Mennonites and the Doctrine of Eternal Security

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

At the 6:38 section of this video “Your Social Security Card is Insecure”, it mentions the term “Mennonite” which I’m familair with since there is a church related to the Mennonite in my city. It reminds me of a friend of mine who told me they lost their Social Security Number physically because they brought it around in their wallet. It’s safer to leave that at home.

But speaking of “Social Security” there’s “Eternal Security”, which is the truthful belief that you cannot lose your salvation. Therefore, once a person is saved, they are always saved. I prefer it to the term “If saved always saved” because that implies an Eternal Conscious Torment or Conditional Immortality viewpoint, both of which are false. Salvation is not a matter of “if”, it’s a matter of “when”. Eventually all people will become believers in Christ. “Will” not “maybe”.

Maybe Googling, well... in my case “Duckduckgoing”... not quite the same wring, on the Internet, shows these search results

mennonite beliefs at DuckDuckGo

The first result is from this site, so I will rebuke this sites definition of these specific mennonites.

What Sets Mennonites Apart From Other Faiths?

“Baptism: Water baptism is a sign of cleansing from sin.”

Physical water baptism to be saved is false, physical baptismal regenaration for salvation is false. That is works salvation, which is performing a good work, rather than faith alone, which is true.

Romans 3:24 And are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

We don’t need to physically sprinkle or submerse ourselves into a physical body of water for salvation. Rather, as soon as a person believes, they are spiritually baptized and thus permanently saved. The Holy Spirit represents that Spiritual Baptism, and they are permanently washed. Therefore, when a person believes in Christ, they are already baptized. They are spiritually baptized because the Holy Spirit dwells within them!

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.

Colossians 3:10 And have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.

Speaking of permanent washing, let’s examine their beliefs on Eternal Security

“Eternal Security: Mennonites do not believe in eternal security.”

Therefore, I rebuke the mennonites that have this belief as per this site’s definition for not believing in the truth, which is once saved always saved aka eternal security. When we are saved, we have permanent life.

Eternal security - Third Way

“While Mennonites hold tightly to the belief that we are saved through God’s powerful gift of grace, we don’t subscribe to the “eternal security,” or “once saved, always saved” theology. the individual may still choose to forfeit his/her right to salvation.” FALSE!

It’s impossible for an individual to forfeit his/her right to salvation when they truly gain it. TRUTH. As soon as a person has faith through grace in God’s salvation, they are permanently saved!

John 10:28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

Eternal meaning aionios meaning pertaining to an age. They are free from the age of sin and will move to the age of no sin.

Who can snatch believers out of the Lord’s hand? Nobody! Not even the believer themselves. Because God, the Holy Ghost, is inside of us and keeps us safe. It’s IMPOSSIBLE for a believer to get rid of their salvation when they are already saved. No one will snatch believers out of God’s hand, not even the believer themselves!

All humans have sin, all people are sinners. We are not saved by our own works, but rather because of the mercy Christ has on the whole world. Everyone will have faith alone in Christ and therefore everyone will gain the Holy Spirit of Permanent Life, not temporary life as those who promote the false doctrine of losing salvation say.

Ephesians 4:30 the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

As soon as someone believes in Christ Jesus, the Holy Spirit seals them for redemption. Who can break the seal placed by the Almighty God? NOBODY! Who is stronger than the Almighty God? NOBODY! Therefore, the Lord Almighty will accomplish His desire to place the seal of the Holy Spirit on all people of the Earth! The light always overcomes the darkness!

Matthew 5:14 You are the light of the world

In terms of denominations, I focus on the beliefs rather than the titles. That is why I say I rebuke “mennonites who falsely believe that you can lose salvation”. I have a love for the TRUTH, that believers cannot lose their salvation. That is true, my friends. This is illustrated by the founder of the Tentmaker.org site, Gary Amirault’s personal testimony.

Coming Home to Father -Gary Amirault Testimony

“I'm the kind of person who likes to have a sound and reasonable answer to all questions. For example, I might find myself one day in a Baptist church which may have handed me a brochure on the doctrine of eternal security, that is, that once a person was "saved" or "born again," they could not lose their salvation; the gift of eternal life could not be revoked nor lost even by turning away from God or denying Him. I would take the brochure to perhaps the Assembly of God pastor or some other denomination which taught one could lose their salvation. (This, by the way, is what the vast majority of Christians are incorrectly taught). “ End quote

For instance, I would much rather call myself a believer in eternal security, because it has that definition. Meanwhile, there are many different types of Baptists, as illustrated by this Baptist joke from the Tentmaker forums.

Baptist joke

“Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.” End quote

Therefore, like I mentioned above, my friend may have lost their Social Security Card, but it’s impossible for us believers to lose our salvation. That is Eternal Security! That is Once Saved Always Saved. The truth. And therefore, all people will be Saved Always Saved. The whole social world will gain Aionian Security in the Lord and be spiritually baptized by the Holy Spirit which washes away all sins, which means, have faith in Christ and be saved. Amen.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is conditional.

Colossians 1
21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;