Man to Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5:1-11 sets forth the terms on which God is with you. Chapter 8 is how you are in Christ before Him. Many are occupied with chapter 8 who are not yet established in chapter 5. They must be taken in divine order. When you look up to God you see everything gone to His satisfaction; but when you look at yourself you are troubled with the working of sin. Why is this! You must change your man; that is the only solution to the difficulty.

In the first eleven verses of chapter 5, you see that everything has been established for you to God’s satisfaction. In the latter half of the chapter it is, you must change your man; it is not to be Adam, but Christ. I ask, with what man are you connected, Adam or Christ? You will never know that you are dead to sin until you have changed from Adam to Christ!

You can never rise up to how you are to be before God until you are enjoying the terms on which He is with you. The prodigal was brought in to share the joy of the father (he wanted to be his father’s again in any way possible, though he was esteemed as well as any other—NC). How much is really lost by not seeing that the love of God has brought us to Himself; that is the true beginning of growth. We have not begun aright if we do not see this.

You could not be in the Holiest and not be settled about yourself. If you refer to your sins you are not settled (in peace, knowing there is never a time we aren’t in God’s forgiveness—NC) as to yourself; when you are settled you are not occupied with yourself and your sins; you are clear of sins, the flesh, self (old self—NC) and everything, and pass into the Holiest to be occupied with Him (2Co 3:18). If you are walking in the Spirit, you are occupied with the Lord Jesus, and not with the flesh; you have entered on new ground outside of everything here.

In the Lord’s Supper you are calling Him to mind. He died on this earth, and you are occupied with that great fact. In conclusion, the great mark of God’s favor in OT times was, “I will be with thee” (Gen 26:3; 31:3; Exo 3:12; etc.—NC), and that is not withdrawn. He says to us, “I will never leave thee” (Heb 13:5). But besides this great favor there is a greater favor now, and that is, You shall have “part with Me” (Jhn 13:8). You do not lose the first because you have the second; but you are brought into another and greater favor.

The Lord grant that we may each of us be more awakened to the futility of accepting the Word of God with the mind of man, and thus limiting it to man. Many think that because they have the light of a truth that they are in the reality of it. No! You may know the whole Bible, and have much light, but there is no growth beyond the measure of the Spirit’s work in you.

—J B Stoney

MJS daily devotional excerpt for February 19

“Early in the Christian life we naturally feel that it is our obligation to overcome self and become spiritual. We do not yet realize that time and processing are required before we are able to give up self-effort for our growth. It is the work of the Holy Spirit, not our obligation. “God hath chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit” (2 Thess. 2:13).”—Miles J Stanford

“The self-life is surely our first and most bitter foe, and the believer who will serve God acceptably must learn His way of victory over this subtle and dangerous enemy. The flesh is irrecoverably fallen and you and I make no real progress in the Christian life until we have learned in experience to say with the apostle: ‘For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh dwelleth no good thing’ (Rom. 7:18).” - John Galway M'Vicker (1826-1900)
None But The Hungry Heart (recommend reading the rest)

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5:1-11 sets forth the terms on which God is with you. Chapter 8 is how you are in Christ before Him. Many are occupied with chapter 8 who are not yet established in chapter 5. They must be taken in divine order. When you look up to God you see everything gone to His satisfaction; but when you look at yourself you are troubled with the working of sin. Why is this! You must change your man; that is the only solution to the difficulty.

—J B Stoney

MJS daily devotional excerpt for February 19
“Early in the Christian life we naturally feel that it is our obligation to overcome self and become spiritual. We do not yet realize that time and processing are required before we are able to give up self-effort for our growth. It is the work of the Holy Spirit, not our obligation. “God hath chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit” (2 Thess. 2:13).”—Miles J Stanford

“The self-life is surely our first and most bitter foe, and the believer who will serve God acceptably must learn His way of victory over this subtle and dangerous enemy. The flesh is irrecoverably fallen and you and I make no real progress in the Christian life until we have learned in experience to say with the apostle: ‘For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh dwelleth no good thing’ (Rom. 7:18).” - John Galway M'Vicker (1826-1900)
All of these men are making the same great point, which was also made by the Apostle Paul. Christ came to be our perfect substitute, relieving us of the guilt of Man who had walked away from living in God's Word. Christ was the Word and lived the Word, and he came to do so on our behalf.

When we choose to live in Christ we are choosing to embrace all that he did for us--not what we can do for ourselves. He gave us legal rights that we would not have on our own. He gave us righteousness that we did not earn.

If we focus on him and what he has done for us, we can relieve ourselves of some of the stress associated with failure that unavoidably accompanies our life. There is always a place reserved for us in the unsurpassed love of Christ.

