Land in peril

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All things, weather seen or unseen, are subject unto The Lord. When fear besets us, and it will try, remember that The Lord has control of all things and is working good for all who love Him.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.
Yes, I have deer that visit too. From time to time I'll see the tall grass smashed down in a wide area where they slept overnight.

There are hunters in this area and the woods that border my land prior , to letting it all grow wild was impassable by humans. While I witnessed deer clear the border hedge of growth with no problem.

❤️So happy.

I'm glad your land provides some safety for the deer and other critters from the hunters.

I grew up in Pennsylvania. Although I dislike hunting immensely....I understand that PA has so many deer in the woods that they do allow hunting sometimes. And if people do eat the meat, I can understand that.

A friend has a home in Glendale.... it's a city adjacent to Los Angeles. She saw a small herd of deer on her front lawn in the wee hours! She also gets rabbits, sometimes hears the coyotes and thinks she saw a Bobcat. The rabbits love her tiny vegetable garden.

Her daughter got stalked one night by a coyote while walking their dog. It was a desolate, dark night. The daughter was trying to hurry home....she could hear the coyote's paws on the pavement behind her. Thank God a man suddenly appeared out of nowhere and scared the coyote away!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad your land provides some safety for the deer and other critters from the hunters.

I grew up in Pennsylvania. Although I dislike hunting immensely....I understand that PA has so many deer in the woods that they do allow hunting sometimes. And if people do eat the meat, I can understand that.

A friend has a home in Glendale.... it's a city adjacent to Los Angeles. She saw a small herd of deer on her front lawn in the wee hours! She also gets rabbits, sometimes hears the coyotes and thinks she saw a Bobcat. The rabbits love her tiny vegetable garden.

Her daughter got stalked one night by a coyote while walking their dog. It was a desolate, dark night. The daughter was trying to hurry home....she could hear the coyote's paws on the pavement behind her. Thank God a man suddenly appeared out of nowhere and scared the coyote away!
Yes, I love to give deer sanctuary. We have so many animals and birds that call our place home. A blessing of the acres. ‍:babyangel:❤️

It's always amazing and a blessing when guardian "j" appear like that. So glad she's OK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dance-party.gif

The officer that issued the citations finally got back to me today.

He's an outdoorsman and is all for providing wildlife habitat.

He said all I have to do is clear the wild herbs, weeds, and grasses between the bushes and trees on the front yard. And a long the driveway on the back part.

He said I have a beautiful property.

I have a week to do this and a friend's yardman is going to help.

I am so happy. I told the officer I was so worried that I'd lose my land to this, and he said that would take ages to happen. And they don't expect us to clear everything. Just grasses and weeds. Grass has to be less than 12 inches.

Thank you all for your loving prayers and great advice. God heard us.:D I'm near tears. First day getting those notices,citations, I was numb.

Happy, happy, happy. :joyful:joy::pics:

How's it coming? The yard clearing?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How's it coming? The yard clearing?
We cleared the wild honeysuckle briar bushes and cut the grass down.
All the baby trees and bushes were killed in the bush hog clearing. :(

The inspector that issued the citations gave us to Tuesday of last week, and we haven't heard a word. I'm thinking he drove by to inspect on the day, probably took pictures, and is satisfied.

Breaks my heart. Compared to the gorgeous natural habitat it was, especially with fall and winter approaching and the cover that provided birds and little animals, it is atrocious. All those lush bush and green foliage areas are now gone. And in their place is the outline on the ground of the branches that gave them their shapes that were once there.

The inspector apologized for having to enforce the code. He said I have a beautiful property but they are, complaint driven.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
baby trees and bushes were killed in the bush hog clearing. :(

Do you mean wild hogs did that?

Yes, too bad the natural landscape had to be destroyed. Well, it should grow back but I guess not till Spring.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean wild hogs did that?

Yes, too bad the natural landscape had to be destroyed. Well, it should grow back but I guess not till Spring.
No wild hogs, thank goodness. Bush hog is a type of large flat mower that attaches to a tractor for clearing large dense areas of brush, etc...

Yes, I think come spring they'll reappear in that their roots are still in tact.
I'm going to get a sturdy weed Wacker and keep up with the maintenance around them so they don't overgrow again.

I heard planting wild flowers helps cut down on high grass issues too.
Maybe I'll do that and plant bushes that attract butterflies and humming birds too.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe I'll do that and plant bushes that attract butterflies and humming birds too.

The wildflowers idea sounds really great! They can be like a carpet, that's what happens in some areas in Southern California.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BlessedPeace Hi, hadn't seen you around.

Are you getting snow and how are the wildlife doing on your strip of land lately?

Have a nice, blessed New Year.
I took a break from here for awhile.

The wildlife are wonderful and flourishing.

I ended up having a great conversation with the agent in charge of the so called anonymous report the angry neighbor actually called in.

The agent loved the property and realized it was a retaliation call on the neighbors part. So the only thing I had to change was to cut back a bit of brush that could be seen from the road, and that was it.

