Learning Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But ye have not so learned Christ; - Ephesians 4:20.

To learn something, you must have a tangible object in hand. A personal feel for. Something has to be within reach! To learn something means.. you get a grasp on. To learn means you accquire knowledge. Knowledge is always progressive in the since - you have your understanding based on past, and present learning.

As we mentioned Jesus in the flesh; that is the Jesus you will never know.. you can't know Jesus of Nazareth because He does not exsist like that any more. That doesn't take away from Jesus, and who He is and what He did. But it is not the Jesus you are to know (in the flesh), or try to know. We can know all He did and He is the Son of God and all the history, the savior of the world, and that is good very necessary. That is why scripture is given. But we need to know Him who is in us. If that is the case we need to know where to go to find and learn Him, the real Jesus Christ, and have an - understanding change - to Him (renewed in soul/mind) in a very personal way, and see what and who He is. We get to know Him!

We are seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, but that is not the Jesus you need to know. That is more of a faith statement and something God did in His plan. So where do I go to learn Jesus. Most say at some point if they serve God long enough and want to know Him; we know God in spirit. Thats how we get to know Jesus - in spirit. You know we get spiritual at times in our walk. But what they mean is; they want to know Him based on their knowledge and their terms. So to be good researchers we add spirit to our language.

What did John say about learning Christ!

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; - 1 John 1:1.

That is a very tangible thing, to look upon and your hands handle. It is a present tense! Something that is happening with you - to you at a very specific moment in time. Learning is present (or presence) tense. When Paul made His statement he said they had not learned. They were not learning the Christ they needed to know!

Handling the Word of Life!
Christ is not disengaged from believers, but is in them as they're very life. That is the Christ we learn!

Reactions: MatthewG and marks

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But ye have not so learned Christ; - Ephesians 4:20.

To learn something, you must have a tangible object in hand. A personal feel for. Something has to be within reach! To learn something means.. you get a grasp on. To learn means you accquire knowledge. Knowledge is always progressive in the since - you have your understanding based on past, and present learning.

As we mentioned Jesus in the flesh; that is the Jesus you will never know.. you can't know Jesus of Nazareth because He does not exsist like that any more. That doesn't take away from Jesus, and who He is and what He did. But it is not the Jesus you are to know (in the flesh), or try to know. We can know all He did and He is the Son of God and all the history, the savior of the world, and that is good very necessary. That is why scripture is given. But we need to know Him who is in us. If that is the case we need to know where to go to find and learn Him, the real Jesus Christ, and have an - understanding change - to Him (renewed in soul/mind) in a very personal way, and see what and who He is. We get to know Him!

We are seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, but that is not the Jesus you need to know. That is more of a faith statement and something God did in His plan. So where do I go to learn Jesus. Most say at some point if they serve God long enough and want to know Him; we know God in spirit. Thats how we get to know Jesus - in spirit. You know we get spiritual at times in our walk. But what they mean is; they want to know Him based on their knowledge and their terms. So to be good researchers we add spirit to our language.

What did John say about learning Christ!

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; - 1 John 1:1.

That is a very tangible thing, to look upon and your hands handle. It is a present tense! Something that is happening with you - to you at a very specific moment in time. Learning is present (or presence) tense. When Paul made His statement he said they had not learned. They were not learning the Christ they needed to know!

Handling the Word of Life!
Christ is not disengaged from believers, but is in them as they're very life. That is the Christ we learn!

Hi Soul, you brought out a passage that I have read many times, yet not really taken notice of before. Most try to place Christ into the position of God, and refuse to admit that he was a created being, yet 1 Jn 1:1 points out that Jesus was from the beginning, as does Jn 1:1, even more clearly since Jn 1:1 in most versions of the Bible call the Word God. Both those verses was speaking about creation, the beginning. All will readily admit that God had no beginning, yet Jesus has been with us from the beginning, and as we learn from other verses, he was the beginning of the creation of God, the firstborn of all creation. Sorry that wasn't the topic Mike, but it did excite me as I had not seen that before sir.

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Soul, you brought out a passage that I have read many times, yet not really taken notice of before. Most try to place Christ into the position of God, and refuse to admit that he was a created being, yet 1 Jn 1:1 points out that Jesus was from the beginning, as does Jn 1:1, even more clearly since Jn 1:1 in most versions of the Bible call the Word God. Both those verses was speaking about creation, the beginning. All will readily admit that God had no beginning, yet Jesus has been with us from the beginning, and as we learn from other verses, he was the beginning of the creation of God, the firstborn of all creation. Sorry that wasn't the topic Mike, but it did excite me as I had not seen that before sir.

Yes but Jesus the Christ; Is God with is. Jesus is God in a body. He proclaimed his Sonship with the father. But the body was a body.. a prepared by God for himself scripture says as the sacrifice for the sin of the world! So Jesus was God the Son in a body according to what is written. But that body is now glorified at the right hand of the father. We are seated in heavenly places with him by his death burial resurrection and ascension.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can call it the Mary because he came through her lineage.. but God gave the Son. The content of the body was Christ.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This reminds me of something Paul said about knowing Christ,

2 Corinthians 5:16-17 KJV
16) Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

We no longer know Jesus after the flesh, that is, according to the ways of terrestrial man, Therefore, if we are in Christ, we are new creations, and everything is new.

2 Corinthians 3:18 LITV
18) But we all with our face having been unveiled, having beheld the glory of the Lord in a mirror, are being changed into the same image from glory to glory, as from the Lord Spirit.

Much love!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but Jesus the Christ; Is God with is. Jesus is God in a body. He proclaimed his Sonship with the father. But the body was a body.. a prepared by God for himself scripture says as the sacrifice for the sin of the world! So Jesus was God the Son in a body according to what is written. But that body is now glorified at the right hand of the father. We are seated in heavenly places with him by his death burial resurrection and ascension.