Thank you for a very important point that we need to keep attached to our belt at all times. :)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
but when you look at yourself you are troubled with the working of sin.
This ill fated writer does not understand what it means to have BECOME...= a "new Creation in Christ".

And if you told them, that the born again has become "the righteousness of God, in Christ" they would not have a clue.

You can always tell when a teacher has no idea what the Cross of Christ has accomplished, as they always talk about Sin, and the Old Man, in a way that shows you that they have not understood that "the old man of sin is crucified with Christ".

Teachers who do not understand God's Grace, or the New Testament, obsess about sin, and sinning, and having trouble with sin, and they usually obsess about Law and Commandments.

Reader, This is not the one you need to follow or study or embrace.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This ill fated writer does not understand what it means to have BECOME...= a "new Creation in Christ".
Regardless of what we gain in the Lord Jesus, we will continue to have sin, because of possessing a sin nature (flesh). Coming out ahead of the sin nature is knowing the permanent forgiveness of God, and is where our primary victory over sin lies.

There are many Christians who have yet to realize you do not have to allow yourself to be discouraged because sin and the sin nature ("old man"); seeing we are permanently forgiven, and not considered a part of the old man (Ro 8:9).

We endure the difficulties from the physical results due to our sin, but never have to allow ourselves to be troubled from the guilt we had in it when we were a part of them.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In the first eleven verses of chapter 5, you see that everything has been established for you to God’s satisfaction. In the latter half of the chapter it is, you must change your man; it is not to be Adam, but Christ. I ask, with what man are you connected, Adam or Christ? You will never know that you are dead to sin until you have changed from Adam to Christ!

The guy is just speculating without staying with what the Romans 5 and Romans 8 Scripture teaches.

Romans 5, the 'whole'... chapter, is about what Lord Jesus Christ did for the sinner, His having died on the cross for those who believe on Him, forgiving our sins that are past (Rom.3:25).

Romans 8 is about no condemnation for those who REMAIN in their WALK with Jesus Christ in The Spirit, which Paul by that is giving a CONDITION. Romans 8 then contrasts what Christ did on His cross with the law which cannot save. Paul then condemns the flesh and the act of living after our flesh, a teaching which Churches today have mostly forgotten! For in 1 Corinthians 15:50 Paul also said that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, neither does corruption (flesh) inherit incorruption (spiritual body). Paul then shows us about the Spirit being what is important, and that if we walk by The Spirit, then are we the sons of God.

Then in Romans 8:18-25, Paul shows how God even placed His creation in vanity, in bondage to corruption along with us, and that even today's creation seeks a release from bondage of imperfection, along with our mortal souls in Christ.

Then Paul changes the subject again in Romans 8 about Christ's elect who were called before the foundation of this world, a subject Paul also covers in Ephesians.

So there's a huge difference between men's 'leaven' sayings and writings vs. covering the actual Bible Scripture content that is written. Sadly, literary talent is seen as more important in this present world than actually sticking to the Truth.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The guy is just speculating without staying with what the Romans 5 and Romans 8 Scripture teaches.
Hi, and thanks for the reply and comments. The crux of the article has to do with knowing the forgiveness of God, that it is permanent. I think many believers are unaware that they are always forgiven, and think they have to keep being forgiven in times of sin. Its not like we go in and out of His forgiveness; there's never a time when we aren't forgiven (1Jn 1:9).

Believers continue to "confess" sin and thus continue to remain forgiven; Knowing this is the main encouragement we are to receive; and being encouraged is one of the most important aspects of being a Christian and is something we must always keep afresh, because it confirms our faith in Christ's expiation of all our sin.

When the "old man" keeps pressing us concerning guilt, we are to put it off, and know our forgiveness! One cannot be forgiven by God and be guilty!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And if you told them, that the born again has become "the righteousness of God, in Christ" they would not have a clue.

You can always tell when a teacher has no idea what the Cross of Christ has accomplished, as they always talk about Sin, and the Old Man, in a way that shows you that they have not understood that "the old man of sin is crucified with Christ".

Teachers who do not understand God's Grace, or the New Testament, obsess about sin, and sinning, and having trouble with sin, and they usually obsess about Law and Commandments.

Reader, This is not the one you need to follow or study or embrace.

You made a really good point that I do agree with, but you ended it harshly. Let the reader decide for themselves, for those with ears to hear. jmo.

Anyway, I am the righteousness in Christ. I understand this. But the thing that many people seem to not remember is that, when the Lrd looks upon us, all He sees is our spirit. (God has no dealings with the flesh, the carnal.) so the Lord see us (in Him) as righteous. I was born again in Spirit. That must not be discounted just because you dont like the man in the mirror.

Walk according to your spirit and not your soul or flesh. and keep your perspective. You are a new man in Christ. The old man has been crucified with Christ. Those are not empty words, they are huge! Be willing to accept your identity in Christ. Say no to the soul & flesh. Do I hold myself to be sinless?

