Knowing The New 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. - Romans 6:6.

You can know all about him, you can know so much about what Jesus can do you can write books - and still not know him. Knowing him is different than knowing about him and the things he does. And that is exactly what happens - men write all the time about him. But they never tell you to know him who is your life.

They can't if they don't know! You must know him, and not just about him. Most cannot see the completion that is in Christ. They can dance around it and try to give an explanation but never take us into scripture and pin point our life. To preach Christ and our completion is not healthy for religion. The fear is - you will not come back. It is more of a deception to not tell believers what is written. One man told me he had a pension and he would loose his pension if he preached such a thing. On one hand you want try to understand that.. but on the other why would you do that.

You defeat your purpose of living and giving what is given to you. Freely you receive, and freely you must give! I know I have thought about it many times, especially when the bills come due.. but the bills will get paid one way or another - they get paid. That is our faith and trust in what you say - if you preach the gospel you must live by the same gospel you preach. We trust our father that he takes care of his children. Hallelujah!

Ultimately your relationship with God hinges on the Christ in you. There is no praying and telling God "I want to know you," apart from the Son. If that were possible you would not need a new birth - Christ in you the hope of glory! There is no way God can reveal himself to you - aside from the Christ in you.

You can't pluck scripture from anywhere and say Abraham knew God, he walked with him.. I'll do that. You can't do that, it will not work for you. Because that is not who we are. We are different because we have Christ in us. We are not OT saints - we are the birthed of God.. the born again. We have our own message, we have our own life. It does not come from anything old it all comes from all the new.

New creation, new life, new man, new person. You are not the same person that you were, not to God. God loved you so much he killed you at the cross in Christ so he could give you a new life - know that life. Renew your mind to that life.. Christ in you the hope of glory!

Last edited: