MARK 6:3 DID JESUS HAVE BROTHERS AND SISTERS ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You missed the entire point of verses 67-68. Jesus just lost the BULK of His disciples in verse 66 because they couldn't handle what He was telling them:
John 6:53-55
So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is TRUE FOOD, and my blood is TRUE DRINK.

His words were SPIRITUAL - but that doesn't mean "metaphorical" or "symbolic".
Does He say, "You missed the point! I wasn't speaking literally - I only meant it 'figuratively'."
NO - He turns to the Apostles and doubles-down by asking them, "Do you ALSO want to leave?"

Peter's answer is perfect because although they didn't fully understand what He was talking about until the Last Supper - he stated that their faith in Him would carry them through.

For YOU to imply that Jesus's flesh profits "NOTHING" indicates your lack of faith in His perfect sacrifice . . .

Peter as a prophet was given words from the father, the father gives the understanding .Why attempt to make the word of God without effect?

He did not miss any point its easy to see a parable in in veiw .Its an abomination to drink literal blood.

While the life of the flesh is in the blood that life is spiritual not seen. literal blood without the spirit has no life. Just as faith without works is dead .

The corrupted dying flesh in John 6 is referring to that of Jesus the Son of man, he inherited his corrupted flesh from our sister in the lord, Mary. It is the unseen power of the father not seen did profit a faith issue

Again Peter agreed he did not say. . . Lord, to whom shall we go? thou has the flesh of eternal life.

His word is Spirit and life. The power of faith, no power of dying flesh l. No such thing as eternal flesh. The corrupted thing of this world will not enter the new order.

Romans informs us Jesus who knew no sin. . . his flesh is used in a one time outward demonstration of the father and Him it must be signified as sinful as all flesh is.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

When the Son of God came as Melchisedek it was a vision or theophany representing flesh but not literal flesh .Literal flesh was needed to complete the demonstration again a must.

Hebrews 6:20 Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Nothing is attributed to our dear sitter in the Lord Mary she also lived in a body of death that returned to the dust from where it was taken from. Therefore two working as one is what was required . No Father. no Son

You must have meant I lack sight not faith. Faith is that not seen revealed in parables .Parables

The spiritual meaning of drink the blod as it relates to men . The law states it must be poured out to it can retun to the dust from were it came form The unsen spirit given in jeopardy of one own life solves the mystery made know in the parables .

Like the Jehovah Witnesses or Catholicism neither seek the spiritual understanding in the parables . One teaches that which goes into ones mouth is not what it appears to be a literal wafer saying it turns in blood as in cannibalism The other simply forbid it .

The Bible uses water falling from heaven to represent the unseen Holy Spirit .Literal blood must be poured out to show spirit life was given

Below David is in jail and God sends a the water of the gospel to supply his needed of encouragement .

1 Chronicles 11:19 16 And David was then in the hold, and the Philistines' garrison was then at Bethlehem. And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, that is at the gate! And said, My God forbid it me, that I should do this thing: shall I drink the blood of these men that have put their lives in jeopardy? for with the jeopardy of their lives they brought it. Therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mightiest.

Clearly to "drink blood" is to give one life in jeopardy of his own the price of savation .The work of the father and Son

Lean what it means to walk by faith then you will not carry out the desires to lust after the flesh the lust of the eyes they at the most produce false pride.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter as a prophet was given words from the father, the father gives the understanding .Why attempt to make the word of God without effect?

He did not miss any point its easy to see a parable in in veiw .Its an abomination to drink literal blood.

While the life of the flesh is in the blood that life is spiritual not seen. literal blood without the spirit has no life. Just as faith without works is dead .

The corrupted dying flesh in John 6 is referring to that of Jesus the Son of man, he inherited his corrupted flesh from our sister in the lord, Mary. It is the unseen power of the father not seen did profit a faith issue

Again Peter agreed he did not say. . . Lord, to whom shall we go? thou has the flesh of eternal life.

His word is Spirit and life. The power of faith, no power of dying flesh l. No such thing as eternal flesh. The corrupted thing of this world will not enter the new order.

Romans informs us Jesus who knew no sin. . . his flesh is used in a one time outward demonstration of the father and Him it must be signified as sinful as all flesh is.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

When the Son of God came as Melchisedek it was a vision or theophany representing flesh but not literal flesh .Literal flesh was needed to complete the demonstration again a must.

Hebrews 6:20 Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Nothing is attributed to our dear sitter in the Lord Mary she also lived in a body of death that returned to the dust from where it was taken from. Therefore two working as one is what was required . No Father. no Son

You must have meant I lack sight not faith. Faith is that not seen revealed in parables .Parables

The spiritual meaning of drink the blod as it relates to men . The law states it must be poured out to it can retun to the dust from were it came form The unsen spirit given in jeopardy of one own life solves the mystery made know in the parables .

Like the Jehovah Witnesses or Catholicism neither seek the spiritual understanding in the parables . One teaches that which goes into ones mouth is not what it appears to be a literal wafer saying it turns in blood as in cannibalism The other simply forbid it .

The Bible uses water falling from heaven to represent the unseen Holy Spirit .Literal blood must be poured out to show spirit life was given

Below David is in jail and God sends a the water of the gospel to supply his needed of encouragement .

1 Chronicles 11:19 16 And David was then in the hold, and the Philistines' garrison was then at Bethlehem. And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, that is at the gate! And said, My God forbid it me, that I should do this thing: shall I drink the blood of these men that have put their lives in jeopardy? for with the jeopardy of their lives they brought it. Therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mightiest.

Clearly to "drink blood" is to give one life in jeopardy of his own the price of savation .The work of the father and Son

Lean what it means to walk by faith then you will not carry out the desires to lust after the flesh the lust of the eyes they at the most produce false pride.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world
Thank you for yet another LONG-WINDED rant, but you said nothing - explained nothing.

The fact is that you deny the plain words of Scripture.
Time for a Bible and linguistics lesson . . .

In the Bread of Life Discourse (John 6:25-71), our Lord emphatically states that unless we eat his FLESH and drink his BLOOD, we have no life within us. He goes on to say “For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.” Interestingly, the usual Greek word used for human eating is “phagon”, however, this is NOT the word used in these passages. John uses the word, “trogon”, which means, to munch or to gnaw - like an animal. Jesus was again using hyperbole as he often did to drive his point across so that the crowd would understand that he was NOT speaking metaphorically. He meant what he said.

You are right that the life is in the blood - and THAT is why there was a prohibition against consuming the blood of animals.
However - there is ONE whose life you want to have in you - and that is Christ. Just as the Passover Lamb was to be consumed - it is ALSO true for the Lamb of God - our Paschal Lamb.