Love one another

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

grandma dolittle

May 23, 2012
Missouri
Jesus told the disciples This is my commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:12
I left another site where the 'Christians" resorted to insulting eache other and name calling because they did not agree on a concept or on a point of Christianity. Discussing religion and denomations of any kind have always been hot topics and I am as gulity as any in feeling resentment (or what ever I was feeling) when I read something I didn't agree with and asserted my views at the right one. I am ashamed of myself and I ask forgiveness of anyone I have behaved badly toward.

In a post to Mungo, I realized what I was doing and felt ashamed of myself. I was not following Christ's last command. I was not behaving Christ-like, which is what a Christian is. As I read others doing the same time, I became discouraged becaused all I wanted was to talk to other people who loved Christ and I thought about finding a different site. Then I realized people are the same everywhere, these are my brothers and sisters and I need to love them.

I want to thank Mungo for making me realize how selfish, self-righteous, and opinionated I was. He took the time to explain to me something I didn't know about his belief and showed me Christ's last command. I love you, Mungo.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great post GD. I am ashamed of the way I have responded to Strat - I let him get to me. I think your post is quite timely. Thanks for writing it.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are right about our commandment from God to love one another, grandma dolittle. it seems we all have pride and so we all like to win or be proven right. when this does not happen we start to get irritated. also when we keep reiterating a point and the person we are talking about just cannot seem to grasp what we are talking about whether due to ignorance, man's ingrained religion, and ect that gets us into argument which according to th Word produces strife and every evil thing.

Love is tough to learn but not impossible. with God's help all things are possible which i thank God for.

God bless

Jul 6, 2011
Lets not forget that Jesus said that to His disciples, to love one another as He had loved, and so that the world would know who His disciples are. Notice He did not say it to His disciples and the Pharisees.
2 Tim 3:16 even says to rebuke with scripture, where necessary, is to build up believers for every good work. So believers do not get upset if they are being rebuked so as to be built up, the truth is not offensive to the believer.

We all fall short an make personal comments we should not,
James 3:9
With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness.

But
1 Peter 3:10
For, “Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Jesus told the disciples This is my commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:12
I left another site where the 'Christians" resorted to insulting eache other and name calling because they did not agree on a concept or on a point of Christianity. Discussing religion and denomations of any kind have always been hot topics and I am as gulity as any in feeling resentment (or what ever I was feeling) when I read something I didn't agree with and asserted my views at the right one. I am ashamed of myself and I ask forgiveness of anyone I have behaved badly toward.

In a post to Mungo, I realized what I was doing and felt ashamed of myself. I was not following Christ's last command. I was not behaving Christ-like, which is what a Christian is. As I read others doing the same time, I became discouraged becaused all I wanted was to talk to other people who loved Christ and I thought about finding a different site. Then I realized people are the same everywhere, these are my brothers and sisters and I need to love them.

I want to thank Mungo for making me realize how selfish, self-righteous, and opinionated I was. He took the time to explain to me something I didn't know about his belief and showed me Christ's last command. I love you, Mungo.
It's easier to discuss than debate ~ and easier to love than to hate. Thank you GD, you are a wonderful example of God's love.