Lonely Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 68:6 KJVS
God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land .

Jesus was a lonely man. Except for the Heavenly Father there was no one to draw close to. The immature fleshly disciples were not able to draw close to Him. They loved Him yes but He was a man with a heavenly mission. He was here on a round trip ticket. They recognized that Jesus was not an average man. That something about him was special. They loved him but there was an anointing about him that distanced him from them. Something they couldn't fathom.

Nehemiah 9:6 KJVS
Thou, even thou, art Lord alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

His times on the hills of Jerusalem praying to the Heavenly Father were the times he refreshed his soul and spirit communing with God. There was certainly no man he could pour his heart out to. That he had, has, the same emotions as us often seems impossible when we think of it.

Mark 6:46-47 KJVS
And when he had sent them away, he departed into a mountain to pray.
[47] And when even was come, the ship was in the midst of the sea, and he alone on the land.

Psalm 62:8 KJVS
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

So many old testament scriptures tell us much about Him. Especially Isaiah 53. He was a man of sorrows and well acquainted with grief. When your heart is breaking he feels it just as we do.

Hebrews 4:15 KJVS
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Zechariah 13:6 KJVS
And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

God has a tremendous sense of humor. Once I awakened my wife as I was laughing in my sleep. She asked "what are you laughing at"? for it was in the wee hours.

We are compelled to experience aloneness even as he was alone. There is nothing we go through that is foreign to him. He knows the pain of it.

I said "Jesus just told me a joke". It was true, with a thought toward John the Baptist as I slept He remarked "that hair shirt gets itchy when it gets dry doesn't it"? The quiet humor and light heartedness of His words were so obvious, so uplifting. His voice was just filled with joy. I am constantly hungry for anything He has to say. This desire to know more of him is planted in every believer.

He teaches serious lessons in an easy yet powerful way. Once as I read the account of John the Baptist's imprisonment and subsequent beheading I paused and asked "Lord how do I keep from losing MY head"?!

The answer from Him was instant and I laughed right aloud. "put it in a safe place" was His matter of fact wisdom. I laughed but understood.

He is so inventive, wise and diverse in His ways of answering our prayers. Like the tax money in the fish's mouth. After church one night we stopped at the market to pick up a few things. Going out to our car we began a conversation with a couple parked nearby.

We began sharing about Jesus and being Christians they chimed right in so we traded testimonies. Then they said something that took me aback. It made me ask them to repeat it since I thought my ears had deceived me.

They said again "He had the dogs give us a baby shower"!

"what"? Was my amazed reply.

They recounted the events to us. The wife was pregnant and they were waiting expectantly for their first child to be born. They were not well to do and had very little. They needed everything and had nothing. As they sat in their home one night they heard noises outside. Dogs were barking and growling, having a big fight. The husband went to the door and turned on the outside light and as he did several dogs began to run away. His yells scared off the last of them.

They had been fighting over the contents of a large paper bag or bags that were lying in the grass. He gathered the stuff and brought it into the house. The large quantity of items amazed them. Still in new packaging were baby blankets, diapers, oils, powders, several baby outfits, rattles, on and on. Everything for a new baby. The dogs had been sent by Jesus to give them a much needed baby shower! Where had those things come from? Like the coin in the fish's mouth we'll never know.

Truly Jesus' ways are past finding out! He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. How is He we ask. What's He like?

He REALLY does know exactly how we feel and responds with compassion. I sat weeping in my greenhouse one moonlit night. Overcome with grief and heaviness. I noticed that I was slowly nodding my head up and down in a yes motion and saying over and over "you felt these same things, you felt these same things"! He had let me know that He'd been there too. He REALLY IS TOUCHED by the feelings of our weaknesses, our infirmities, our grief, pain and sadness. Whatever you feel He feels also. Joy, anger, hurt, compassion, excitement. Every single thing. For those that pursue Him with the whole heart there awaits a wealth of the love and tender care of our beautiful savior.

Psalm 119:2 KJVS
Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

The same savior that wanted to hear what was being spoken of him by those rejoicing at His resurrection. "what things"? he asked.
He is closer than you know. I have been with him 40 + years now and there is so much I don't know. His love is so big. In time your capacity to understand more of him will increase. In any relationship time is required to nurture the union. Keep walking with Him and grow closer.

James 4:8 KJVS
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Scientists say the universe is ever expanding. Since the creation was spoken into existence the power of God's words are still carrying out His orders. Pushing new galaxies into the ever expanding vastness we call space.

Genesis 1:16 KJVS
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

In the same way as we walk with Him through the years we are expanded to comprehend more of His ways, His character.

2 Peter 3:18 KJVS
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

He created the universe alone but didn't want to remain alone. And unless we fellowship with Him we will remain lonely ourselves. That God shaped void in our spirit will remain unfilled. We can know ever so many others but to know Him and the power of His resurrection is our quest.

Philippians 3:10 KJVS
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Are you alone and lonely? Pour out your heart to him because he really understands. He's already walked before us.

Reactions: Helen and Dave L