith and understanding. I have been very fortunate to have been around a few who knew what they were talking about, they had lived it.

They were the missionaries of the world, they printed materials to go around the world, they traveled the world, handed out Bible's in prison's when you could just walk in as a minister. Some road horse's and train's, whatever transportation they could find. They may have started with a tent or bush arbor to preach under and hold meetings. I'm saying that because that was their background, but many grew in understanding and moved on into the deep things of God. Let me say a word about someone that knows something; you will usally have to cross paths with them because you will not hear about them. Most of the father's of the faith are quite not boastful. You will not recognize them because they do not want to be recognized.

We just lost the greatest teacher of our generation, at 93 years old he was still teaching the deep things of God. Unless you were hungry for God you would not set in a meeting with him because it was obscure, off the beaten path so to say. He met in homes, horse Barnes, churches, any place you made room for him and had a hungry heart he came to teach. He sat under Norman Grubb, taught in colleges, and had a bible institute until his ministry changed to meet with the hungry. I met him 30 years ago at the lowest point in ministry I could be in, I knew from the very first moment he opened his mouth and began to speak I was in the presence of a father for the first time. A father has nothing to do with age, it has to do with the understanding of a believer.

I must have felt like Timothy with Paul in a way, a feeling I'll never forget. I melted like wax, my heavenly father had not forgot about me I was ready to quit. I felt ashamed and elated at the same time. Ashamed because I could see for the first time I really didn't know much, and elated I knew that was going to change as my Heavenly Father began to reveal Christ to me as my life. RIP my dear friend.

Reactions: mjrhealth and Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 1:15-16,

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

The whole of scripture was given for one main purpose. That purpose was for you to know Jesus in you. That's it, sorry to let you down and all your search for what it is your trying to understand but that's it folks. Nothing more nothing less, quite the simple task right, or is it.

The Lord never intended for people to live the way they live today. He has intended from the beginning that we live by the peace that passes understanding, the rest for your soul, happiness, joy, love, contentment, so on. Not striving along to make this life work out, or just hanging on waiting for his return and escape this cruel old world. That was never intended for believers. I have a word to share with you about those that have grown up in faith and understanding. I have been very fortunate to have been around a few who knew what they were talking about, they had lived it.

They were the missionaries of the world, they printed materials to go around the world, they traveled the world, handed out Bible's in prison's when you could just walk in as a minister. Some road horse's and train's, whatever transportation they could find. They may have started with a tent or bush arbor to preach under and hold meetings. I'm saying that because that was their background, but many grew in understanding and moved on into the deep things of God. Let me say a word about someone that knows something; you will usally have to cross paths with them because you will not hear about them. Most of the father's of the faith are quite not boastful. You will not recognize them because they do not want to be recognized.

We just lost the greatest teacher of our generation, at 93 years old he was still teaching the deep things of God. Unless you were hungry for God you would not set in a meeting with him because it was obscure, off the beaten path so to say. He met in homes, horse Barnes, churches, any place you made room for him and had a hungry heart he came to teach. He sat under Norman Grubb, taught in colleges, and had a bible institute until his ministry changed to meet with the hungry. I met him 30 years ago at the lowest point in ministry I could be in, I knew from the very first moment he opened his mouth and began to speak I was in the presence of a father for the first time. A father has nothing to do with age, it has to do with the understanding of a believer.

I must have felt like Timothy with Paul in a way, a feeling I'll never forget. I melted like wax, my heavenly father had not forgot about me I was ready to quit. I felt ashamed and elated at the same time. Ashamed because I could see for the first time I really didn't know much, and elated I knew that was going to change as my Heavenly Father began to reveal Christ to me as my life. RIP my dear friend.

Have you ever wondered at the fact that He works hardest when we are about to give up on something? This is something I have noticed in my own life, many times. Then I feel ashamed of myself because I was weakening, starting to fall, faith becoming weak...feeling as though I had not enough faith to please Him. I just want to Love Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. I can honestly say that I have not reached this yet yet, I strive and ask for this every day. Yes, obedience is how we love Him but...to love others as He asks us to can be pretty difficult at times.
His Peace to you! There is nothing like it...oh but how to MAINTAIN that peace that surpasses all of our understanding-nothing like it.

Reactions: mjrhealth