make up of people viewpoints

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

make up of people

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what are people made of?

1. Spirit, Soul and Body – the Tripartite nature of Man aka trichotomy

2. Bipartite aka dichotomic

3. Monistic, CONSTITUENT,

Seventh Day Adventist and Jehovah's Witness believe this view.

covers all three views: Louis Berkhof: Systematic Theology - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question 2: Where are the mind, emotions in people?

I am guessing both are the heart which is in the brain.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure how to answer this poll or question because I'm one who can't confine myself to terms that are assumed.

I don't find the "people" part of the equation mentioned or defined in an anthropomorphic sense in the Bible.

I'm a Seventh-day Adventist and I confess I don't vary from the orthodox Adventist view of this general subject, but I don't see "wholistic" as being synonymous with "monistic" at all.

But I do find that in interpreting beliefs that are not Orthodox in mainstream Christianity, there is a definite tendency to restate them in terms that often don't seem very accurately representative of their true intent.

Sadly, this is far too often done by those of my own community of faith.

Reactions: The Learner

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure how to answer this poll
My thoughts exactly. The answers are a set of false alternatives, eliminating other possibilities without explanation or justification.

I prefer not to put a number to the aspects of a person as there is no need to do so. And I wonder why the OP thinks it matters. What if we are 7, 17 or 824 or trillions. What difference does it make?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice.

3 parts.
Ding, ding! We have a winner!

Hi, Mr. E.! How's Old Town? I hear Tijuana is the per Capita murder capital of the world these days. I used to walk up and down the streets of TJ as a teenager in the '70s feeling perfectly safe.

My dad was stationed at NTC as a Company Commander (goofy Navy title for Drill Instructor/Sgt). I hear they've folded up.

:waves:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to have to go with this, in the Word, spirit, soul and body.

"Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."
(1 Thessalonians 5:23 )

Reactions: BarneyFife