Yes and no, I'll explain. Paul said it is the man in the mirror that sins for sin dwells within him until Jesus returns. But sin does not reside in the spirit! I do not live a lifestyle of sin and since I identify with my spirit I hold myself to be sinless. I do stumble at times and sin but like Paul said, it is not I, but sin which dwelleth in the flesh..

Stop identifying as sinful. Identify yourself with Christ, believe what His Word says, worship in spirit and truth, walk after the spirit, be led by the spirit...afterall, you are the Righteousness of God in Christ!

You're either born again or your not.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Believers continue to "confess" sin and thus continue to remain forgiven;

Thats a lie.

And that lie is proof that you have no understanding of the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.

ZERO.

See, your LIE, that your Lying teachers have taught you, from those books and commentaries that you always post, instead of using a BiBLE....

This LIE that is YOUR Lie..... that all legalists teach about 1 Jn... is shown here.

1.) "God hagh made Jesus to BE SIN for US"..

"SIN">. = PLURAL

"US"= The born again.

We dont CONFESS, what God has taken care of Through Christ on the Cross.

Read 2 Corinthians 5:19 and John 3:17 and Romans 4:8....for the UPDATE.. (Try a Bible).

And before you run and grab your next heresy, from your next commentary......to post here..... which is this that all liars teach... "well, only the sin you committed until you are saved are forgiven".

Have you ever heard that Lie?
You teach it, , @Netchaplain
All Legalist teach that same lie.

So, let the NT correct your Theological heresy,..

NOTICE>...

"Jesus is the ONE TIME..... ETERNAL......Sacrifice for SIN">... Offered by GOD.

So, when you teach the lie that..."im only saved as long as i continue to confess sin".... then this proves you have no understanding of the Blood Atonement, or the New Covenant, or the New Testament..
You are in fact trusting in "sin confessing" to try to go to heaven,.. and that is CHRIST Rejection, that pretends to be faith in Jesus.
It not Faith in Christ...At all.

Therefore, before you run back in here to post some other MAN's theological nonsense, again and again.... you best take a close look at the word ...
ETERNAL ...= in that verse, and FIGURE OUT What that means.
If you need a dictionary, to figure it out, then there are many online that can define "ETERNAL" for you.
Get busy.

• Wow
Reactions: MA2444

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats a lie.
Confessing our sins to God is how we maintain fellowship with God. If we don't realize and "confess" our sins, we can't know God's forgiveness (1Jn 1:9). If we do know how to identify our sin, we are to ask God to show us our sin, so we can confess them and repent of them. Confessed sin is irrelevant is there is not repentance (discontinue the sin) of the sin confessed!

Reactions: MA2444

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believers continue to "confess" sin and thus continue to remain forgiven;

Thats a lie.

And that lie is proof that you have no understanding of the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.

ZERO.

See, your LIE, that your Lying teachers have taught you, from those books and commentaries that you always post, instead of using a BiBLE....

Forgive me, Sister, but, blah blah blah. Get your perspective. What you seem to have missed is that, Righteous believers do confess their sins, that is, their willful sins. When we willfully sin and go against our conscience (spirit) we turn our backs to the Lord and say I will make this decision... Hebrews 6 talks all about this. They have fallen away when they willfully sinned. Now the blood of Jesus covers a multitude of sins! But! Ye have not if ye ask not! King David kept asking and kept asking (Psalm 51) and because he did keep asking...he is said to be a man after God's own heart!

Hebrews 6:
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.../KJV

So we should repent and ask forgiveness for the sins and confess the sins to Him. He is faithful and just to forgive all sins. But if you willfully sin and do not ask forgiveness for it then you are in sin, having turned your back on God. People who go ahead and willfully sin and keep the lifestyle on the belief that they are forgiven and will be saved...are wrong and may pay for it with their eternal souls. God will not be mocked!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Confessing our sins to God is how we maintain fellowship with God.

That's another lie.
You'll filled with them, theologically speaking as your posts keep on proving.
And its good that you are lying, as this allow the members who find my posts, to see what Cross Denying Heresy looks like and sounds like when its taught.

Let me explain somethen to you, @Netchaplain

Its the BLOOD of JESUS and the DEATH of Christ that IS our "fellowship" started, maintained, and completed, by God.

This is to be "born again", having become a "new Creation in Christ".

Our Relationship with God, is began by The Cross of Christ, as the "imputed Righteousness" that is "the GIFT of Righteousness" that God gives as an Eternal Status, based on..."Faith is counted as RIGHTEOUSNESS"> "Justification BY FAITH" without works or confessing or water baptism.

See that?

Welcome to : SALVATION

Its a "GIFT".

Its "the Blood Atonement".

Its to become "BORN....again."

