Let the peace of God rule in your hearts...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
12Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
Colossians 3:12-17

God's peace is always there, even in the midst of storms. But we must let it rule in our hearts....I always love that verse.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit helps us to live the Christian life as well as giving us the peace of God in our hearts.

"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." Galatians 5:16.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-25.

14For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. Romans 6:14

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Holy Spirit helps us to live the Christian life as well as giving us the peace of God in our hearts.

"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." Galatians 5:16.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-25.

14For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. Romans 6:14
Praise God. Amen!!

Debp...since I have let go of this stubborn heart of mine ( which the Holy Spirit brought me to that understanding, he told me I had a stubborn heart....his word penetrated my heart).....he has been speaking so much more to me.....I just wish I had recognised and let go of stubbornness much early.

Flesh doesn’t want to die does it?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
12Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
Colossians 3:12-17
loaded, loaded, loaded!

Reactions: Debp

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 7
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth ALL understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

AMEN:

Reactions: Debp