Matthew 11:25-30

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. Psa 8:2 Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have ordained strength, Because of Your enemies, That You may silence the enemy and the avenger. (awe prophecy fulfilled
smile.gif
) Who are the wise and the prudent that Jesus spoke? It had to have been the teachers of the Law-would it not? The wise and the prudent had perverted, twisted and maligned the law, laying heavy burden on the uneducated, the poor, the women and the children, shaming these with their piety. Thus "have revealed them to babes" in this case would indicate any person who had been oppressed by the scribes, Pharisees, teachers of the law. The revelation that the "hidden things" "revealed to babes" is a step to freedom for the sake of their souls and glory to God. Mat 11:26 "Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. GOOD is a product and a benefit of justice. God the Father is just. His justice is a justice that often makes no sense to man. JUST: upright, blameless, righteous, conforming to God's laws and mans. The word was originally used to describe people who lived in accordance with "rule" "custom". In the NT it is used primarily of persons who correspond to the divine standard of right made possible through justification and sanctification (strong's) Mat 11:27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. Quite often we are told that we do not KNOW the Father. The above verse dispells that lie, for if we are chosen by the Son to have the Father revealed then we KNOW the Father... Jhn 17:20 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; Jhn 17:21 "that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. Jhn 17:22 "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: see here? we have been made one with the Father and the Son through Christ...just as the Father, the Son and the Spirit are One, through Christ the sons of God are one with the Father, Son and Spirit. We can put on childlike faith regarding this and be as the children Christ tells us to be...and we have dispelled the teaching of falseness. We believe this is true, why? Because He said it is so. And like our own children who believe every word we speak as complete and total truth because their faith in us is untainted and pure. And if God says it is so then we His children believe Him with faith that is untainted and pure. Hence childlike faith has been born through the just revelation of our Good Father! Mat 11:28 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Mat 11:29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Mat 11:30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." The children who were/are yet to come, those who will be termed as babes in Christ, only knew then and know today what man has/had put upon them. Man has wounded and hurt the souls of those carrying burden of profond weight. Piled onto the soul is garbage that deafens, blinds, hinders the little ones from coming into the fullness of Christ's genle and lowly heart. A heart that holds no ill intent toward His children, a heart that would NEVER harm a soul- a soul that bleeds for true love. His heart is lowly-it holds no pride, no arrogance. It is a pure heart, full of pure love, pure intention. In verse 29 Jesus is inviting all to shed the old tattered and torn, wounded and sullied clothing that man has dressed the soul in. And in its stead offereing the cleanliness and purity of Hik yoke and burden. Those who come to God through Christ have been gifted this very special gift. For in doing so they have shed and have buried in Christ's sacrifice all damage the world has brought upon their souls. This gift of profound proportions creates a right oder. Christ as Head, who is the perfected and completed law. This gift equals freedom from the bondage of wrong religion. It bridges the chasm created by ritualistic and tainted law. Our trust in Him gives us the freedom to shake loose of the oder of man whose "pride" "wisdom" and "knowledge" dictates an order of subserviance that is intended to chain us in guilt and shame. It is intended to create little gods full of self importance of a headship and an order that belongs to the enemy... Mat 11:18 "For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' Mat 11:19 "The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' But wisdom is justified by her children."