• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As much as I hate to explain jokes, the title of this thread is a nod to the "Seinfeld" episode entitled "The Soup Nazi," wherein the proprietor of a very popular soup eatery screeches: "NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!" at people who do not follow his ordering instructions to the letter. It is practically the only "Seinfeld" episode that contains virtually no sexual overtones which is, consequently, why it is the only one I'm familiar with. It is, BTW, moderately amusing, for those who might like to view it on Hulu.

So, how about them back-stabbing, hypocritical GOPers, eh?

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As much as I hate to explain jokes, the title of this thread is a nod to the "Seinfeld" episode entitled "The Soup Nazi," wherein the proprietor of a very popular soup eatery screeches: "NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!" at people who do not follow his ordering instructions to the letter. It is practically the only "Seinfeld" episode that contains virtually no sexual overtones which is, consequently, why it is the only one I'm familiar with. It is, BTW, moderately amusing, for those who might like to view it on Hulu.

Speak your piece but be peaceful about with nothing said that might conceivably be offensive to anyone...

Huh?

When is it time to be silent?

"Children should be seen and not heard"!

Who and where are the children?

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speak your piece but be peaceful about with nothing said that might conceivably be offensive to anyone...

Huh?

When is it time to be silent?

"Children should be seen and not heard"!

Who and where are the children?
I think I can top that one. (ha)

From the late, great Brother Dave Gardner:

"Let them that don't want none have fond memories of not gettin' any."

And if that doesn't work there's always my favorite standby:

"The world's my oyster soup kitchen floor wax museum."

Definitely not as thought-provoking, but clever, nonetheless. lol

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I can top that one. (ha)

From the late, great Brother Dave Gardner:

"Let them that don't want none have fond memories of not gettin' any."

And if that doesn't work there's always my favorite standby:

"The world's my oyster soup kitchen floor wax museum."

Definitely not as thought-provoking, but clever, nonetheless. lol
Try this. A friend on another forum has used this as his signature:

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snake bite..... and furthermore always carry a small snake." W.C.FIELDS

The thing is that even in my worst days I always hated whiskey.

Fortunately in my worst encounter with snakes in Viet Nam I was wearing combat boots. Those little kraits could not penetrate them.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hat bandana Graham cracker jackhammer
In a nail file suit your self service man
Autographed pictures of Shakespeare fishing gear
Head phone Madison Square garden hose

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hat bandana Graham cracker jackhammer
In a nail file suit your self service man
Autographed pictures of Shakespeare fishing gear
Head phone Madison Square garden hose
Did you ever learn this one?

"Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?"

And then of course...there's "Great green gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts" as a appetizer before dinner.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try this. A friend on another forum has used this as his signature:

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snake bite..... and furthermore always carry a small snake." W.C.FIELDS

The thing is that even in my worst days I always hated whiskey.

Fortunately in my worst encounter with snakes in Viet Nam I was wearing combat boots. Those little kraits could not penetrate them.
Good old combat boots. I don't think they even make them anymore. A couple of years after I got out of boot camp the jeeps were coming out with steel-toed jump boots--the worst invention ever. I was a machinist. Always hot metal chips flying around, so I wore molder/welder's boots. No laces and boy did they shine up nicely.

Fields was a genius. "Watch out for the fellow in the bright nightgown!"

They had some stuff in Germany (I'm sure they still do--there was always 1,5 litre bottle of it hanging upside down in every gasthaus I was ever in) called Asbach-Uralt. I believe it was brandy. Mixed with coke it was almost fit to drink.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you ever learn this one?

"Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?"

And then of course...there's "Great green gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts" as a appetizer before dinner.
Aw, sure. That's kid's stuff. Of course, we're told we must become as little children...

I never saw a purple cow
I never hope to see one
But I can tell you anyhow
I'd rather see than be one.

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is a vast difference between a business man running his business according to his rules. And the government controlling its people. The only person who pays the price for his behavior is the owner himself. If they don't like his rules they can go elsewhere. If you don't like the governments rules, you can get fined or go to jail. The government doesn't suffer. that is the difference between Freedom and Oppression
BIG difference

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good old combat boots. I don't think they even make them anymore. A couple of years after I got out of boot camp the jeeps were coming out with steel-toed jump boots--the worst invention ever. I was a machinist. Always hot metal chips flying around, so I wore molder/welder's boots. No laces and boy did they shine up nicely.
I loved my combat boots. They were the most comfortable pair of footwear I had ever owned. After I was separated from the army I kept the best pair and held onto them until after I got married in 1972. My wife, always one to give away things to others, gave my boots to her youngest brother while I was at work. I was never easily angered, but she came close that time... LOL
Fields was a genius. "Watch out for the fellow in the bright nightgown!"

They had some stuff in Germany (I'm sure they still do--there was always 1,5 litre bottle of it hanging upside down in every gasthaus I was ever in) called Asbach-Uralt. I believe it was brandy. Mixed with coke it was almost fit to drink.
I don't remember much from Fields as even in my day his films were all old, but I do remember some of his humor.

During my student year in Germany I drank mostly beer. The main exception I remember was when we bought tequila [made in Mexico and sold in West Berlin] for a group of us in the very early Spring and we went out to Krume Lanke to drink it. We were very young, foolish and drunk when we all decided to go swimming in the lake which still had ice on more than half of its surface. None of us were Polar bears and no one stayed in the water very long.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I loved my combat boots. They were the most comfortable pair of footwear I had ever owned. After I was separated from the army I kept the best pair and held onto them until after I got married in 1972. My wife, always one to give away things to others, gave my boots to her youngest brother while I was at work. I was never easily angered, but she came close that time... LOL

I don't remember much from Fields as even in my day his films were all old, but I do remember some of his humor.

During my student year in Germany I drank mostly beer. The main exception I remember was when we bought tequila [made in Mexico and sold in West Berlin] for a group of us in the very early Spring and we went out to Krume Lanke to drink it. We were very young, foolish and drunk when we all decided to go swimming in the lake which still had ice on more than half of its surface. None of us were Polar bears and no one stayed in the water very long.
I drank a lot of what they called Weizen (wheat) bier. When I got back to the states, I found out it was called Weist bier in other regions of Germany. They always served it with a slice of lemon. I thought it was the best stuff since sliced bread at the time. Now I have a little non-alcohol beer two or three times a year. O'Doul's--it's not too bad. I actually like the taste of well-brewed beer, strangely enough. I've given up many other things that I used to pretend I liked (even convincing myself at times).

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I drank a lot of what they called Weizen (wheat) bier. When I got back to the states, I found out it was called Weist bier in other regions of Germany. They always served it with a slice of lemon. I thought it was the best stuff since sliced bread at the time. Now I have a little non-alcohol beer two or three times a year. O'Doul's--it's not too bad. I actually like the taste of well-brewed beer, strangely enough. I've given up many other things that I used to pretend I liked (even convincing myself at times).
For several years of tea-totalling, I was into O'Douls, but not in a long time now. I still love the flavor of strong German-like beer, but only actually indulge once or twice a year as I also carefully avoid getting drunk from alcoholic beverages. Getting drunk in the Spirit of God is quite another thing...

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm hearing ya!