Lie

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

colinthar

Mar 25, 2009
does any one know how many words there are in the scriptures that translate into lie in english. i think there are six for love. i know god said all men are liars, but did he mean somthing different to what i understand a lie to be. as in god cannot lie. i think what im trying to say is, is there other discriptions of un-trueth's. or are all un-trueth's lies.colin

SoldierforChrist

Sep 21, 2008
Well "Lie" is pretty straightforward in the Bible. It is always used in a negative form and means to tell a lie which is obviously the opposite of telling the truth. When the Bible says "All men are liars", it means what it says. We have all lied at one point in our lives. It is making the point that we are all sinners and are in need of a Saviour. It goes right along with James 2:10 as well. Since we have all lied, we are all guilty of breaking the law. Thus we are worthy of death, and need Jesus to save us from that spiritual detah, and give us eternal life.

BenTobijah

Apr 11, 2009
does any one know how many words there are in the scriptures that translate into lie in english. i think there are six for love. i know god said all men are liars, but did he mean somthing different to what i understand a lie to be. as in god cannot lie. i think what im trying to say is, is there other discriptions of un-trueth's. or are all un-trueth's lies.colin
Colin,Let me make a suggestion for you. Purchase a Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance published by Hendrickson Publishers (I recommend Hendrickson because the editions are complete, I’m not sure about the other publishers), every serious Bible student needs this tool along with their KJV Bible. Then, look up the word “Lie” along with its different variations, and you will discover some significant information. Remember that the word “lie” can also mean to “recline” as in “lay down”.If you are unable to afford a Strong’s take a look at www.e-sword.com, you can download the KJV with a Strong’s for free. Purchase a real Strong's when you can because it is far more complete.