Meal time prayers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Christo,
Since I eat alone pretty much all the time, I do give thanks, and ask Him to bless the food to my body, and let it not bring me harm, in Jesus Name, Amen! :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Christo,
Since I eat alone pretty much all the time, I do give thanks, and ask Him to bless the food to my body, and let it not bring me harm, in Jesus Name, Amen! :)
@Nancy Especially after all this Covid business, solitude has become a big thing, right?

The Psalmist clearly felt similarly....

Psalm 130"

"Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O Lord.

2 Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.

3 If thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?

4 But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

5 I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.

6 My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.

7 Let Israel hope in the Lord: for with the Lord there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.

8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities."

Reactions: dev553344

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Christo,

Thanks Nancy... I might start doing that too...
Just have to find a nice neat way to say it as im clumsy with my words usually... I'll find one

PS... I love that white dove looking as white as snow on that black background on your avatar...:)

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Nancy... I might start doing that too...
Just have to find a nice neat way to say it as im clumsy with my words usually... I'll find one

PS... I love that white dove looking as white as snow on that black background on your avatar...:)
Thanks Cristo! God doesn't mind you being clumsy with your words, as long as our hearts are in it bro :)

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello

Should we not be offering up prayers of thanks giving all of the time as we transgress each and every day that we draw breath.

Why do we limit prayers of thanks giving only to the times that we eat our three main meals a day?

Why do we not offer up prayers of thanks giving while driving our cars from one place to another because God is keeping us safe within His Loving Embrace?

Why are we not thanking God in all that we are able to do?

Shalom

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Heavenly Father bless this meal that it may nourish and strengthen me. I am thankful to have food to eat, thank you heavenly Father. I pray that you will watch over me and my family and friends and deliver us from accident, injury, enemies and illness. In the name of Jesus the Christ Amen."

It's short but I think the jist of it is to give thanks as Jesus did before he ate. Which is to be thankful to have food to eat. Giving thanks to the Father.