Mind Loops

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To stand on the Word of God is one thing, but to stand still is quite another...
OK . . . so which do you suppose I'm talking about? And this going on about stagnating . . . what's your point, amadeus? Would care to be more clear? More up front?

Or is this to be one of those innuendos?

?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This makes a perfect example of the Straw Man Argument.
Sorry I have no idea what that phrase 'straw man argument' means!

I should know better than that. Except that what you've said I should know better than is neither true, nor what I've expressed. So the idea that I think everything he says is error is incorrect, yet you then go on to argue against is as if it were correct.
If I have mixed you up with someone else, I sincerely apologize. I had thought it was you who made such statement against him.

I've agreed with the fellow at times, I've given likes to his posts at times.
Glad to hear this. My impression has been that you are usually sharply opposed to him. Is that also not the case?

I'm still interested in your, not his, your answer . . . but it seems you don't want to do that, so, OK. I'm not going to keep asking the question.
Did I miss another question besides the one I am answering below?
amadeus said:
Do you not believe it is necessary to grow toward God for as long as we have time?

marks said:
Necessary for what? Maturity? Of course. Eternal life? Is that what you are asking? Do you not believe that we grow because we have life, rather than growing so we might hopefully attain life?

Seems fairly simple for me. Necessary for maturity. That's my answer.[/quote]
Now perhaps I start to understand your answer. I believe that failure to grow while time remains to us will cause us to die. Grow toward what? Toward being more like Jesus! If we are not already just like Him, then further growth during time remaining is both possible and necessary. How much like Jesus can a man become?

Maturity? Can maturity be lost? Can we move away from maturity in Jesus? Can a man leave his first love?

"Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent." Rev 2:4-5

Again, you can answer or not as you choose, but this is your choice. It has nothing to do with episkopos, nothing to do with me, either you want to or you don't.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps I can clear up the confusion.

It's not a matter of whether I understand him or not, he writes fairly clearly in my book.

When I question him about Scriptures, it's because I recognize the passage he alludes, and can see the misquote, or misuse, and wish to bring more light to that is be said.

Mixing in Biblical sounding language is not the same a supporting your views to others using Scripture.

It's not a question of not understanding. This comes from understanding.
Well thank you, at least now I understand better what you see as the problem.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK . . . so which do you suppose I'm talking about? And this going on about stagnating . . . what's your point, amadeus? Would care to be more clear? More up front?

Or is this to be one of those innuendos?

?
I was talking about standing still like the water in the Dead Sea in which life cannot be sustained. You will have to explain for yourself what you were talking about.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mind Loops <-- OP

The Carnal Mind...

Absolutely is ever changing.

The mind, decides what to believe and what not to believe,
* BY:
Hearing, Reading, Observing;
THEN:
* Ciphering, weighing, comparing, guessing, Logically Concluding
* ALSO:
Considering the source of the Information, testing of sorts of the source trustworthiness.

It is True God accepts the True Confession of Belief, of a Sinner, by a Sinner, and grants that Sinner Salvation...

God does NOT seek the wishy washy ever changing Carnal Mind...
"For a mans Confession of True Belief"

God searches a mans heart, for the mans TRUTH, and IF that man's Confession be True or Not.

Men regularly have conversations with men from their own two minds, based on their own "extent" of knowledge, reasoning, logic, understanding, wisdom, etc.

However The Word of God requires No, reasoning, weighing, logic etc... one either Heartfully Trust to Believe it, or not.

Glory to God,
Taken

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now perhaps I start to understand your answer. I believe that failure to grow while time remains to us will cause us to die.
Then your answer is growth towards eternal life.

Yes, this was my question, thank you!

Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was talking about standing still like the water in the Dead Sea in which life cannot be sustained. You will have to explain for yourself what you were talking about.
I don't understand how that relates to standing in God's grace, clothed with His armor.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand how that relates to standing in God's grace, clothed with His armor.
If I am understanding you correctly is in what salvation is to you and what it is to me. Are they different? I can only relate how I understand it: For me final salvation only is ours when we have finished our course walking with Him. Grace I guess is the covering and power of the Holy Spirit on our side, the full armor of God as well as the quickening Spirit of God bringing portions of the Word to Life within us as we move forward toward Him, that is, toward the end of our course, which usually, [if not always], would be when we have come to the place where someone will be shoveling dirt over our faces.

Jesus did finish his overcoming before he finished his course. Is that possible for us as well? Some will say it is not!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here is one for ya, Where would you be if you were to die tonight. Heaven or Hell ? that's what one I know says to every one to kick off with.
Well his answer for him self is Heaven. it's a pride driven answer to me. So a Christian must say Heaven directly he claims.
Now Jesus never went to Heaven the night that he was murdered. so does our Soul go directly to Heaven or Hell ? I don't think so, but it could for some.

I say well that's up to Jesus Christ himself and not for me to boast, but my hope is Heaven, but I am not going to push St Peter off the Cloud at the pearly gates so to speak, like old mate comes across, being all religious on people demanding such answers, it's as if you say something well if your blind faith in such, that must be true then ?
Now I know where old mate is coming from, but he is talking to people in a worldly religious way. I on the other hand would look to as if I were to talk to God.
I could just say Heaven to him with authority, now that could be ok because I am only talking to him, but if I was talking to God, well I would have to at least try to be totally honest and leave that up to him, because his will be done ? but to old mate that will not cut it with him at all. but I feel totally fine in this myself, I know he has not truly have a handle on the Holy Spirit, he has a Spirit however or he is of a Spirit.
I don't believe that my Soul will go to Hell tho.

Sure he will put forward verses of that may claim to only say you believe in Jesus then you are saved etc, but I understand such things in much more depth that he will ever know or bother with such. Your blind faith will not save you, that's only your faith ? and not the faith of God that is in you ? there is a difference.

I would never say to another that they were going to Heaven, because that has nothing to do with me at all, I can not make that call, I could say I believe myself that I have faith in them that they will. I can not make the call of one who is going to Hell, but I myself may think that they surely will. but that is not my call. and I am not going to make such a call. because the Bible points this out clearly.

It's a real creep show for me to hear the religious boast, as they have only a religion and not truly Jesus as their Lord.

I know that it sounds as tho I am of little faith to the religious, but my faith is much stronger then theirs by far, I have come across such peddling their faith and then the weeds grew up and killed that such faith and I am talking about many that the weeds grew up on and strangled that faith, it's an epidemic.

Reactions: Episkopos