Left Behind Books/Movies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zalaki

Jul 10, 2006
I have 3 books and all the movies... what are your opinion to these books/movies towards Christianity? Beleive them or not?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be perfectly honest, I do not believe in a word of them and think that they put forth lies that will really lead many astray from the Lord. I believe what they preach is in direct conflict with what the Bible teaches and I have a problem with that. There are many people who read these books more than they do the Bible on the subject. That's why they keep pumping them out and IMHO keep on deceiving.Keep in mind that I cannot speak for everyone and I'm sure plenty of people read the Bible still with these books, but keep in mind (if you're a heavy reader of the series) how much these books keep you out of the Word of God and in the word of man. Although I haven't read these books, I've been guilty in the past of the reading man's work and not reading the Lord's.

Zalaki

Jul 10, 2006
Yea well they do tend to get off what the Bible actually means sometimes but then again its just a movie right? lol and the books i dont read the thick ones i read the small ones the teen ones... theres like 30+ of them i read alot lol... but they are like soooooo different then what u read in the bible and they change up some stuff but its just another book... only true book to beleive is the bible

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, as long as you recognize that, then I think you're fine. It's just the people that read these books in place of the Bible - and I see a lot of that going on. I mean don't get me wrong, it's fine to go read other's books but always let the Bible be that ultimate source of authority and get your ideas from there.

Zalaki

Jul 10, 2006
Yea i get what ya mean.. and oh yea there are many people who believe people views of the bible then trying to understand the bible themselves