MMMMM...The Thanksgiving Feast!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Yesterday I made Blueberry Muffins and Maple Pecan Scones. These freeze very well for one of those lazy mornings! I wrap them individually and freeze, then pop them in a freezer bag to seal tight.

I just finished my braided bread, cranberry sauce, stuffed dates and am getting ready to devil some eggs.
cooking.gif

What are some of your favorites?
smilie_girl_352.gif

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
Deviled eggs are a favorite of mine too, but sweet potato pie will turn me gluttonous in 2 seconds, lol. :wub: Honey ham comes in a close third.

Oddly, turkey (even with gravy) has always been too dry for me to really enjoy :blink:

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Have you tried deep fried turkey Redeemed86?
I'm getting ready to make a couple of Mississippi tater pies this evening.

I like the thanksgiving holiday because it reminds everyone to be thankful for things usually taken for granted.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
MMMMMM...THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enhanced-buzz-6694-1322256805-3.jpg

enhanced-buzz-4706-1322256926-16.jpg

http://www.buzzfeed.com/turtlefeed/tortoises-enjoy-thanksgiving-leftovers-ruc

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The father-in-law makes deep friend turkey for Thanksgiving. Apparently I'm the next in line to learn now, and I'm kinda excited. There's nothing like turkey sandwiches for the the next week anyway, but fried turkey just has an amazing taste! Some friends of ours had us over the next night and fed us home-cooked barbecue complete with a custom mustard-based barbecue mix that her uncle made and home-made fries and it was amazing as well! We ate leftovers for lunch today, and I pretty much feel like I've been eating like a king.

It's so much better when its not out of a box, bag, or freezer!

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Well, I really miss the turkey and dressing...can eat turkey here, but can't make homemade dressing...no ingredients to make the corn bread or the biscuits properly...but did put on a lunch for church to celebrate Thanksgiving with my church family...fellowship and praising the Lord is awesome way to spend a Thanksgiving Day....