Marrying The Same Blood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johnoneone

Feb 11, 2011

Oh, but Scripture does say they were twins with two different fathers.

If you think so. The bible is used to teach all sorts of things the discovery channels ancient aliens is a good example. Hours of telling people that the bible was written by people that saw aliens from space as god. It doesn't mean its true.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
If you think so. The bible is used to teach all sorts of things the discovery channels ancient aliens is a good example. Hours of telling people that the bible was written by people that saw aliens from space as god. It doesn't mean its true.

Have you ever read Ezekiel 1? It tells you about the vehicle God used. Read it sometime. How do you think we built the Great Pyramid?

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Have you ever read Ezekiel 1? It tells you about the vehicle God used. Read it sometime. How do you think we built the Great Pyramid?

So, Tom Webster....you are a believer in aliens too. :)

I think I understand what Johnoneone means though. The Ancient Alien series is really interesting but you have to wade through a love of stuff...evolution, alien DNA as our creator, etc. They're definitely worth watching and I believe they contain a lot of truth but many untruths too.

The most interesting to me are the two about underground and underwater bases. If you haven't seen them yet...give them a try. I guess my point is, I don't know if Johnoneone is dismissing aliens wholelheartedly or dismissing the extra theories they've added.

I do wonder about the pyramid....was it constructed in this age or left from the previous one?

Johnoneone

Feb 11, 2011
Fallen Angels in history presented themselves as gods. Today they are called aliens flying UFOs. The construction of the GP may well have been over see by the God of Abraham.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Fallen Angels in history presented themselves as gods. Today they are called aliens flying UFOs. The construction of the GP may well have been over see by the God of Abraham.

Good morning Johnoneone, :)

From the above I assume you too believe alien visits are literally happening and aren't weather balloons or swamp gas? :lol:

The thing about these events is...there are two sides to the coin. God sends messengers just as Satan has his forces.

11 Corinthians 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.​

I understand the above spiritually...false teachers appearing as Christians but, will Satan's fallen angels also appear as God's angels?

As for the Great Pyramid....I too believe God was it's Overseer. The question I have is when?

Isaiah 19:19-21 In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD. And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the LORD because of the oppressors, and He shall send them a Saviour, and a Great One, and He shall deliver them. And the LORD shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the LORD in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the LORD, and perform it.​

archaeologist5

Mar 3, 2011
The Adamic line produced the Hebrews. The Hebrews produced the Israelites....all of which were Adamic.

the bible tells us that ALL men descended from adam. the hebrews were and are the israelites.

Incest is a big wrong!

the banning of incest came much later AFTER the flood or there would be NO people alive today?

It is within us to know things without being taught things.

really?? chapter and verse which tells you that please.

As for the event between Canaan and his grandmother....it's there for you to see or deny

you are reading into a passage that does NOT state what took place.

there were two fathers involved in the Cain / Abel children. There are scriptures indicating they were twins

wrong again and you IGNORE the verse that CLEARLY states that Adam was the father of cain as well as abel.

God created mankind on day six. God formed Adam after the seventh day. All races were not from one man and woman

this is completely wrong, 1 Cor. 15:45; Gen. 1; there is only one race of people not 4

Three sons were born; Adam being the father of two as

wrong again. ignoring the same verses which clearlystate that adam was father of all 3

Cain's name is also missing from Luke Chapter 3.

so?

but Scripture does say they were twins with two different fathers.

chapter and verse

think we built the Great Pyramid?

'we' didn't build the pyramids, the egyptians did and even that is iffy.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the bible tells us that ALL men descended from adam. the hebrews were and are the israelites.

the banning of incest came much later AFTER the flood or there would be NO people alive today?

really?? chapter and verse which tells you that please.

wrong again and you IGNORE the verse that CLEARLY states that Adam was the father of cain as well as abel.

this is completely wrong, 1 Cor. 15:45; Gen. 1; there is only one race of people not 4

wrong again. ignoring the same verses which clearlystate that adam was father of all 3

so?

chapter and verse

Self-published......jumping bands....lol.....I see you :)

archaeologist5

Mar 3, 2011
that verse doesn't prove your point nor does it make the claim that they were twins. it does prove that cain came from adam though just like abel.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007

No, all men didn't descend from Adam. The Hebrews did and some of them are Isralites. Lot, for instance...was Hebrew but not of Israel.

What is wrong now was wrong then.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.​

Please understand....Adam was the first man, in the line to Christ...not the first man on earth.

WW - It is within us to know things without being taught things.

