LittleFlower - newbie dropping in to say hi!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LittleFlower

Jan 7, 2012
Hello, everyone!

Brand new here obviously, and so happy to be on board and to say hello to you all!

A little about me: I'm a woman in my late 20s, married (no kids yet), living in Canada. I'm owned by a cat, I love to read and really especially enjoy philosophy, apologetics, history, and science. I'm a Catholic, and I love talking to fellow Christians across all denominations -- they're my brothers and sisters in Christ. I believe I'm a pretty laid back, approachable person, so feel free to say hello or drop me a line!

God bless! :)

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
Hi little flower! So glad you came! Love the name you picked! I hope you enjoy your time here! God bless you also!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi LittleFlower!

purplewelcome1.gif

I hope you enjoy the fellowship here at CB!

Blessings!!!

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Welcome to the family....grab a cup of java, a chair and join right in ....Hope you enjoy CB as much as I do...Welcome Home again..

Love and peace

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome!

What book(s) have you read lately?

I love to read myself and we have a cat as well - a particularly bad cat that has earned the name "Gilcifer" (his real name is Gilly) on occasion, but we love him all the same as he provides much joy and lots of humor. I feel like there are certain theological implications when owning a cat, but that's another thread for another day.

I hope you find some topics to jump into here at CB. :)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome LittleFlower! God loves you and so do we! :)

LittleFlower

Jan 7, 2012
Thanks so much for the welcomes, everyone! God bless you all. :)

HammerStone... LOL @ "Gilcifer"! How true -- at least for my rascally kitty! I love her though.

Books I've recently read (or re-read):
- Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay
- Becoming Human by Jean Vanier (I had the blessing of meeting him once. The love of Jesus shines in that man's eyes!)
- Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom
- Story of a Soul by St Therese de Lisieux
- Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis de Sales
- A Night to Remember by Walter Lord (I'm a huge Titanic history buff)
... and a few other, shorter stories/memoirs on my Kindle... including My Emily by Matt Patterson, the beautiful short memoir of a father's love for his little girl. :)

How about you? What have you read recently?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'm more boring probably for you, but I just read an awesome guy book called God and Football, Faith and Fanaticism in the SEC dealing with college football as basically a religion here in the south. I'm currently reading a political book which sounds rather dark, called Suicide of a Super Power. I jump between Christianity and politics.

Some other's I've read:

Doctrine: What Christians Should Believe by Mark Driscoll and Gary Breshears
Desiring God by John Piper (didn't finish, and plan to re-read)
Radical and Radical Together by David Platt
Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick

Christianity: The First Three Thousand Years by Diarmaid MacCulloch

As well as some various (uninteresting) books on web design, etc. I grew up a huge Titanic buff as a kid. It was a phase, but it still fascinates me.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks so much for the welcomes, everyone! God bless you all. :)

HammerStone... LOL @ "Gilcifer"! How true -- at least for my rascally kitty! I love her though.

Books I've recently read (or re-read):
- Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay
- Becoming Human by Jean Vanier (I had the blessing of meeting him once. The love of Jesus shines in that man's eyes!)
- Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom
- Story of a Soul by St Therese de Lisieux
- Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis de Sales
- A Night to Remember by Walter Lord (I'm a huge Titanic history buff)
... and a few other, shorter stories/memoirs on my Kindle... including My Emily by Matt Patterson, the beautiful short memoir of a father's love for his little girl. :)

How about you? What have you read recently?

Great books!

I just finished Dialogue by Catherine of Sienna and Perelandra by CS Lewis.

blessings