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Confessing our sins to God is how we maintain fellowship with God.
That's another lie.
You'll filled with them, theologically speaking as your posts keep on proving.
And its good that you are lying, as this allow the members who find my posts, to see what Cross Denying Heresy looks like and sounds like when its taught.

Let me explain somethen to you, @Netchaplain

Its the BLOOD of JESUS and the DEATH of Christ that IS our "fellowship" started, maintained, and completed, by God.

I dont think you could be more confused.

What was the first thing that Adam & Eve did after they sinned? They hid from God. They were scared of fellowship with God now, they knew they had sinned and were ashamed.

WHen we have a weak moment and choose to willfully sin, it is an instant discouragement to fellowship with God for the believer. Right when he needs Jesus the most because he messed up, so he should be running to Him, saying, Lord forgive me, help me!! Instead, they dont pray before that night. They thought about praying in the morning but didnt...Hmm. They run away. That is no lie. I have done that myself.

Reactions: marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I dont think you could be more confused.

What was the first thing that Adam & Eve did after they sinned? They hid from God.

Perhaps you didn't notice yet, that there is no Cross of Christ, in the Garden of Eden.
There is no 'new Covenant"
There is no "New Testament".
No : law of moses or 10 commandments.
Noone is Born again.. in the Garden of Eden.

Understand?

So, you are the confused one., as God tells the born again to "come BOLDLY to the Throne of Grace to get Help, in time of Need".

That has nothing to do with "being scared of God and hiding"... as you are worrying about.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you didn't notice yet, that there is no Cross of Christ, in the Garden of Eden.
There is no 'new Covenant"
There is no "New Testament".
No : law of moses or 10 commandments.
Noone is Born again.. in the Garden of Eden.

Understand?

So, you are the confused one., as God tells the born again to "come BOLDLY to the Throne of Grace to get Help, in time of Need".

That has nothing to do with "being scared of God and hiding"... as you are worrying about.

Sigh. Adam & Eve are demonstrating that they have a conscience. They went against their conscience which was sin. They fell.
Hebrews 6:
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.../KJV

If I am wrong, then oh Sister please help me I am confused here. Can you help me out and unpack that verse for me and tell me what it means from Hebrews 6.

Because if I am wrong then I dunno what that vesre really means. Please help.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't find concepts like Faith, Grace, and Confession to be difficult. We can over work them until they are almost unrecognizable. What keeps them on a level path is when we live them. If anybody wishes to displace Christ as the source of God's love, then he is seeking followers, and not truth. He is perverting the truth. While we are preaching doctrine we must remember to always reflect the love for which God provided His Salvation. In that way we are giving glory to God, and not to ourselves as teachers.

1 John 2.2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Sigh. Adam & Eve are demonstrating that they have a conscience.

Your post is unrelated to the conversation im having with NetChaplin.

If I am wrong, then oh Sister please help me I am confused here.

Im not your sister, little one.

And...Yes you're wrong and confused.
Ive already posted why.

Can you help me out and unpack that verse for me and tell me what it means from Hebrews 6.

Are you a Old Testament Hebrew (JEW)... who has rejected Christ until your death? ("willfully sin)..""trodden under foot the Blood of Jesus".. "done despite to the Spirit of Grace""
If you are then you are dead 2000 yrs ago, and in hell and some heretic stole your alt.

See, Hebrews 6 and 10 and Acts 28:28, are all the same.
These verses are not speaking to the Born again Christian.

Because if I am wrong then I dunno what that vesre really means. Please help.

"Help" has to do with you listening, with your mouth closed.
See, you just want to argue, and you are not interested in anything but redundantly teaching what you've been taught by Cross denying heretics.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your post is unrelated to the conversation im having with NetChaplin.

Im not your sister, little one.

And...Yes you're wrong and confused.
Ive already posted why.

Are you a Old Testament Hebrew (JEW)... who has rejected Christ until your death? ("willfully sin)..""trodden under foot the Blood of Jesus".. "done despite to the Spirit of Grace""
If you are then you are dead 2000 yrs ago, and in hell and some heretic stole your alt.

See, Hebrews 6 and 10 and Acts 28:28, are all the same.
These verses are not speaking to the Born again Christian.

"Help" has to do with you listening, with your mouth closed.
See, you just want to argue, and you are not interested in anything but redundantly teaching what you've been taught by Cross denying heretics.

So you can't tell me what that verse even means.

I thought we was all Brothers & Sisters? If that offends you, you may have a problem.

You just dont like it that I agreed with the man, lol. Ok. Whatever you say.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born again..... dont confess sin, to stay saved.

Heretics do.

And if you dont understand why, then you have no actual understanding of the BLOOD Atonement.
As I said, it's EASY to understand confession and salvation. Don't over complicate it. Just live it.