Land in peril

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopefully he can tell you what political representative to contact that represents your district.

Also, you might check if Legal Aid is in your area. That is free legal aid.

Here in California you would be applauded for trying to provide wildlife habitat...in the midst of a concrete jungle growing up around you!

You might even ask The Arbor Day Foundation if they have any input on this. They are all about planting trees all over the USA.

Keep us updated....as a nature and animal lover, you are doing a wonderful thing.
Thank you.
I'll contact Arbor Day and see what they can tell me. I was a member for years once.

They have a trees USA program, as I recall.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can those donors remain in their home too?

The large arboretums and public gardens of which I speak were homes/acreage donated to the County or City after their deaths.

However, I think you said there was no home on the property. So I thought maybe your city might appreciate some parkland being donated. Only for wildlife and the public enjoyment of course.

If your city does not set aside green space now, they will be very sorry in the future.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a creek that runs through the original woods that circle half the property.
I don't think it has been declared a wetlands.

Are there any endangered species....animals, birds or even frogs or fish? If so, no development of that property would be allowed. At least that's how it goes in California.

You might also contact PETA... People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. They are very vocal and often protest things harming animals.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The large arboretums and public gardens of which I speak were homes/acreage donated to the County or City after their deaths.

However, I think you said there was no home on the property. So I thought maybe your city might appreciate some parkland being donated. Only for wildlife and the public enjoyment of course.

If your city does not set aside green space now, they will be very sorry in the future.
No, no home on the property. I was just asking about those donated properties you mentioned:
"In California some people with lovely homes with acreage would donate the land to the State or County."

I wondered about the residences. If the donation was while living and in the home on those properties. Or if the residential area of the donated land could still be occupied by heirs of the donor.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there any endangered species....animals, birds or even frogs or fish? If so, no development of that property would be allowed. At least that's how it goes in California.

You might also contact PETA... People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. They are very vocal and often protest things harming animals.
I'll have to check on what endangered species may be indigenous here.

Thank you for that suggestion.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, no home on the property. I was just asking about those donated properties you mentioned:
"In California some people with lovely homes with acreage would donate the land to the State or County."

I wondered about the residences. If the donation was while living and in the home on those properties. Or if the residential area of the donated land could still be occupied by heirs of the donor.

Being a nature lover, you might enjoy seeing one of the large, donated botanical gardens near Los Angeles. It has several different types of gardens plus the huge home.

• Love

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

There is a creek that runs through the original woods that circle half the property.
I don't think it has been declared a wetlands.

Thank you for the initial insight about shenanigans of that sort. The zoning board here is known for it's bad tactics from time to time.

Years ago I was talking with someone who recently relocated to our city. She opened how the ZB's in New York were corrupt but could learn a thing or three about ours.
I'm hoping this isn't the case.

I checked the address on redfin realty site to see if the former AG1 zoning appeared there. No. But it included a zoning item for commercial.

My dad had said it was zoned commercial but I thought he was mistaken because that wasn't on the zoning website.

There has to be a historic record of the property zoning history, I would think.

Thank you again.
Okay, this advice is probably way off, but just in case, you might investigate whether or not a local farmer will come to mow your field if you offer him the "grass" for free. Again, I don't know the details of your particular case. I only wish to spark your imagination with regard to creative opportunities for you to change a negative into a positive.

Ask the city whether it would be okay to allow local residents to establish "victory" gardens on your property. Some folks like to have a place to grow some tomatoes, herbs etc. Maybe charge them a small fee. Again, I don't know but think creatively and remain open to positive alternatives.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can those donors remain in their home too?
Well lets examine this . IF i went to a shelter and donated my shoes to the poor
And they give them to a poor man , can i then tell the poor man what to do with his shoes .
NO if you donate it , ITS THEIRS . IT will be theirs . THEY can promise you anything and everything
only to take it all later on down the road . A DONATION is A DONATION . any court of law knoweth that well .
DONT donate it . I had rather you just give it to the poor than to govt .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They probably would set up a burning man on it . This world is crooked and hates GOD to the core .
GUESS what , IF THEY PUT a burning man on it
YOU HAVE TO JUST SIT AND WINCE and LOOK at it . Once you donate it
THEY can DO as they please .
All i can say is they bess have cameras in view . cause if they set up a burning man or any image of satanic junk
on an area i lived , It be burnt by the AM . Of course i would make SURE no people were anywhere near it when i set that thing ablaze .
Burnining man gotta go and this lamb would be as ol GIDEON once was , I WOULD BURN that wicked grove to the ground
while men slept .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The property is in the name of a corporations name. I'm the registered agent.

I wonder if that can tie up things.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The property is in the name of a corporations name. I'm the registered agent.

I wonder if that can tie up things.

Maybe you better seek out free Legal Aid? You don't want to lose the property or be charged by the city.

Would several goats would be allowed on your property for several days. They would mow the grass and bushes!!! A farmer might be happy to lend you a few goats to do it....or charge you a slight fee.

