Lord, Help Us To Keep Trusting

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“Lord, Help Us To Keep Trusting”
Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

This past week, I have had the word “trusting” on my mind and heart frequently. As the days and weeks continue on, I still feel the need to share with you all how God is teaching me more and more how to keep my trust in Him in the midst of the pandemic that feels like a bad dream still. I find myself waking up everyday and just wondering what the next set of news I will hear will be about.

I find myself praying differently. I don’t really know how to describe it, but I’m just asking God for peace and that I will continue to have the strength in Him to trust even though there is so much I cannot understand.

I have read this passage more times in my life than I can count. It’s been a staple for many of us through the years and is a popular passage to quote in various times and circumstances. Lately, I’ve been thinking more about it and how God is asking me to trust Him even more these days as I strive to provide for my family as I keep hearing different news at work and in the community about changes.

He is reminding me to trust completely in Him, even though I don’t understand many things. He continues to provide for us and lead us. It is often easy some days to wake up and immediately feel anxious about many things. It seems I’m hearing daily changes at work about various changes and it’s easy for me to lose sight of hope and that He will always be with me no matter what.

Friends, I don’t have any great revelations about all that you and your friends and family are dealing with. However, I do know that we serve an Almighty God Who has never stopped providing and will never stop leading us, even when the path seems very unknown. He asks us to continue trusting in Him, especially when things seem chaotic.

Will you please join me in striving each day to wake up and put total trust in Him? We need to trust Him now more than ever and not depend on our own understanding. I would like to end with another prayer this week.

Lord, please help us to continue trusting in You, even though we find ourselves continually bombarded with temptations to lose hope. It’s easy for us to become fearful of the continues news of sickness, but may we focus on You and depend on Your understanding, not ours. Help us to trust and know that You will always provide. Give us strength, Lord to trust even when we feel weak. We know You are in control and will always be. Help me to know I am blessed in so many ways as You have provided. Amen!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

This past week, I have had the word “trusting” on my mind and heart frequently. As the days and weeks continue on, I still feel the need to share with you all how God is teaching me more and more how to keep my trust in Him in the midst of the pandemic that feels like a bad dream still. I find myself waking up everyday and just wondering what the next set of news I will hear will be about.

I find myself praying differently. I don’t really know how to describe it, but I’m just asking God for peace and that I will continue to have the strength in Him to trust even though there is so much I cannot understand.

I have read this passage more times in my life than I can count. It’s been a staple for many of us through the years and is a popular passage to quote in various times and circumstances. Lately, I’ve been thinking more about it and how God is asking me to trust Him even more these days as I strive to provide for my family as I keep hearing different news at work and in the community about changes.

He is reminding me to trust completely in Him, even though I don’t understand many things. He continues to provide for us and lead us. It is often easy some days to wake up and immediately feel anxious about many things. It seems I’m hearing daily changes at work about various changes and it’s easy for me to lose sight of hope and that He will always be with me no matter what.

Friends, I don’t have any great revelations about all that you and your friends and family are dealing with. However, I do know that we serve an Almighty God Who has never stopped providing and will never stop leading us, even when the path seems very unknown. He asks us to continue trusting in Him, especially when things seem chaotic.

Will you please join me in striving each day to wake up and put total trust in Him? We need to trust Him now more than ever and not depend on our own understanding. I would like to end with another prayer this week.

Lord, please help us to continue trusting in You, even though we find ourselves continually bombarded with temptations to lose hope. It’s easy for us to become fearful of the continues news of sickness, but may we focus on You and depend on Your understanding, not ours. Help us to trust and know that You will always provide. Give us strength, Lord to trust even when we feel weak. We know You are in control and will always be. Help me to know I am blessed in so many ways as You have provided. Amen!

Hi Hldude,
You have my prayers of agreement, each morning. Prayer is so important and powerful! We need to be building our faith rock solid! And, I too love Proverbs 3:5-6.
Something else that could help would be to keep the "news" off for a while. We all need a break from all of this inundation that causes much fretting...once we stop fretting...then that "peace that surpasses all understanding" will come over us.
Good post.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen indeed.
My thoughts have been going in the same direction.
I was allowing "all this " to clutter my mind. ( one grand daughter is an Emergency Room nurse ) One night "Over thinking" kept me awake.

In the morning I asked the Lord - " How do I handle this ?"
When I opened by bible I had a few verses - one was ( your trust mentioned in the OP)
" Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not unto your own understanding , in all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your path."

The other one was - " Take no thought for your life , what you shall eat, what you shall drink and what you shall put on..."

So now, whenever my mind gets bogged down with people telling me whats on the news ...I switch to those verses about trust .

God's got this!
He has been getting us ready for this kind of thing for years.

I do feel sorry for all the people who have been assured by some pastors that they will be 'raptured -out' when trials come...I haven't noticed anyone missing yet, neither do I ever expect to see them raptured!!
I am sad for those who have been 'taken by fear' in this time. ♥︎

R

Rita

Hello,
I affirm this verse and prayer - over the years the Lord has continuously reminded me of this verse, usually when I have lost my way abit within a testing time , and this pandemic is certainly making many lose their way a bit - it seems so big doesn’t it, but the truth of this verse is that God understands what is happening and it is that which should be trusted and leaned on xxxxx
Rita

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lord, please help us to continue trusting in You

Trust is also an attitude of mind.
When life kicks one in the teeth, whether being laid off, family hit by the viruse, death etc then one , with a mind full of ' what it's and why me etc', has to choose to trust God in the worry and uncertainty of one's situation or to ignore God and find help else where.

Learn to trust God now as it makes it slightly easier to trust him when life mugs one.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen to all posts. ✟

Reactions: Nancy