Love, what is it really?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

christs-love

Sep 23, 2011
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Love, what is it really? ESV 1 Corinthians 12:31 But earnestly desire the higher gifts. And I will show you a still more excellent way.

ESV John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

ESV Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand

1 Corinthians 13English Standard Version Anglicised (ESVUK)

The Way of Love

13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[
a] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[
b] 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

With my tears I prayed to God to obtain the gift of love for you and for me, and to live a holy life.

Pray for one another without ceasing; please ask others to do the same. Thank you

Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Love, what is it really? ESV 1 Corinthians 12:31 But earnestly desire the higher gifts. And I will show you a still more excellent way.

ESV John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

ESV Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand

1 Corinthians 13English Standard Version Anglicised (ESVUK)

The Way of Love

13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[
a] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[
b] 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

With my tears I prayed to God to obtain the gift of love for you and for me, and to live a holy life.

Pray for one another without ceasing; please ask others to do the same. Thank you
I thought it was Charity ! that was the greatest.

Get yourself a better Bible than that satanic new age muck that bastardises the reality.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You said "what is love?", not "what [will be] love?"

Love is a bond.

But that's not what it will be: it will be a "greatness" of love.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love is showing proper respect to nature, trees and living things as God's creation.

Love is caring for the planet and environment as God's creation.

Love is showing compassion to your fellow man as God's creation.

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love, what is it really?
Not a "what", so much as a "who" - God.

1 John 4:8,16.
1Jn 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.​
1Jn 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.​

• Love
Reactions: Gottservant

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Love, what is it really?​

Love IS DOING what is best for an other regardless of the consequences.
Love IS the emotional FEELING for doing what is best for an other.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love is wanting what's best for someone or something.

• Love
Reactions: Lambano

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Which Bible do you recommend?
AKJV or old RC Bibles pre 1970, I have a 1953 and 1961 RC Bible called Action Edition, they are better than the Authorized King James Version, with the words of Jesus in Red.
The 1961 RC one has the words of Jesus in Red. but is 9KG the other about 7KG.
So the others are so light and some have other good points to them as well.
I have many other Bibles as well, but for looking for a better meaning I may have 3 Bibles out in the same point so as to get a better handle on an issue.

I went to by a new top of the shelf RC Bible say 10 years ago and looked through it and was shocked that it was such a trash 3rd rate Bible, that I had to fine another RC Bible that was worthy of my 1953 one. So other than that I like the AKJV.

When I was young I hated the KJV because of the old English would drive me up the wall, so I found a Good News Bible a good thing, but had no OT.

I have a real old OT only Bible as well I find that interesting wordings.

So as for recommending, well that's up to where one is at as to depth one wants to seek.
I have read some shocking so called Bibles that have been so bastardised that I was shocked, fearing that one who reading such would miss points of real value totally they were so corrupted. made by people who are of this world clearly who knew nothing of God, such lost the plot for it was not of God ? but of Mans works. such shocking horror that I had to toss the book away for someone would read that Soulless dribble.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love is wanting what's best for someone or something.
Along those lines, I ran into this definition of love when researching the Greek word "agape" for a Bible Study:

Agape love is when the happiness and wellbeing of the one loved is essential to the happiness and well-being of the one loving.

"Love seeketh not it's own."

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Love is doing something for someone when you really don’t want to do it