Arc 5 - really?? chapter and verse which tells you that please.

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:​

It is evident to me.

Again? Where was the first one? :D No verse tells us Adam was the father of Cain.

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.​
That speaks of the Adamic line...the line from which our Savior was born.

The men mentioned in Genesis 1 refer to...mankind, all races. Adam was formed as written in the second chapter.

Please quote the verse.

So? Not having Cain listed isn't important to you?

chapter and verse

It has already been explained to you but I'll try again....

Genesis 4:1-2 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.​

To again bare is to continue in labor. She had twins. Now as for Cain...at his delivery she said, "I have gotten a man from the Lord." Was Adam the Lord? Did she mean the Lord God or did she refer to Satan...the serpent disguised as a shining angelic being?

Do you think maybe "we" could refer to mankind as the builders of the pyramid? :blink:

archaeologist5

Mar 3, 2011
i sit here trying to figure out how to answer the above poster. it is clear that he has no grasp of scripture or what it means and that makes it difficult to explain what God was saying in those verses and one cannot merely give an opinion for then it is not of God and a waste of time.

No, all men didn't descend from Adam. The Hebrews did and some of them are Isralites. Lot, for instance...was Hebrew but not of Israel.

Lot was NOT Hebrew, he was chaldean as was Abraham. gen, 11: 27- 12: 1.

legitimate proof for the bolded words, please. since noah was a descndent of adam as were his sons and all their wives, yes, all men have descended from adam. there is only 1 race of people.

What is wrong now was wrong then.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Please understand....Adam was the first man, in the line to Christ...not the first man on earth.

first off you are wrong as we know that incest was not outlawed until long after the flood. second, you have no scripture to back up either point you are making and no legitimate proof to support your claims. 1 tim. 2:13

For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

i do not think you understand the words here. for if you were correct then the nazis and the japanese would not have committed the atrocities they did in ww2, nor would so many other dictators.

No verse tells us Adam was the father of Cain.

you quote it later in your post.

To again bare is to continue in labor.

i am sorry but you do not know what you are talking about.

Do you think maybe "we" could refer to mankind

no,

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
i sit here trying to figure out how to answer the above poster. it is clear that he has no grasp of scripture or what it means and that makes it difficult to explain what God was saying in those verses and one cannot merely give an opinion for then it is not of God and a waste of time.

Instead of sitting there trying to argue...sit there trying to understand.

Abraham and Lot crossed the Eber. The Hebrews began.

legitimate proof for the bolded words, please. since noah was a descndent of adam as were his sons and all their wives, yes, all men have descended from adam. there is only 1 race of people.

One race of people? :lol: There is one race of Adamic people. There is another race of Oriental people. There is another race of, of, of.......

first off you are wrong as we know that incest was not outlawed until long after the flood. second, you have no scripture to back up either point you are making and no legitimate proof to support your claims. 1 tim. 2:13

What is a sin now was a sin then. Adam being first formed and then Eve [1 Tim.2:13] has no bearing on anything we are discussing.

i do not think you understand the words here. for if you were correct then the nazis and the japanese would not have committed the atrocities they did in ww2, nor would so many other dictators.

It is you with the inability to understand or...you have an ego so big you won't admit your error. Either way...it's not good. What evil people do has no bearing on the quote. Please take time and reread it....ask for understanding if you need assistance.

you quote it later in your post.

No, you believe it does but you are in error.

i am sorry but you do not know what you are talking about.

Oh, I'm still learning but on these points I'm certain I know what I'm talking about.

Then again....you are mistaken. :D

calbhach

Feb 16, 2011
In reference to Cain being the son of Adam and Eve, it IS clear that Cain was Adam's son. When it said that he "knew" Eve, it meant that he made love to her. Here are some alternate translations to clarify.

(NIV) - 1 Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of the LORD I have brought forth[c] a man.” 2 Later she gave birth to his brother Abel. Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil.
(New American Standard Bible) - 1Now the man had relations with his wife Eve, and she conceived and gave birth to Cain, and she said, "I have gotten a manchild with the help of the LORD." 2Again, she gave birth to his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of flocks, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
(New Living Translation) - 1 Now Adam had sexual relations with his wife, Eve, and she became pregnant. When she gave birth to Cain, she said, “With the Lord’s help, I have produced a man!” 2 Later she gave birth to his brother and named him Abel. When they grew up, Abel became a shepherd, while Cain cultivated the ground.
(Contemporary English Version) - 1Adam and Eve had a son. Then Eve said, "I'll name him Cain because I got him with the help of the LORD." 2Later she had another son and named him Abel. Abel became a sheep farmer, but Cain farmed the land.
(New Century Version) - 1 Adam had sexual relations with his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. Eve said, "With the Lord's help, I have given birth to a man."2 After that, Eve gave birth to Cain's brother Abel. Abel took care of flocks, and Cain became a farmer.