No sir, you say he is God, I say like Peter: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Mat 16:16
Jesus confirmed that was true Mike: Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did.

May I ask why God has not revealed that to you sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir, you say he is God, I say like Peter: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Mat 16:16
Jesus confirmed that was true Mike: Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did.

Just difference of interpretation!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What an individual believers has little impact on the word. Believing scripture is a matter of interpretation.. hence the million and one denominations of different interpretations. In whom we believed is what makes us all part of one body, and in the body come many different understandings of scripture. Men die for what they believe.. and it don't matter what you believe. The only thing that matters is whom you have believed. That is salvation.. not what you believe.. thank God.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What an individual believers has little impact on the word. Believing scripture is a matter of interpretation.. hence the million and one denominations of different interpretations. In whom we believed is what makes us all part of one body, and in the body come many different understandings of scripture. Men die for what they believe.. and it don't matter what you believe. The only thing that matters is whom you have believed. That is salvation.. not what you believe.. thank God.

1 Cor 1:10

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just difference of interpretation!

No sir, God doesn't accept interpretations, rather His word of truth. It is not Burger King, you cannot have it your way. I will say however that I hope you are correct and I am in error on this Michael, do you have any Scriptural evidence that God accepts those who worship Him by their own understanding? I see it more the way Jesus said at Jn 4:24, you have to worship God with spirit and truth, having spirit, or zeal in worship is great, but truth is equally important. In order to have salvation, you have to have a personal relationship with God, not idol gods but Jehovah Himself Mat 22:37

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir, God doesn't accept interpretations, rather His word of truth. It is not Burger King, you cannot have it your way. I will say however that I hope you are correct and I am in error on this Michael, do you have any Scriptural evidence that God accepts those who worship Him by their own understanding? I see it more the way Jesus said at Jn 4:24, you have to worship God with spirit and truth, having spirit, or zeal in worship is great, but truth is equally important. In order to have salvation, you have to have a personal relationship with God, not idol gods but Jehovah Himself Mat 22:37

So your right and everyone else is wrong.. I don't see an issue with that we all do it. And usually back it up with a scripture or two. It's the 'I have a right to be right.' We all do that, it's normal.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We are at once seated with Christ in the heavenly realm, and we are His body here upon the earth. God prepared a body for Christ, Who then offered that body in sacrifice. Now we are His body being offered in sacrifice. His sacrifice ended His earthly ministry, but our sacrifice begins our ministry.

Our sacrifice continues His ministry of reconciliation, as we live in such a manner so that we build up each other in love, and that we will be conduits of God's love to all who are around us. Our commitment to care for the needs of others will be the greatest reflection of Christ in us, and our trust in Him to fulfill all His good will in and through us enables us to receive the nutrients of the vine, in wisdom and understanding to know the need, in power over the flesh to apply ourself to meeting the need, in gifted service as the Holy Spirit bears fruit in our lives, and directs our service.

And His heart becomes our heart, and His mind becomes our mind, and His work is our work, and His glory is our glory, and in this we come to know the true Christ, our Creator God.

Much love!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your right and everyone else is wrong.. I don't see an issue with that we all do it. And usually back it up with a scripture or two. It's the 'I have a right to be right.' We all do that, it's normal.

No sir, God's word is truth, and one is either correct by being in line with it's teachings, or incorrect by making a statement that is not supported by Scripture. Salvation is dependent upon serving God in truth, simple as that Mike.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir, God's word is truth, and one is either correct by being in line with it's teachings, or incorrect by making a statement that is not supported by Scripture. Salvation is dependent upon serving God in truth, simple as that Mike.

Yes but who's truth. One says this is truth, and the other says this is truth. And we sum it up with - God is true. But we know that.. so truth as we see it is going to be in interpretation to the scriptures the individual understands to be truth.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but who's truth. One says this is truth, and the other says this is truth. And we sum it up with - God is true. But we know that.. so truth as we see it is going to be in interpretation to the scriptures the individual understands to be truth.

Exactly Mike, so each of us has to determine what is truth. The Bible clearly identifies the path we are to take, it identifies who we are to worship and serve, and our assignment as well. Jesus set the example, and it is rather easy to identify those who teach what he as well as the rest of the apostles taught. So each individual chooses for himself what is truth, and follows that, hopefully making sure they are following the right path. Make sure of all things, using God's word and you will be fine. Prove it to yourself.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly Mike, so each of us has to determine what is truth. The Bible clearly identifies the path we are to take, it identifies who we are to worship and serve, and our assignment as well. Jesus set the example, and it is rather easy to identify those who teach what he as well as the rest of the apostles taught. So each individual chooses for himself what is truth, and follows that, hopefully making sure they are following the right path. Make sure of all things, using God's word and you will be fine. Prove it to yourself.

Yes I agree with that. But I do see that as well. Believing is a tricky matter.. of sorts - because we are not going to ever be out of our fathers way. He will ever be a present help.. to get me to determine what I need to know. He may use things like the world or schoolhouse we so lovingly call it.. or my body ..or my circumstances and situations, or just his love, and the grace of correct, but ever present. The plan and purpose of the father is always working, and on going ever present .. in everything that can be encountered in this life.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I agree with that. But I do see that as well. Believing is a tricky matter.. of sorts - because we are not going to ever be out of our fathers way. He will ever be a present help.. to get me to determine what I need to know. He may use things like the world or schoolhouse we so lovingly call it.. or my body ..or my circumstances and situations, or just his love, and the grace of correct, but ever present. The plan and purpose of the father is always working, and on going ever present .. in everything that can be encountered in this life.

Most people come to God via these two passages, Mat 28:19,20; Isa 2:2,3