Here in Los Angeles, even downtown L.A., we use herds of goats for brush clearance.
This is a fun video...right as you exit the subway! I've seen them.

• Haha

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you better seek out free Legal Aid? You don't want to lose the property or be charged by the city.

Would several goats would be allowed on your property for several days. They would mow the grass and bushes!!! A farmer might be happy to lend you a few goats to do it....or charge you a slight fee.

Here in Los Angeles, even downtown L.A., we use herds of goats for brush clearance.
This is a fun video...right as you exit the subway! I've seen them.

Excellent. I needed that lol. Thank you.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent. I needed that lol. Thank you.

You're welcome. But seriously, maybe you could bring some goats in temporarily to help clear the brush? See if any farmers have goats near you.

Tell your city it's a more ecologically safe way of clearing brush....show them the video!
Weed whackers can also start fires....goats are safer.

P.S. Have any developers approached you about selling the fifteen acres?
Possibly you could buy more land for the wildlife with proceeds from a sale.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're welcome. But seriously, maybe you could bring some goats in temporarily to help clear the brush? See if any farmers have goats near you.

Tell your city it's a more ecologically safe way of clearing brush....show them the video!

There are wild briar bushes too. I don't want goats to hurt themselves on their thorns.:(

No developers have approached me. This land means a lot to me. I was raised here.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are wild briar bushes too. I don't want goats to hurt themselves on their thorns.:(

No developers have approached me. This land means a lot to me. I was raised here.
You should do something about noxious weeds if you have them. But try to see if you can find an "Extension Service" in your area. Someone may agree to come out and evaluate your land and give you some advice.

What is the extension service in the US?

The Cooperative Extension Service, consisting of federal, state, and local agricultural offices, was established primarily to provide farmers with information and to encourage them to improve their farming methods.

Usually, the Extension Service is located at a State college.

For example, here is one from Oregon State University.

This is just an example. Your state may have a similar organization that helps people with questions about plants, animals, farming and etc. I hear it's a good resource.

Keep you head up. :cool:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should do something about noxious weeds if you have them. But try to see if you can find an "Extension Service" in your area. Someone may agree to come out and evaluate your land and give you some advice.

What is the extension service in the US?

The Cooperative Extension Service, consisting of federal, state, and local agricultural offices, was established primarily to provide farmers with information and to encourage them to improve their farming methods.

Usually, the Extension Service is located at a State college.

For example, here is one from Oregon State University.

This is just an example. Your state may have a similar organization that helps people with questions about plants, animals, farming and etc. I hear it's a good resource.

Keep you head up. :cool:
I am.:) Thank you for the info. There is a SC near me.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let the goats get busy feastin on the land . Them goats will clear things up .

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dance-party.gif

The officer that issued the citations finally got back to me today.

He's an outdoorsman and is all for providing wildlife habitat.

He said all I have to do is clear the wild herbs, weeds, and grasses between the bushes and trees on the front yard. And a long the driveway on the back part.

He said I have a beautiful property.

I have a week to do this and a friend's yardman is going to help.

I am so happy. I told the officer I was so worried that I'd lose my land to this, and he said that would take ages to happen. And they don't expect us to clear everything. Just grasses and weeds. Grass has to be less than 12 inches.

Thank you all for your loving prayers and great advice. God heard us.:D I'm near tears. First day getting those notices,citations, I was numb.

Happy, happy, happy. :joyful:joy::pics:

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dance-party.gif

The officer that issued the citations finally got back to me today.

He's an outdoorsman and is all for providing wildlife habitat.

He said all I have to do is clear the wild herbs, weeds, and grasses between the bushes and trees on the front yard. And a long the driveway on the back part.

He said I have a beautiful property.

I have a week to do this and a friend's yardman is going to help.

I am so happy. I told the officer I was so worried that I'd lose my land to this, and he said that would take ages to happen. And they don't expect us to clear everything. Just grasses and weeds. Grass has to be less than 12 inches.

Thank you all for your loving prayers and great advice. God heard us.:D I'm near tears. First day getting those notices,citations, I was numb.

Happy, happy, happy. :joyful:joy::pics:

I'm so happy for you! I was going to ask you what was happening but thought I should wait a while. That was sure fast.

I'm glad the officer is a wildlife enthusiast.

Also, your neighbors should be glad for some green space in their neighborhood.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm so happy for you! I was going to ask you what was happening but thought I should wait a while. That was sure fast.

I'm glad the officer is a wildlife enthusiast.

Also, your neighbors should be glad for some green space in their neighborhood.
Thank you.
Yes, I have deer that visit too. From time to time I'll see the tall grass smashed down in a wide area where they slept overnight.

There are hunters in this area and the woods that border my land prior , to letting it all grow wild was impassable by humans. While I witnessed deer clear the border hedge of growth with no problem.

❤️So happy.