So Cain does, indeed, belong to Adam and Eve. :)

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

Abraham may have come from the land of Ur of the Chaldees, but the Bible did call Abraham a Hebrew; therefore, it stands to reason that Lot was also Hebrew because he was Abraham's nephew.

Genesis 14:13 And behold one that had escaped told Abram the Hebrew, who dwelt in the vale of Mambre the Amorrhite, the brother of Escol, and the brother of Aner: for these had made league with Abram

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009
In reference to Cain being the son of Adam and Eve, it IS clear that Cain was Adam's son. When it said that he "knew" Eve, it meant that he made love to her. Here are some alternate translations to clarify.

(NIV) - 1 Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of the LORD I have brought forth[c] a man.” 2 Later she gave birth to his brother Abel. Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil.
(New American Standard Bible) - 1Now the man had relations with his wife Eve, and she conceived and gave birth to Cain, and she said, "I have gotten a manchild with the help of the LORD." 2Again, she gave birth to his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of flocks, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
(New Living Translation) - 1 Now Adam had sexual relations with his wife, Eve, and she became pregnant. When she gave birth to Cain, she said, “With the Lord’s help, I have produced a man!” 2 Later she gave birth to his brother and named him Abel. When they grew up, Abel became a shepherd, while Cain cultivated the ground.
(Contemporary English Version) - 1Adam and Eve had a son. Then Eve said, "I'll name him Cain because I got him with the help of the LORD." 2Later she had another son and named him Abel. Abel became a sheep farmer, but Cain farmed the land.
(New Century Version) - 1 Adam had sexual relations with his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. Eve said, "With the Lord's help, I have given birth to a man."2 After that, Eve gave birth to Cain's brother Abel. Abel took care of flocks, and Cain became a farmer.

So Cain does, indeed, belong to Adam and Eve. :)

If Cain was Adams son it would have been listed in Adams genealogy.

In the book of Jasher which is mentioned in scriptures twice the sons of Adam were told not to breed with the sons of Cain.

When Cain was sent away from Adams family he was worried the someone in the world would kill him for being a murderer.
And God placed a mark on him so no one would harm him.
Who were the people he was worried about?
Seth wasn't even born yet and Abel was dead. It would have been just Adam and Eve alive?
Was Cain worried about Dad killing him? No

There were others here. This topic could open a can of worms.
Adam is not the Father of all men. "Adam is a Hebrew word used for man but means one that blushes in the face"
Not all men blush. The old testament was a very racial.

Care to explore it?

When Christ was called "Son of Man" it literally meant "Son of Adam"
The second Adam.

There were several words to describe MEN in the OT.
Lets look at a few.

When Eve bore Cain she said "the lord has given me a ISH(man)
ISh means man.
Adam is a different type of man and he nor his direct descendants were ever called ISH but always Adam(s)

Seth nor Abel were called Ish.
How did Eve know Cain was born an ISH and not an Adam?.
There is a distinction.

1Sa 15:29 And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man(ISH), that he should repent.

Num 23:19 God is not a man(Ish), that he should lie; neither the son of man(Adam), that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Now you can see that ISH-men were men that would lie rather than repent.
Adam(ites) were repented men.

Enoshe and Enoch also meant man. One was a typical man and the other was righteous.

Shlama

australia

Nov 25, 2010
Adam is a different type of man and he nor his direct descendants were ever called ISH but always Adam(s)

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband (H376) with her; and he did eat.

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man (H376) from the LORD.

H376
אישׁ
'ı̂ysh
eesh

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009
Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband (H376) with her; and he did eat.

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man (H376) from the LORD.

H376
אישׁ
'ı̂ysh
eesh
Yes I said Eve called Cain an ISH when he was born.

How did she know he was an Ish from birth?

Cain was never written in Adams lineage.
What is your point?

australia

Nov 25, 2010
What is your point?

You said Adam was never called iysh. Gen 3:6 shows otherwise.

You said: How did Eve know Cain was an iysh from birth?

I say I don't know, please tell.

I'm wondering how Eve knew anything about childbirth if she'd never seen it before. Why would she think a crying baby was a man?