Now that it's winter the brush being dormant,it won't grow back for awhile. And that makes everything in compliance with the so called grass height rule.

Meanwhile, the neighbor still has to obey the laws and not trespass and dump on his neighbors. Which he thought was wrong for the law to say that when they informed him of that fact.
Welcome to America mister.

Good to read you here. Hope you and yours have a happy 2024. :)

Reactions: dev553344 and Debp

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I took a break from here for awhile.

The wildlife are wonderful and flourishing.

I ended up having a great conversation with the agent in charge of the so called anonymous report the angry neighbor actually called in.

The agent loved the property and realized it was a retaliation call on the neighbors part. So the only thing I had to change was to cut back a bit of brush that could be seen from the road, and that was it.

Now that it's winter the brush being dormant,it won't grow back for awhile. And that makes everything in compliance with the so called grass height rule.

Meanwhile, the neighbor still has to obey the laws and not trespass and dump on his neighbors. Which he thought was wrong for the law to say that when they informed him of that fact.
Welcome to America mister.

Good to read you here. Hope you and yours have a happy 2024. :)
Great to hear! And good to see you back!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No wild hogs, thank goodness. Bush hog is a type of large flat mower that attaches to a tractor for clearing large dense areas of brush, etc...

Yes, I think come spring they'll reappear in that their roots are still in tact.
I'm going to get a sturdy weed Wacker and keep up with the maintenance around them so they don't overgrow again.

We do have areas on our acreage we planted and yearly reseed to thicken up wild-flowers. The weeds will still grow among the flowers, but does help reduce the weeds.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do have areas on our acreage we planted and yearly reseed to thicken up wild-flowers. The weeds will still grow among the flowers, but does help reduce the weeds.
The weeds and the wheat both grow in this world . the tares will soon be removed . The day of judgment
of the ungodly will come in a blink of an eye . Peril in the land , more like PERIL in the world . JESUS IS COMING
and so many will then wish they had been sheep . march onwards in the trenches .

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a combination post asking for prayers and any advice.

Years ago I inherited my family property. 15 acres. No home is on the land but it is now showing as zoned single home residential. Whereas before it was zoned as agricultural and residential.

Now they say it is still residential with a very small area as agricultural.

The thing is, development in this area is fierce. I let my land go wild so to give habitat to local wildlife.

A neighbor in a HOA community that abuts my land was dumping household waste on a vacant neighbors lot since he build that home.

Then he dumped on mine and when asked to clean it up, did so. But only because a state officer told him to.

Then, two weeks later I get a citation posted on those 15 acres. Telling me I'm in violation of the residential zoning ordinances regarding land upkeep. Because it was formerly a forest. Then a farm, then was sold to my family.
We kept the back 15 acres as is, but did mow it. And we took the front acre and my family back in the 40's when this was all purchased built a house on the front acre.

Now there are two deeds. And both zoned residential, the state says if I don't mow and cut the trees and bushes, they'll do it and bill me. If I can't pay they'll take it all.

I have a clergy certificate, and was wondering if there is anything at all, like citing the wild land returned to its original state is grandfathered in?

Long post. Please forgive that. I'm afraid I'm going to lose it all.:(
What is a citation? I don’t know anything about it. Is it possible those dumping filed a complaint of land unkept because you complained about their dumping? The one good thing about enforcement of the land to be not unkept is that it should stand strong that they also can no longer dump on the land because of the posting that the land is not a dumping ground. Could you reach out to animal organizations that fight to reserve habitats and possibly get help to improve the land …I have no idea what “clean up” is needed but maybe asking organizations for wildlife and seeing if their are any volunteers devoted to wildlife. Having the same goals as you have. A positive to me though after reading your post is that if those dumping on the land, continue to dump ever there they also have to clean up their mess. Only suggestions…again because I know nothing about land. It’s odd for you to get a citation for unkept land. I see people all the time letting their land grow wild and naturally on the acreage they don’t use..old trees fallen, thickets so thick you can’t walk through…

Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a citation? I don’t know anything about it. Is it possible those dumping filed a complaint of land unkept because you complained about their dumping? The one good thing about enforcement of the land to be not unkept is that it should stand strong that they also can no longer dump on the land because of the posting that the land is not a dumping ground. Could you reach out to animal organizations that fight to reserve habitats and possibly get help to improve the land …I have no idea what “clean up” is needed but maybe asking organizations for wildlife and seeing if their are any volunteers devoted to wildlife. Having the same goals as you have. A positive to me though after reading your post is that if those dumping on the land, continue to dump ever there they also have to clean up their mess. Only suggestions…again because I know nothing about land. It’s odd for you to get a citation for unkept land. I see people all the time letting their land grow wild and naturally on the acreage they don’t use..old trees fallen, thickets so thick you can’t walk through…
The agent said because the enormous pile of garbage bags were now grown over by vines and such,it would be difficult to prove it was that particular neighbors.

The good news is he isn't trashing neighbors properties anymore.