Lets Get It On, Mystery Babylon.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BjornFree

Jun 25, 2010
North Norfolk, UK.
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
brakelite said:
What you are claiming is that Seventh Day Adventists and other Sabbath keepers not only don't worship God on any day other than Sabbath, but teach that if others do, they are a part of Babylon.
That is not what I claim .... it is what you reckon to be my claim.
The two are only the same for the purpose of enjoying an argument.

BjornFree

Jun 25, 2010
North Norfolk, UK.
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As with many threads on Christian forums members thrash about in turbulent waters with varying degrees of 'swimming' capability.
Some do so with insular bigotry and confrontational enjoyment, others do so with sincere (even if misguided) and humble intent.
('Who Is "the Restrainer" In 2 Thess. 2:6-7' is the most extreme example I've seen for many years.)
Lord help me to 'see more clearly' with greater humility and love.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
blessedhope said:
There Is Mystery Babylon what is this animal of the bible . As I see it the pope is neck deep and pushing it.So what is Mystery Babylon in the end time of the bible?>Your thought first please.Very interesting
It was (past tense) pagan Rome OR possibly apostate Jerusalem.

B

brakelite

Oneoff said:
[SIZE=9pt]Worshipping God on other than the 7th day of the week has been suggested as a major factor identifying those who constitute ‘Babylon the Great’.[/SIZE]

Your very first line, quote: Worshiping God on other than the 7th day of the week has been suggested as a major factor identifying those who constitute ‘Babylon the Great, is utter nonsense. Sorry to be so blunt, but such a false declaration, whether deliberate or from ignorance, I must refute. If deliberate, it is a lie...if from ignorance, I wonder why you would dare comment having not studied the teachings of those who keep the Sabbath and maintain the observance of Sunday as constituting Babylon. Might I suggest you do some more homework and come back? What you are claiming is that Seventh Day Adventists and other Sabbath keepers not only don't worship God on any day other than Sabbath, but teach that if others do, they are a part of Babylon. Can you offer a reference to substantiate that claim?
Oneoff said:
That is not what I claim .... it is what you reckon to be my claim.
The two are only the same for the purpose of enjoying an argument.
Forgive me if I am misunderstanding you, but your first sentence above quoted appears to me to exactly what you are saying...and this is not an uncommon charge against those who choose to uphold the Sabbath. The point is, is that you are welcome to worship any day you like, and Sabbath keepers likewise, and I would hazard a guess that none of us, Sabbath/Sunday/Noday keepers restrict ourselves to worshiping just one day a week.